RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Rabbit Hole, Phoenix, Vampires, Alcoholics Annonymous, Forrest Gump, and Monty Python - RightNation.US

-----
(Just to preface this----no, not suicidal, homicidal, depressed, or any other psychiatric label one would like to throw out there. Just thinking about the meaning of life… ;) Been finding the devil is in the details..... )

“My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." “

What an annoying saying. I think, no BELIEVE, life is more like falling down the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland. Grabbing onto things, dodging pianos, finding said piano stopping inches from your face and play a taunting tune as if to say,”I was never really going to hit you! Just wanted you to think I was!”, bouncing off beds, pulling on vines, and down and down and down past the chandeliers, the lights, the sofa---when is the fall going to stop???? When you do stop, it’s not a soft landing. The skirt billowing out was just to make you believe that landing would be soft and you’d be safe. Just like the taunting piano threatening to squish you but really just laughing. No, you find yourself upside down wondering how you got there. Completely confused. And then the “THUD!” Confusion sets in and you wonder how you got there and where to go once you pick yourself up to start walking again. Everything is strange and new.

Maybe it’s just because I am wandering through the LSD mind trip of Lewis Carroll or feel like I’m in a Picaso painting that I’m going to jump to another dark and twisty movie. Forget Gump and his pretty floating goose (whatever bird) feather or his simple yet deep sayings regarding the meaning of life. Gump wants you to feel good, to think, to offer an explanation that is simple to awful things. Like the stupid chocolates and the fillings inside. No, I’m not buying flowery Gumpette’s.

We are now onto Interview with a Vampire. Just pulling out a few:

Louis: Do you have enough for the story of a life?
Armand: The world changes, we do not, there lies the irony that finally kills us.

“Your body's dying. Pay no attention. It happens to us all. Now look..

...with your vampire eyes.

What did you see?

No words can describe it. Might as well ask Heaven what it sees. No human can know. The statue seemed to move, but didn't. The world had changed,
yet stayed the same. I was a newborn vampire,
weeping at the beauty of the night.”

Ok---so that’s just a tad dark, dreary, depressing, and no---I do not believe I’m a vampire. Take out all the” vampire” parts of it and this is what happens with a major incident in life.

The world had changed yet I stayed the same…….

I am now looking around with newborn eyes. After falling and trying to grab onto things, people, etc or control the details---it’s come down to something very simple. There is nothing in my control.

The naysayers will say,”YOU are in charge of your destiny!” Horse crap. I was at work taking care of people when my house began burning because a bunch of illegals decided to string electricity to a shed and rent it out (allegedly). I was taking my dog to the vet for a knee surgery when the staff decided not to wear gloves or clean him and he died of sepsis from his own crap in his wound. I was following a boyfriend to drop his car off and I was at a complete stop when a drunk driver hit me and sued me. I was told over and over again in the ER I needed to learn more and got the worst of the worst patients----helplessly watching people die and then having to break the news to their families.

Then there’s the “genius” in the AA teachings:
Step Two
“Came to believe that a Power greater than
ourselves could restore us to sanity.”

And this power is where? It’s to restore us to sanity? Paleeez. I realize my destiny is where my drama ends and what I do with it. My “rebirth” so to say. But man, do I believe in reincarnation at this time!! I’m done going through the damn birth canal! Stop already!

Throw all the euphanisms, motivational sayings, quotes, etc and you still have……what? A box of chocolates?

Maybe the mythology of the Phoenix is closer to the whole meaning of life. We’re all beautiful, living our lives, we get set on fire, die, and then rise from the ashes reborn. Only, I wonder how much of the original Phoenix is left in the rebirth process. If this happens to you time and time again, there has to be an element of “you” that leaves each time. How long before this gorgeous bird becomes just the charred shell of the egg it leaves behind? Nothing inside, nothing to re-birth, no newborn eyes to look out from, no newborn ears to hear from, and no newborn hope that all is bright and shiny. All that’s left is a pile of cinders praying the wind will blow it away---somewhere far away. Or the rain water will wash it far away somewhere new. Somewhere cool and refreshing where you don’t have to breath in twice with the same breath to feel as if you are breathing at all. Somewhere where you won’t be scorched again. Somewhere where you aren’t left pining through the ashes wondering what the meaning is in all this. Somewhere where you don’t have to wonder what your purpose in life is supposed to be besides going through immolation every few months.

So—is it over the rainbow, now? Where troubles melt like lemon drops way above the chimney tops…..crap. Another fire reference. Let’s knock out climbing the rainbow in the meaning of life.

I think this sums it up. (From the Meaning of Life---Monty Python)

“[the End Of The Film]
Lady Presenter: Well, that's the end of the film. Now, here's the meaning of life.
[Receives an envelope]
Lady Presenter: Thank you, Brigitte.
[Opens envelope, reads what's inside]
Lady Presenter: M-hmm. Well, it's nothing very special. Uh, try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations. And, finally, here are some completely gratuitous pictures of penises to annoy the censors and to hopefully spark some sort of controversy, which, it seems, is the only way, these days, to get the jaded, video-sated public off their f--- arses and back in the sodding cinema. Family entertainment? Bollocks. What they want is filth: people doing things to each other with chainsaws during tupperware parties, babysitters being stabbed with knitting needles by gay presidential candidates, vigilante groups strangling chickens, armed bands of theatre critics exterminating mutant goats. Where's the fun in pictures? Oh, well, there we are. Here's the theme music. Goodnight. “
Link

Merry Christmas!!!!! ;) No, seriously, I mean it…… The meaning of life always ends with Monty Python movies. B)

5 Comments On This Entry

Merry Christmas, Ann! Yes, seriously! I have a pile of 'presents' waiting for you whenever you get your own place.

