RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Woman Sees Dealership Employee Running Errands - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Woman Sees Dealership Employee Running Errands in Her Truck While It's in for Service, Steals It Back Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:04 PM

Woman Sees Dealership Employee Running Errands in Her Truck While It's in for Service, Steals It Back

Jalopnik
Alanis King
Today 12:00pm

excerpt:

No one wants their car misused while in the shop, since it’s in for service, not joyrides or errands. But a Mississippi woman with a knack for teaching people a lesson didn’t just file a complaint when she saw a dealership employee running errands in her truck—she just stole the truck back and left them without a ride.

The woman, Penny Ivy Thompson, posted her side of the story on Facebook on Wednesday: basically, that when her truck was supposed to be at the local Mac Haik Flowood dealership for service, she instead saw it tailgating another car down the road and followed it to make sure it got to its destination “in one piece.” Its destination, Thompson wrote, turned out to be Lowe’s.

Thompson said she waited 20 minutes for the employee to come back out, but eventually called the dealer to ask where her truck was. She ended up telling them herself, in addition to all of social media—her post from Wednesday had nearly 10,000 shares, as of this writing.

“Well then what did I do?” Thompson’s post said. “I found my spare key out of my purse and I steal MY OWN DODGE from Lowes parking lot cause ya see I’m a Home Depot kinda girl anyway.

<SNIP>

LINK

:coolshades:

This post has been edited by grimreefer: 20 April 2019 - 10:05 PM

#2 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:27 AM

Sort of the same thing had happened to me back in 1983 when I took my souped up Chevelle to a local muffler shop to have a new dual exhaust system from aftermarket headers put on it.

A friend of mine called me and told me that they were making full throttle runs down the street again and again. They ran a half tank of gas out. They put 100 psi in my rear air shocks just to get their crappy pipe bends to clear the driveshaft, almost. They got out of it to look under it for the sound of the driveshaft rubbing on their shoddy work and I jumped in it and drove it home.

I made them give me a full refund after I had called the cops on them. Then I had to take it somewhere else to get their crap cut out and another system put in that was done right.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 21 April 2019 - 12:34 PM

#3 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:01 AM

Not quite as bad as Ferris Bueller, but bad.

#4 User is offline   Oathtaker 

• <no title>

Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:21 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 20 April 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

:coolshades:

I don’t let others work on my truck, that being said, if I were in a similar situation I would’ve just taken the truck form the Lowe’s parking lot, then showed up at the dealer later asking to see my truck as I had forgotten to grab important paperwork out of it when I left it there.

I’d want to hear the lies and witness the contortions of the service manager. If they came clean, I’d put on a show demanding a new truck on the spot rather loudly and perhaps in the middle of the showroom. After that I’d storm out yelling I’d never patronize this place again. And true to my word, they’d never see me again. I wouldn’t divulge I had the truck in my possession. They’d probably be sweating it out for a few weeks or months afterwards waiting for the other shoe to drop in the form of a lawsuit. That worry picking at them would be revenge enough.

#5 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:27 AM

View PostOathtaker, on 21 April 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

I don't let others work on my truck, that being said, if I were in a similar situation I would've just taken the truck form the Lowe's parking lot, then showed up at the dealer later asking to see my truck as I had forgotten to grab important paperwork out of it when I left it there. I'd want to hear the lies and witness the contortions of the service manager. If they came clean, I'd put on a show demanding a new truck on the spot rather loudly and perhaps in the middle of the showroom. After that I'd storm out yelling I'd never patronize this place again. And true to my word, they'd never see me again. I wouldn't divulge I had the truck in my possession. They'd probably be sweating it out for a few weeks or months afterwards waiting for the other shoe to drop in the form of a lawsuit. That worry picking at them would be revenge enough.

When you got to the manager, he would show you the fine print which says any dispute between you and the dealership must be submitted to binding arbitration which you would have to help pay for. Then, the dealership would offer you a choice among three arbitrators who have all previously worked for and gotten paid by the dealership, and expect to do so in the future. The arbitrator you chose would find in favor of the dealership and present you with a bill for your share of the arbitration.

#6 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:49 AM

As a former car salesman, I would say-Find another dealer! One guy did that at my old dealership and the guy was fired immediately and the dealer principal said he was going to do his best to get the guy blacklisted. I must admit, though, that I worked (for a short time) at a couple of dealerships where something like that could happen.

#7 User is offline   USMCforever60 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:32 AM

That is why I always write down my total and reset mileage.

#8 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:54 AM

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0148/9585/articles/ferrisfeatured_1400x.progressive.jpg?v=1501519065

#9 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:26 PM

I have read about similar instances where customers were upset that the mechanics were driving their car around, or even home overnight - and the dealer stood by the technicians due to the type of repair being done. Depending on the service being done, driving back and forth to the hardware store might have been along the same lines. Seeing how they fired the technician, and suspended the manager, I'm guessing it wasn't the kind of service that required driving the customer's car around.

#10 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostJunto, on 21 April 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

I have read about similar instances where customers were upset that the mechanics were driving their car around, or even home overnight - and the dealer stood by the technicians due to the type of repair being done. Depending on the service being done, driving back and forth to the hardware store might have been along the same lines. Seeing how they fired the technician, and suspended the manager, I'm guessing it wasn't the kind of service that required driving the customer's car around.

Also, as luck would have it, last week my almost 3 year old sports car lost AC function, and I brought it in to be repaired under warranty. They ended up keeping my car 2 days while the part arrived. I never bothered to check my dashcam to see if they were rowdy with it. I figure they couldn't be doing too much worse than I would do (except burnouts would be upsetting).

This post has been edited by Junto: 21 April 2019 - 12:32 PM

#11 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:35 PM

View PostUSMCforever60, on 21 April 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

That is why I always write down my total and reset mileage.

:exactly:

Excellent advice.

#12 User is offline   Oathtaker 

• <no title>

Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:07 PM

View PostMartin, on 21 April 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

When you got to the manager, he would show you the fine print which says any dispute between you and the dealership must be submitted to binding arbitration which you would have to help pay for. Then, the dealership would offer you a choice among three arbitrators who have all previously worked for and gotten paid by the dealership, and expect to do so in the future. The arbitrator you chose would find in favor of the dealership and present you with a bill for your share of the arbitration.

You misunderstood what I was saying.

The last contact I would have with the dealer would be storming out of there after loudly proclaiming my displeasure. The fact that they cannot deliver my vehicle back to me means that we can’t settle up. By the time they figure it out the key they are holding “won’t go to my vehicle”. You picking up what I’m laying down?

See the term bailment....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users