RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Racist White Pride? - RightNation.US

Racist White Pride? Lest We Forget Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:45 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 October 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

"If we had a college fund that gave only white students scholarships, you know we'd be racists."

Google scholarships. There are scholarships for students who are of European ancestry.

Black people are lumped into one category because our ancestors arrived here as slaves, and therefore haven't the same connection to a homeland as other Americans.
Anyway:
https://www.top10onl...alian-students/
https://www.fastweb....-irish-students

The United Negro College Fund is a 70+ year old organization started because black students had limited resources to further themselves educationally. What's the problem?

So your saying only black people where ever slaves in this country?

By the way, how many generations must pass before past injustices no longer affect those born well after they occurred?
One, two, three, six, seven? When are failures and short comings recognized as ones own?
Case in point, if racism was in fact the reason so many people of color do not succeed, then how is it numerous people of any race can come here with nothing and over time enjoy a level of success those born here cannot? How is it someone can come from countries like China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, with absolutely nothing not even knowing the language can enjoy a decent life and at least some success, while an Asian kid born here cannot? The same is just as true of Black People as it is of White. I have personally seen black people come from nations like Haiti who worked there ass off and know enjoy a decent life. Hell, I have cousin who like to blame his failures on the fact he is part Indian. Never mind he was the one who quit school at 16, got into drugs, theft and has spent the majority of his adult life at Club North Dakota. Which is ironic as it is only a couple miles from where BOTH OF US GREW UP AND WENT TO SCHOOL.

And yeah, Bambi is right on the money. Then again, I have always simply felt pride in who I am, my family and my country. Never felt the need to identify myself by race. I never felt the need to have a history month even though little to nothing was ever taught about the contributions to the world or this country by 'my people'. I was simply happy to be an American knowing that I could be what ever I chose, that the road I traveled down was mine to choose. Growing up in a trailer park I heard plenty about how the Rich would never allow such a thing, Government wanted to keep me down, and the best thing was to try and get everything you could out of the government. Not from my own family, but others I knew. Funny thing really, many are still in that trailer park, some are probably dead, some are probably in jail, and I am sure some moved on to some other obscure trailer park in God knows where.

Then again I guess it's just a lot easier for people to be victims and keep repeating a cycle. Great for votes and much easier to live that way.
By the way, I have walked by businesses where a sign said 'my kind' was not welcome. Where the Police are often racist and Government has laws specifically aimed at 'my kind'. So yeah, I can identify. Thing is that's the exception and not the norm, and, I understand moving forward doesn't mean forgetting, it means moving forward and not holding those who had nothing to do with it accountable.

Oki

#22 User is online   Italian Biker 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:32 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 October 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

[
You have every other month to celebrate your heritage. When I went to school 'black history' consisted of a few pages about Lincoln freeing the slaves, Rosa Parks on the bus and MLK Jr getting shot. Like the other institutions, it came about because something was lacking.

Wrong, because when we try to celebrate our heritage outside of specific ethnicity, we're called racists, and that any pride in our skin color comes from white supremacy, if we would try to point out that a great invention from history was invented by a white person, we're called racist. Now, I must say your school must have really sucked. I learned about all the ones you mentioned, and Harriet Tubmann, Booker T Washington, Frederick Douglas, Thurgood Marshal, the Buffalo Soldiers, elementary and highschool, were both Catholic schools, which allowed anyone to attend, but I can't specifically recall if any non Christians attended when I was there.

#23 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:01 AM

View PostLadybird, on 09 October 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

I just assumed complaints were about what's happening in the US since, Black History month and Confederate flag protests are strictly kind of American things.

"There are countless openly proclaimed Muslim only schools in America. Yet if there were 'White only schools ', that would be racist."

Good grief.. I don't believe you wrote this. Please tell me that's true.

You know what they say about those who assume.

#24 User is offline   Timothy 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:24 AM

1) The context for "white pride" is very different than "black pride" or "gay pride". "Black pride", "gay pride" etc. primarily exist AS A RESPONSE to racism, homophobia, etc. It is BECAUSE of widespread efforts and beliefs that treated them like second class citizens and people that they had, and have the need, to assert that they aren't inferior. The point of scholarships to specific groups isn't to give them an edge over other groups but to balance out the disadvantages that they face. Can it go too far? Yes.

