RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Site security - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1

Site security

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:59 AM

Is it just me? Or has RN's https security designation been removed somehow? It may be an effect of some of the upgrades, but it also could put password and financial information at risk.

Attached File  Screenshot_1.png (2.89K)
Number of downloads: 3

#2 User is offline   Lisa 

• <<< . >>>
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Site Owner

Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:59 PM

Iíll talk to the host about site security, but heís usually on it as far as thatís concerned. Also, just to ease your minds, financial info is on PayPalís servers, not on ours.

#3 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:39 PM

View PostLisa, on 02 August 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

I'll talk to the host about site security, but he's usually on it as far as that's concerned. Also, just to ease your minds, financial info is on PayPal's servers, not on ours.

Oh that's right. I remember now. I couldn't remember if I had entered it here for one of my recent donations because I had used a credit card for the anonymous one. But it still redirected me to PayPal.

#4 User is offline   Mad Jack 

• Tooooo Sweeeet
  • Group: Silver

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:04 PM

No SSL Certificate on this site. This will not affect paypal at all.

#5 User is offline   SSI 

• Group: Registered Guest

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:40 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 02 August 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

Is it just me? Or has RN's https security designation been removed somehow? It may be an effect of some of the upgrades, but it also could put password and financial information at risk.

Attachment Screenshot_1.png

No issues at all on this, most browsers will not show a warning if a site is not using SSL, SSL was always reserved to help protect things of value, bank accounts, places where you shop and have a credit card on file etc... In 2018, Google and some others feel that every site should use SSL, so they now show a warning. The site is secure and will have SSL after the upgrades coming soon. :)

View PostLisa, on 02 August 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

Iíll talk to the host about site security, but heís usually on it as far as thatís concerned. Also, just to ease your minds, financial info is on PayPalís servers, not on ours.

;) I happen to be around checking upgrade testing items and saw this, figured I would save you the trouble. Hope you don't mind. :)

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users