RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Parrot Detained After Alerting Owners To Police Drug Raid - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Parrot Detained After Alerting Owners To Police Drug Raid Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:27 PM

Parrot Detained After Alerting Owners To Police Drug Raid

Washington Examiner
by Zachary Halaschak
April 25, 2019 04:00 PM

[Too short to excerpt]

A green parrot was taken into police custody after trying to stop a drug raid, repeatedly shouting, “Mama, police!” in Brazilian as officers closed in on the home of two alleged crack dealers.

The lookout parrot was apparently in situ to alert its owners to the presence of law enforcement and attempted to compromise the raid, which took place in northern Brazil.

“He must have been trained for this,” an officer involved in the operation said, according to the Guardian. “As soon as the police got close he started shouting.”

The warning was unsuccessful, and the bird’s two owners were taken into custody, along with bags of crack cocaine seized from the residence. Also seized from the residence was the parrot, which kept quiet after it was placed in a cage, carried out, and taken to the police department.

Salma Barros, the arrested couple’s defense attorney, has cited the parrot's silence in raising questions about the police version of the arrests, wondering how a bird that so vocally tipped off its owners to a drug raid could remain quiet while in police custody.

The parrot was later sent to a zoo, where it has failed to utter a word or even a squawk. “Lots of police officers have come by and he’s said nothing,” said veterinarian Alexandre Clark.

Link

#2 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:48 PM

How did they get the cuffs on his wings?

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:24 PM

Salma Barros, the arrested couple’s defense attorney, has cited the parrot's silence in raising questions about the police version of the arrests, wondering how a bird that so vocally tipped off its owners to a drug raid could remain quiet while in police custody.

The parrot was later sent to a zoo, where it has failed to utter a word or even a squawk. “Lots of police officers have come by and he’s said nothing,” said veterinarian Alexandre Clark.

I take it Salma and Alexandre don't spend much time around parrots. Well I have. They'll talk for some people, people they recognize. Many of them won't talk to people they don't recognize. I thought everybody knew that.

B)

#4 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:28 PM

My daughter's friend had a parrot that could mimic the ring of the telephone PERFECTLY! It used to drive everyone in the family nuts.

#5 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:44 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 25 April 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

I take it Salma and Alexandre don't spend much time around parrots. Well I have. They'll talk for some people, people they recognize. Many of them won't talk to people they don't recognize. I thought everybody knew that.

Pet bird for a while. Fell out of the nest in our roof. Took care of it, named him "Robert the Byrd" just because. Nursed it back to health and then flew off. Which is as it should be.

EtA: Somewhere on YouTube there is is probably a video of me trying to teach "robert the byrd" how to fly as a fledgling. I wont post it. Instead there is...

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 25 April 2019 - 06:56 PM

#6 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:29 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 25 April 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

B)

They thought that once in police custody it would sing like a canary, but it ain't no stool pigeon.

#7 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:20 AM

The parrot just exercised his right to remain silent after his arrest. :shrug:

#8 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:02 PM

One of my neighbors has two very rambunctious German Shepherds. They also have a number of birds including a large Grey Parrot(I think it's a Parrot). In talking to my neighbor he said when ever the one pooch is in the house and starts barking the bird tells him to shut up! Poor Dog gets very very confused each time.

Oki

#9 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:56 PM

A friend of mine had an African Gray that had learned to cry like his baby. I was on the phone to him one time, heard the kid crying and crying, said, hey, you need to go take care of that? He said nah, the wife was out with the kid, it's the G-Damned parrot. Drove him nuts.

Never, ever, ever teach a parrot to whistle. Trust me on this.

My sister-in-law worked with a woman, dumb as a rock but kind of hot, who married this guy and they had a parrot. She "met" the parrot once and the only thing it kept saying was "Shut the F*** Up!!!" Guess that's what the guy usually told his wife.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users