2) "The past isn't dead. It isn't really past". Social systems, economic prosperity, generational prosperity, and cultural habits that are created by things like slavery and Jim Crow have staying power even after the original institutions and laws that created them are no more. After slavery came Jim Crow. Part of Jim Crow was redlining that in many cases still existed after Jim Crow. This isn't just about slavery, but the long history of disenfranchisement, social disempowerment, and economic disempowerment that came after it.

3) There are many other factors at play when it comes to the success of any particular individual than just racial or some other form of discrimination or privilege. There are some on the left who tend to be very reductionist about this. But these others factors don't completely negate discrimination or privilege as a factor. This isn't an all or nothing issue.

4) Non-white people can be racist. And I disagree with those on the left who frame it as a white only thing. But this doesn't mean that in general or on average, non-white people are just as likely to be racist as white people. Systemic issues and power dynamics are at play here, and racism from a position of power takes a different, generally more harmful, form than racism that isn't from a position of power.

Widespread racism by people in a dominant group in a country against a non-dominant group in that country is common throughout the world. The history of racism in the US fits that pattern.

5) This isn't about guilt but correcting injustices and making the world better for everyone.

6) "If we celebrate the North's triumph over the South's including the Emancipation Proclamation, we are racists." Who has said this?

7) The "Muslim only school" thing that Ladybird called out stuck out to me as an especially weak point as well. She did a good job addressing it.

#25 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:18 AM

View PostTimothy, on 10 October 2018 - 12:24 AM, said:

1) The context for "white pride" is very different than "black pride" or "gay pride". "Black pride", "gay pride" etc. primarily exist AS A RESPONSE to racism, homophobia, etc. It is BECAUSE of widespread efforts and beliefs that treated them like second class citizens and people that they had, and have the need, to assert that they aren't inferior. The point of scholarships to specific groups isn't to give them an edge over other groups but to balance out the disadvantages that they face. Can it go too far? Yes.

2) "The past isn't dead. It isn't really past". Social systems, economic prosperity, generational prosperity, and cultural habits that are created by things like slavery and Jim Crow have staying power even after the original institutions and laws that created them are no more. After slavery came Jim Crow. Part of Jim Crow was redlining that in many cases still existed after Jim Crow. This isn't just about slavery, but the long history of disenfranchisement, social disempowerment, and economic disempowerment that came after it.

3) There are many other factors at play when it comes to the success of any particular individual than just racial or some other form of discrimination or privilege. There are some on the left who tend to be very reductionist about this. But these others factors don't completely negate discrimination or privilege as a factor. This isn't an all or nothing issue.

4) Non-white people can be racist. And I disagree with those on the left who frame it as a white only thing. But this doesn't mean that in general or on average, non-white people are just as likely to be racist as white people. Systemic issues and power dynamics are at play here, and racism from a position of power takes a different, generally more harmful, form than racism that isn't from a position of power.

Widespread racism by people in a dominant group in a country against a non-dominant group in that country is common throughout the world. The history of racism in the US fits that pattern.

5) This isn't about guilt but correcting injustices and making the world better for everyone.

6) "If we celebrate the North's triumph over the South's including the Emancipation Proclamation, we are racists." Who has said this?

7) The "Muslim only school" thing that Ladybird called out stuck out to me as an especially weak point as well. She did a good job addressing it.

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

#26 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:30 AM

I couldnít disagree more if I tried. Letís see some actual examples of your points 1-5.

The thing is, conservatives welcome anyone to join as long as they arenít going to use the power of the state to take from others beyond a reasonable (low) level of taxation. Conservatives arenít about power over individuals, we are about power TO individuals. The left is the opposite, and minorities should understand this better than anyone.

#27 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:35 AM

View PostHardRightBambi, on 09 October 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

The point was to illustrate that exceptionalism for one group doesn't make it right. I thought that was obvious. How can there be patented exceptionalism for one group and then a declaration of racism lodged at another group for the same thing? How is that ok? And remember not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslim.

Frazier Glenn Cross, Ted Kaczynski, Timothy McVeigh & Terry Nichols, Eric Rudolf, Dylan Roof... None of these people are Muslim.

What "patented exceptionalism" is being made for Muslim schools that are not made for the myriad of other types of religious schools in the US?

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 10 October 2018 - 10:26 AM

#28 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:45 AM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 09 October 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:

To be fair, your links point to scholarships based on nationality. Not on race. The UNCF is based on race alone and I think you know this.

Iím not sure if you just hoped to slip that past, but I think Bambi raised a fair point and it still appears to be standing.

I already stated why blacks who are descendants of slaves are lumped into one category. African slaves were completely stripped of their language, identity, culture, and bodies in this country. This is not the same as with other groups that came to our shores.
Whites calls themselves Irish or Italian, even when generations of family members have lived here, because they have a connection to their specific ancestral homeland.

The UNCF is a 70 year old scholarship which helps this unique group of individuals in this country, who's identities are bound together by skin color.

#29 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:57 AM

This might be a little off topic, but worth pointing out. What does the news media do if a White cop shoots a Black man? They'll cover it for days and usually in a way that makes the cop look bad. How many times have you seen the reverse covered the same way, a Black cop shooting a White man? Doesn't happen. Same thing with the violence that's killing Blacks in places like Chicago, it's Black on Black crime the media can't sensationalize and use as a way to keep us divided, so we might hear how 20 people were shot last weekend, but that's where the coverage ends.

I would also submit that people like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson make their living by keeping us divided as well, as do some celebrities like Harry Belafonte and Colin Kaepernick. I think for the most, we get two different responses depending on skin color. A Black man sees me as the cause for his struggles and I see him as a guy who needs to stop blaming me, I haven't done anything but try to deal with my own challenges. I don't hate him for his skin color, how low IQ would that be?

#30 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:14 AM

"You rob us, carjack us, and rape our daughters. But, when a white police officer arrests a black gang member or beats up an Asian drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist. "

Who are you talking about here. black people? Last week a white man shot 7 police officers, killing one. Barely a peep out of anyone.

I had a hard time finding a story with a picture of this man. The Freepers had the usual "if it was a white man, his name and picture would be shown". One of them even posted a pic of the black officer who was killed as if he were the suspect.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 10 October 2018 - 08:28 AM

#31 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:47 AM

And this explain why two people of the same color from the same neighborhood can have two very different outcomes in life how again?
This explains why someone can come to this nation with absolutely nothing, not even speaking the language, but over time can achieve a level of success a person of the same color cannot?

Come on know, if it was how you say then explain those two simple facts.
Bambi's point was that if group X has something exclusive to or for them it's a okay but if Caucasians did the exact same thing people will scream racism.
The idea that racism is holding people back is pure and utter B.S. no one is denying that it still exists, it takes many forms, however much of it is not by Caucasians. But, like I said explain why someone can come to this nation with nothing but over time achieve a level of success someone of the same background born here cannot. If racism was truly the deciding factor neither would ever achieve anything.

Oki

#32 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:04 AM

View PostLadybird, on 10 October 2018 - 06:14 AM, said:

"You rob us, carjack us, and rape our daughters. But, when a white police officer arrests a black gang member or beats up an Asian drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist. "

Who are you talking about here. black people? Last week a white man shot 7 police officers, killing one. Barely a peep out of anyone.

I had a hard finding a story with a picture of this man. The Freepers had the usual "if it was a white man, his name and picture would be shown". One of them even posted of the black officer who was killed as the suspect.

My point exactly, the news media keeps pushing the same narrative and ignoring or only giving minor coverage to something that doesn't fit. A White guy killing cops doesn't get much coverage, but a Black? Hell yeah, the goal is to keep us divided, doesn't matter who's doing the shooting, it just has to involve both races.

#33 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:04 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 10 October 2018 - 12:01 AM, said:

You know what they say about those who assume.

:exactly:

And note the predictable selective/subjective outrage and indignity?

#34 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:07 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 10 October 2018 - 03:18 AM, said:

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

:yeahthat:

#35 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:11 AM

View PostLadybird, on 10 October 2018 - 06:14 AM, said:

I had a hard finding a story with a picture of this man. The Freepers had the usual "if it was a white man, his name and picture would be shown". One of them even posted of the black officer who was killed as the suspect.

Pure :bs:

We have groups of black kids robbing convenience stores, malls and beating innocent people all of the time in our cities. The news people won't even dare to mention that they are all blacks.
They only refer to them as "teens".

#36 User is online   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:17 AM

View PostLadybird, on 10 October 2018 - 05:45 AM, said:

I already stated why blacks who are descendants of slaves are lumped into one category. African slaves were completely stripped of their language, identity, culture, and bodies in this country. This is not the same as with other groups that came to our shores.
Whites calls themselves Irish or Italian, even when generations of family members have lived here, because they have a connection to their specific ancestral homeland.

The UNCF is a 70 year old scholarship which helps this unique group of individuals in this country, who's identities are bound together by skin color.

Like I said. UNCF is based on race. The other scholarships are based on nationality. You can rationalize and justify it however you want to, and you might not be wrong. But itís still race-based.

Iím not sure that segregating one group from another because of skin color has ever been a great idea.

#37 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:22 AM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 10 October 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

Like I said. UNCF is based on race. The other scholarships are based on nationality. You can rationalize and justify it however you want to, and you might not be wrong. But itís still race-based.

Iím not sure that segregating one group from another because of skin color has ever been a great idea.

If justice is supposed to blind, then should everything else be as well? After all how can any society achieve true equality when one group receives something for what ever reason while another does not? Does this not breed anger and hostility from those who do not receive this? Often those who cannot or will not recognize this will justify it based on the past. Problem is there comes a point when one must take responsibility for themselves, for there own future and can no longer blame injustices of the past for their problems of the present. Those who do this overcome and achieve those who will not or cannot are essentially doomed to simply repeat the cycle. I know I have said this a few times but I think it bears repeating.

If racism is the reason why someone cannot achieve or get ahead in this nation then how do people who come here with nothing, not even knowing the language achieve a level of success while those of the same color or background born here cannot? Personally speaking, this alone tells me the failures of some have nothing to do with racism but everything to do with attitude, personal beliefs, family or community. All of which must be solved by the individual, family or community.

Oki

#38 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

• Right is Right and Left is Sinister

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:50 AM

So, here's the deal: this subject was presented to me and argued in such a succinct and logic based manner that I was forced to agree. That person was a very black woman who had previously worked for none other than Maxine Waters ::insert big neon blue D, here>. If you don't understand why that tells me all I'll ever need to know about the Left's fabricated religion of victimology agenda as it specifically applies to blacks, then I'll try to define it.

Like any other victim class that has been seeded and pampered into a righteous yet wholly untouchable, shan't be impugned in any manner, nor challenged, nor even tested totally flawed ideology, it promotes only the use of a crutch. As planned (by the Left) those who elect to buy into the crutch system rapidly begin to believe their own flawed-to-the-core propaganda. Enter the progressives' line of defense wherein white liberal guilt is assuaged by falsely elevating the now crutch-dependent. It makes them feel good to be able to walk away claiming they're such good people for having engineered a "favorable environment" having created the illusion of equitable and level playing fields enthusiastically stacking the deck, slanting the odds to favor one over the other, I doubt I need to list the endless analogies,so I'll leave this specific point, as made.

At the end of the day all that really remains is a created dependency. Replete with countless victims of evil white people who want nothing more than to grind under their jack booted KKK/Nazi heels those who are dependent upon the liberal-flawed ideology of a permanent victim under class. They've succeeded in manufacturing more foundation stones to support liberal superiority. The Left will implode and collapse into nothingness without their permanent victims and stationary under class constituents. This is why it will always, always fail. It's fundamentally flawed, erroneously cultured, and guerilla warfare grown and protected. Now you know why Alibama was destined to fail from the moment his atypical, text book angry black woman, wife thunder thighs Moochelle with verifiable slave blood in her veins, blathered that so meaningful and down with the struggle garbage "poem" about those who carried the boom boxes and picked the lettuce during his ill fated inauguration. At last white liberal guilt was assuaged and a permanent victim was elevated to his rightful place. Ponder if you will, why it is that women and minorities are the relentless victims of anything from homelessness to what it's now called climate change, I think. Used to be global warming, but that flopped like so many others liberal agendas so it was re packaged and re named and re touted as new and improved.