The meaning of life? That's easy. It's love. Yup, trite but true. YOU are loved and you love in return. Your parents, your sisters, your nieces & nephews, your friends, your neighbors, the patients who still remember the care you gave them, the families who remember the kind nurse who gave them the worst news of their lives, your pets, GOD...

The Bible says that Adam and Eve chose to sin. They lived the most amazing life, yet they only wanted the one thing that they were not allowed to have. Whether literal truth or allegory, the story shows that we, mankind, chose sin. I get that. I would have picked and eaten the damn apple too, maybe even knowing what it would bring. I just wouldn't have been able to help myself. We, humanity, brought sin into the world, and all of the bad that happens is a result of that choice---the choice belongs to mankind and the evil indiscriminately hits humanity as a whole. But, God stills loves us, more than we can possibly comprehend. He came to this earth as an innocent, vulnerable baby, trusted in the love of Mary and Joseph to raise him, and knew that he would find men and women on this earth who would choose to follow him. He chose to suffer mockery, horrific torture, and an extraordinarily painful death for the love of us. For the love of YOU. Christ died for us all, but he would have died just for you. Or me.

I know that I've probably told you this story before, but, what the heck, I feel like it's worth telling again. My favorite monk/priest (on TV) tells the story of a priest (maybe him?) who was trying to comfort a woman whose only child had been murdered. In face of a loss so great, this priest had no words. So the woman comforted him. She said that she had heard that if we could see all of the crosses carried by every person in the world placed in a giant pile, we would look at the pile and choose our own. Nobody has a perfect life. The brightest smile can hide the worst pain. We all carry crosses, and we all fall sometimes when they become too heavy. Even in the carrying of His cross, Jesus teaches us. He fell three times carrying His own cross and needed help to carry it. When our crosses are too heavy, we need to let others help us carry our burdens. When things are the worst, we need to pray the most, and, when we pray, we must remember that sometimes the answer is no and that what we want or think that we need is not really what we do need. I've had the best results from prayers those times in my life when I was so rock-bottom that all I could do is surrender to God and tell him truly "Thy will, not mine. Please, Jesus, carry me because I cannot do this alone."

Lean on the people that love you---they want to help. Pray, even if your faith is tinier than a speck of sand. And just keep on loving and accepting the love that God and your loves ones want to give you. Know that God didn't just set you adrift in a world of pain without the right of amount of inner strength and the right people to help you get through it all. He made you tough enough to handle it, but, on those days when it is all just too much, ask Him to carry you.
WHITE RABBIT -- Jefferson Airplane
One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice
When she was just small

When men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said:
"Feed your head
Feed your head
Feed your head"
Ex :hug: I know that and I can't wait to get my can opener!!!! Been telling everyone that story!!! It was written tongue in cheek. I do appreciate everyone around me. It's just sometimes, it seems like the rabbit hole! :rofl: And yea, those crosses get heavy but I know and believe in God and Christ. I just feel like I'm on one big trip.

Yea, LCRW---I don't think drugs would be a good idea. :lol: I love that song though!
You know where I am on this, Alice....

"You're so happy - I'm so happy for you - you DESERVE it!!" If I had a dollar for every time I heard that earlier this year, I'd have Christmas paid for.

So, what does it mean when the ground gets yanked out from under you and you find yourself falling down that hole, random signs and symbols flashing before your eyes - signals from the universe you're supposed to try and make some sense of? How do you interpret it all? What can your friends say to you? "You're so miserable - I'm so unhappy for you - you DON'T DESERVE it!" ??

Do we only "deserve" the good? Do we never "deserve" the bad? Or do we have to figure out a way to wrap our brains around the notion that life isn't a series of well-deserved rewards and punishments?

At this point, I believe the meaning of life is simply LIVING it. Finding it in yourself to enjoy and truly appreciate every last drop of happiness that flows your way, and -- the true challenge -- finding a way to hang on for dear life when the tumble down the hole seems endless and the dementors draw near and try to drain every bit of your peace, hope and happiness out of you. Because if you are able to hang on, eventually, you find a way to claw your way back out of it, and find some of that peace, hope and happiness again. And those times, rare as they may be, ARE worth living for.

:rofl:
Jax--I love the "deserve" flip on things.

I think living it is fair. I just don't think the rollercoaster is a fun ride. You get a bit dizzy and queasy after a while. But, when the good is there, it's really good.

:rofl:
Page 1 of 1

Be Yourself. Everyone is already taken.

http://img.photobuck.../Dsc00535-1.jpgI know when the Spirit of God is there, animals are the first ones to mellow out."If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935"The poor dog, in life the firmest friend,The first to welcome, foremost to defend,Whose honest heart is still the master's own,Who labours, fights, lives, breathes for him alone,Unhonour'd falls, unnoticed all his worth,Denied in heaven the soul he held on earth,While man, vain insect hopes to be forgiven,And claims himself a sole exclusive heaven."Lord Byron Inscription on the monument of his Newfoundland dog, 1808" He is your friend, your partner,your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He willbe yours, faithful and true, to the last beatof his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy ofsuch devotion." Unknown

The Nauseatingly Cute Section

Links

Help Support Rightnation.US!Click HERE!Visit our store!Click HERE to shop!

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays