RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Bail reform poster boy busted before meeting with Obama - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bail reform poster boy busted before meeting with Obama Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:49 AM

Bail reform poster boy busted before meeting with Obama

By Rebecca Rosenberg, Tina Moore and Bruce Golding

December 12, 2018
NY Post
Excerpt:

A darling of the RFK foundation’s bailout effort was set to miss out on meeting former President Obama at its Manhattan gala Wednesday night — because he was busted during a traffic stop hours earlier.

Bail-reform poster child ­Pedro Hernandez, 18, was stopped while driving a BMW in The Bronx at about noon, cops said.

A computer check revealed the car’s plates were stolen and Hernandez’s driver’s license was suspended. He was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and related charges, a law-enforcement source said.

It was at least the teen’s 13th arrest — and the third time he had been stopped for allegedly driving without a license in the past two years.

Hernandez was being held Wednesday night pending arraignment, said his lawyer, Alex Spiro.

That means he would miss the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights organization’s annual Ripple of Hope Gala at the New York Hilton Midtown Wednesday night, where Obama was among the planned honorees and Hernandez was on the guest list, Spiro said.

“It is unfortunate and unfair that over a petty offense Pedro is forced to spend more time behind bars instead of attending the Kennedy event tonight, where he would have had the opportunity to spend time with President Obama,” the lawyer said.

Hernandez became a cause célčbre for critics of the criminal justice system when he refused to accept a no-jail plea bargain in a Bronx shooting on grounds that he was innocent.

He spent more than a year on Rikers Island before the RFK organization posted his $100,000 bail in July 2017.

“Our system is broken,” his lawyer insisted. “It is clear, given the history here, that Pedro is being targeted. And every time, he wins his freedom.”

Bronx District Attorney Darcel Clark dropped all charges in the shooting case against Hernandez in September 2017, saying one witness was no longer cooperating and initial information turned out to be “inconsistent and contradictory.”

In October, the DA’s office also offered to dismiss a second case against him, involving a 2015 armed robbery, on the condition that he enrolls in college in January and completes the semester.

Article

#2 User is offline   LollyMpl 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:29 AM

No, what is unfortunate and unfair is that this kid is such a criminal and is (was) out and about in freedom. Yaknow what....I grew up and was never arrested, never targeted, and never had to miss out on important events....because I kept the laws and wasn't an idiot!

#3 User is offline   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:51 AM

“It is unfortunate and unfair that over a petty offense Pedro is forced to spend more time behind bars instead of attending the Kennedy event tonight, where he would have had the opportunity to spend time with President Obama,” the lawyer said.

Here's an idea Pedro, maybe take a cab instead of driving with a suspended license and a car with stolen plates.

#4 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:13 AM

View PostGertie Keddle, on 13 December 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

“Our system is broken,” his lawyer insisted. “It is clear, given the history here, that Pedro is being targeted. And every time, he wins his freedom.”

A 13-time loser, including such things as "Armed Robbery"??? Yes, he SHOULD be targeted. That's what you call a "career criminal".

People like that should be fearful of so much as farting in public, lest an LEO be following them closely enough to smell it.

#5 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:04 AM

How is the system "broken"? This worthless thug broke our laws again, and the system caught and punished him. The system seems to be working quite well. Regarding the "targeted" claim, does this worthless thug's lawyer think the police should pull over random people without probable cause? Or should the police use their head and focus their limited resources on individuals with a high probability of being guilty? An innocent person like myself doesn't mind being targeted. If the police pull me over and check me out they'll find absolutely nothing. If they see me again in their beat they'll remember I came up clean and they won't waste their time unless they actually see me doing something illegal or give them probable cause. Having a reputation, one way or the other, makes a difference.

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:16 AM

Unfortunate? Unfair? Targeted? Broken system? Blow it out your @$$, punk.

I've been in jail a few times too, but at least I'm not pretending it was "unfair" or a "broken system" or whatever. Nope, it was my own damn fault for doing things I knew perfectly well I shouldn't do. I'm not blaming anybody but myself.

When this worthless punk learns to do the same, maybe he'll finally start to be a little less worthless.

<_<

#7 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:27 AM

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0041/8822/products/pedro.jpg?v=1487269939

#8 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:35 AM

““It is unfortunate and unfair that over a petty offense Pedro is forced to spend more time behind bars instead of attending the Kennedy event tonight, where he would have had the opportunity to spend time with President Obama,” the lawyer said.”

He stole someone’s license plate. How do you justify that? Becuase he had a suspended license and needed to get around? I’d be pissed if that was my plate.

He is proof positive that these mamby pamby leftist feel
Good acts do not change a persons core. This kid is rotten. And will continue to be rotten until he gets the discipline he so richly deserves.

#9 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:45 AM

View Posterp, on 13 December 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

He is proof positive that these mamby pamby leftist feel
Good acts do not change a persons core. This kid is rotten. And will continue to be rotten until he gets the discipline he so richly deserves.

Mamby Pamby? :lol: Check out this GEICO commercial.

#10 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:00 AM

A career criminal (already, at 18) gets handpicked by leftist morons to fawn over Obama and then the leftist morons whine because he going to miss it because he AGAIN broke the law.

Leftism is a mental disorder.

#11 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:13 AM

Yet more typical lefties coddling and championing convicted criminals and giving them undeserved compassion when they actually deserve a ball bat across their skull and a hole in the ground.

These same progtards never give any compassion to the victims of these criminals.

They love the guilty and hate the innocent.

#12 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:32 AM

In October, the DA’s office also offered to dismiss a second case against him, involving a 2015 armed robbery, on the condition that he enrolls in college in January and completes the semester.

This falls into the "Why didn't *I* ever think of this?" category. Rob a bank then, if caught, use some of the proceeds to pay for a semester of college so as to get the charge dismissed.

I guess I was a patsy for paying for college the 'old fashioned' way.

#13 User is offline   tailgunner 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:54 AM

Ahhh how precious. He's begotten another son. Just like the last.

#14 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:10 PM

View PostRock N, on 13 December 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

Yet more typical lefties coddling and championing convicted criminals and giving them undeserved compassion when they actually deserve a ball bat across their skull and a hole in the ground.

These same progtards never give any compassion to the victims of these criminals.

They love the guilty and hate the innocent.

:exactly:

View Posttailgunner, on 13 December 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Ahhh how precious. He's begotten another son. Just like the last.

"If I had a Hispanic son..."

#15 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:19 PM

Everyone mentions the stolen plates, but I haven’t heard anyone asking where he acquired the BMW? I mean, it could be an old beater of a car, but enquiring minds (at least mine) want to know. If he didn’t have a registered vehicle and he stole plates for the car he was driving, did he steal the car also? :scratch: :confused:

#16 User is offline   DJGoody 

• <no title>

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:32 PM

The police acted stupidly...... 13 times. DERP!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users