I can easily lay claim to the status of victim, were that part of my character. I possess shameful documentation proving that I have ancestors who bought and paid in cash for two little "Afrika" boys with estimated ages of 9 and 11 purchased at a South Carolina slave auction, circa 1822. I'm not culpable for the beliefs and actions of my ancestors just like you're not a victim unless you choose to be; I can claim that *I* am a victim of an old, outdated, and fundamentally flawed and harmful belief system embraced by my ancestors because they bought near infant aged children to utilize as slave labor. Doesn't that legitimize my victim status? Personally, I know many, many black people who reject this flawed ideology and make their own legitimately earned and perpetuated way in our society just like I know for an absolute fact that they neither want nor need anyone's pity, victim status, nor flawed false religion. Just the idea is egregiously insulting to them. As it should be.

You've been misled into lip service to a false god, you obviously believe in a fanatical false religion based upon a wholly Dimocrat/Left sponsored and perpetuated belief in victimology. Just like so many others that the Left has duped into baptism of the flawed faith. Do I really need to cite examples that demonstrate how this is unmitigated truth? Consider for a moment that jackass presumed father of Michael Brown, standing on a soap box maniacally calling for uncivilized black insurrection, screaming into a child's toy microphone, not unlike giving Maxine Waters a pulpit, "burn this b*tch down!" over and over. Rather redirect your ire towards your genuine slave masters, the DNC, traffickers in hate and re-suppliers of adding fuel to the funeral pyre. Do your homework, discover that your leash holders are, in fact, the very same people goading you from behind to be a permanent victim. Unless, of course, you really enjoy the elite and untouchable status of victim.

This has been an exercise in calling things what they really are. Continued support of the progressive Left and Dim funded agenda of fabricating a false class of untouchable victims. Recently profiled by the "victims", destined to become untouchable and unquestioned, championed by the purveyors of accelerated combustible hatred, false accusations, and continued victimizing of those already victimized.

If you were really paying attention, you would've noticed that this topic wasn't worded in my usual style. It's coarse, basically unrefined and lacks elegance of terminology, There was a reason for that still, it's nonetheless true. Be your own advocate. Bring yourself forward and get an upgrade. Cease to be a lock step pawn of the Left. Your immediate, emotion-based, posture gives you away.

So who's down with another untouchable? gay rights comes to mind.

#39 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

• Right is Right and Left is Sinister

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:56 AM

View Postoki, on 10 October 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

If justice is supposed to blind, then should everything else be as well? After all how can any society achieve true equality when one group receives something for what ever reason while another does not? Does this not breed anger and hostility from those who do not receive this? Often those who cannot or will not recognize this will justify it based on the past. Problem is there comes a point when one must take responsibility for themselves, for there own future and can no longer blame injustices of the past for their problems of the present. Those who do this overcome and achieve those who will not or cannot are essentially doomed to simply repeat the cycle. I know I have said this a few times but I think it bears repeating.

If racism is the reason why someone cannot achieve or get ahead in this nation then how do people who come here with nothing, not even knowing the language achieve a level of success while those of the same color or background born here cannot? Personally speaking, this alone tells me the failures of some have nothing to do with racism but everything to do with attitude, personal beliefs, family or community. All of which must be solved by the individual, family or community.

Oki

Oh Oki, you melt me, all this before I've consumed the day's coffee quota. From my own personal observations this has to be one of your finest examples of the command of logic, reason, and rational substance. You obviously get this subject and are totally capable of mounting an articulate and admirable defense. You have my respect and appreciation, for that.

#40 User is offline   Diamond369 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:21 AM

Is there or should there really such thing as racial pride? Why or why not? My guess is that white people just like all of us have much to be proud and much to not be so proud of. For every white person who has oppressed a black or brown person, there have been many who have not oppressed anyone, and contributed and yet have done great things, even at the cost of their own lives. However, that person could be white, black, yellow, red, or brown. In the end, If colors didn't exist, the whole world would be black. Deep down, we will really all one color.

This post has been edited by Diamond369: 10 October 2018 - 09:25 AM

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users