RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Study: Millennials Face Greatest Hardships From Toxic Economic - RightNation.US

Study: Millennials Face Greatest Hardships From Toxic Economic Conditions Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:25 PM

View PostMr. Naron, on 17 June 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

While it’s insane to compare the economic conditions people born in the 90s have had to “endure” with those of previous generations like those who went through the Depression, the main problem is urbanization. Most jobs are to be found where housing markets are essentially broken for myriad reasons from banking shenanigans to NIMBYism. Older twenty somethings and younger thirty somethings making average salaries have no hope to save up for a down payment on a house until they’re retired. It’s not the free market’s fault at all, but many who pose as free marketers are to blame.

https://i1.wp.com/www.altarandthrone.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/crayons2.jpg

#22 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:08 PM

View PostMr. Naron, on 17 June 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

While it’s insane to compare the economic conditions people born in the 90s have had to “endure” with those of previous generations like those who went through the Depression, the main problem is urbanization. Most jobs are to be found where housing markets are essentially broken for myriad reasons from banking shenanigans to NIMBYism. Older twenty somethings and younger thirty somethings making average salaries have no hope to save up for a down payment on a house until they’re retired. It’s not the free market’s fault at all, but many who pose as free marketers are to blame.

I do think "endure" is relative. It has a lot to do with "resilience"; the ability to 'bounce back' after a setback. A related concept is "situational awareness", largely a military term used to describe the intuitiveness of "grokking" your own position relative to all that's going on around you. Some people have either/both. Some don't. And if a person has at least SOME, it can be further developed with training. And repetition. And don't quote me on the exact number, but as I recall (It's been a while) US Navy/USMC doctrine is that it takes 300 repetitions of a thing for it to become "second nature".

People of MY generation (And yours?) had an advantage: Post-WWII Parents who were themselves guided by parents from "The Greatest generation".

These days? Sucks to be them, the 2nd/3rd gen from the hippies/flower children of the late '60s. They've never been raised with the 'tools' to succeed. What sucks even MORE is that, lacking these same tools to succeed, they can still VOTE.

#23 User is offline   Mr. Naron 

• But you're not as confused as Nigel, are you?
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:23 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 17 June 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

I do think "endure" is relative. It has a lot to do with "resilience"; the ability to 'bounce back' after a setback. A related concept is "situational awareness", largely a military term used to describe the intuitiveness of "grokking" your own position relative to all that's going on around you. Some people have either/both. Some don't. And if a person has at least SOME, it can be further developed with training. And repetition. And don't quote me on the exact number, but as I recall (It's been a while) US Navy/USMC doctrine is that it takes 300 repetitions of a thing for it to become "second nature".

People of MY generation (And yours?) had an advantage: Post-WWII Parents who were themselves guided by parents from "The Greatest generation".

These days? Sucks to be them, the 2nd/3rd gen from the hippies/flower children of the late '60s. They've never been raised with the 'tools' to succeed. What sucks even MORE is that, lacking these same tools to succeed, they can still VOTE.

TLDR, they don’t have perspective. People who are taught false narrative in leu of history can’t help but lack perspective.

View PostJoe the Pagan, on 17 June 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

https://i1.wp.com/www.altarandthrone.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/crayons2.jpg

For reals.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users