RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: God Gave Me a Gift of Happiness Tonight - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

God Gave Me a Gift of Happiness Tonight Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

With all of the slings and arrows being thrown at President Trump recently, I have been worried sick for him and his dreams of making America great again.

I know it's just a saying but I do believe he has this vision of wanting to make a difference, especially considering that he is 70 years old and has pretty much reached all of his other goals.

I know he had no idea how different politics is than the real world and that he is being taught pretty quickly how swampy D.C. really is, more so than he even thought. I also know he's a fast learner and I expect him to learn the hard way like the rest of us but quickly make the necessary changes to his thought process and his advisers.

I was sickened today when I heard on the news that it had been the goal of Obama and his buddies to bring General Flynn down because of how hard he was on the Obama administration.

Plus watching on the news, which I've been addicted to now that we have a Republican in the White House and a non-establishment guy to boot, has really been making me way too angry.

So I've been praying like crazy for him and his advisers and America. I've also prayed for him to be humbled, which is part of what I think will be the good to come out of all of this.

Honestly, the bottom line is that I am concerned about America and our way of life. I love this country and I love our people, the normal everyday, hard-working, blue-collar, military serving, front-line emergency workers, moms, dads, families, those who love American citizens. And I want us to be able to live our lives as we see fit, worshiping God and raising our families like we want without the government forcing us into accepting things that go against what we know in our hearts to be right.

No I don't expect everyone to think the same way. But I'm tired of being told I"m a bigot, phobic and everything else because of what I believe. I'm tired of having to pretend at work in order to keep my job that I am a Social Justice warrior and that I believe that if I don't give money to Al Gore I'm anti-science.

Anyway, all of that to say, that I was praying and praying for God to help Trump, his advisers, our country and He told me not to worry. He said that He is going to work everything out. And I mean, I really believed Him.

I know that I already knew this but I forget so easily way too often even though I've read the end of the Book.

Sometimes I just have to turn off Fox News and watch a little bit of Fixer Upper to bring me back to reality and what is really important to me in my everyday life.

God is so good and I have been so blessed. I just spent the evening with my grandchildren who are amazing and my son and his wife who are fantastic parents. Then I came home and love my home and the things that I have been doing in my downtime.

This feeling of mine that everything is going to be okay was so wonderful that I just thought I had to share it with my friends at RN.

This post has been edited by ilja: 15 February 2017 - 07:14 AM

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:10 AM

:hug:

(And for the record, my girlfriend watches "Fixer Upper" too.)

:yes:

#3 User is offline   AnnieGotHerGun 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:25 AM

Yes!
With all that's going on out there, I truly believe God is in control and He has given us another chance to right this country back to Him. It's up to us, and to this new administration who loves this country and who wants to see the wrongs righted. So we pray - for them, for us. And sometimes we turn off the tube, gather with those we love and make us happy, enjoy our blessings and the environment we have created. And then turn on Fixer Upper...

#4 User is online   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:10 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 February 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

:hug:

(And for the record, my girlfriend watches "Fixer Upper" too.)

:yes:

Cool! I knew your girlfriend had to be all right. :D

#5 User is online   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:12 AM

View PostAnnieGotHerGun, on 15 February 2017 - 12:25 AM, said:

Yes!
With all that's going on out there, I truly believe God is in control and He has given us another chance to right this country back to Him. It's up to us, and to this new administration who loves this country and who wants to see the wrongs righted. So we pray - for them, for us. And sometimes we turn off the tube, gather with those we love and make us happy, enjoy our blessings and the environment we have created. And then turn on Fixer Upper...

Yeah, I've had to turn off the tube more and more often lately. I want to know what's happening but then I need a break from all of the whining and the sky is falling proclamations.

And then turn on Fixer Upper...:lol:

#6 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

View Postilja, on 15 February 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

Yeah, I've had to turn off the tube more and more often lately. I want to know what's happening but then I need a break from all of the whining and the sky is falling proclamations.

Unplugging from the insanity of the leftard world is sometimes the only thing that you can do to preserve your sanity and the ability to center your soul...

#7 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:41 AM

View Postilja, on 15 February 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

I am with you Ilja. I just can't understand all the wailing and gnashing of teeth. I am sickened by the hate and the violence being portrayed and perpetrated. I did not like Obama's policies, but I never hated him and would never have committed violence against his supporters.

I am trying to remember to pray more for him and all or our leaders. God has it in hand. There is a line from a song on Christian Radio called "Thy will be done" that goes, "Some times I need to stop and remember that you are God...and that I am not."

BTW, love Fixer Upper. I want to move to Waco just so they can do a house for me!

#8 User is offline   lyria 

• Account not in use
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:47 AM

Even though I am pretty much exactly opposite opinion re: Pres. Trump, I do understand the need to unplug from the news. It isn't good for us - mentally or spiritually - to be perpetually angry. I think it is important to stay abreast of the news, generally speaking, but that doesn't mean you have to be perpetually plugged in. Pull back and watch some Fixer Upper.

There's a reason I'm such a fan of video games, novels, and tv shows with complicated plots: it's pure escapism. Sometimes you just need to mentally escape. It gives you a chance to put your priorities right and focus on the life in front of you.

This post has been edited by lyria: 15 February 2017 - 08:51 AM

#9 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:39 PM

View Postilja, on 14 February 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

Sometimes I just have to turn off Fox News and watch a little bit of Fixer Upper to bring me back to reality and what is really important to me in my everyday life.

God is so good and I have been so blessed. I just spent the evening with my grandchildren who are amazing and my son and his wife who are fantastic parents. Then I came home and love my home and the things that I have been doing in my downtime.

This feeling of mine that everything is going to be okay was so wonderful that I just thought I had to share it with my friends at RN.

I am feeling the same way. One of my kids is going to give himself a heart attack, he's so frustrated with the US and all the tricksy things progressives are doing.

I keep telling him, "God is over all." and "It will all work out."

I believe this.
(It helps me too, ilja.)

#10 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

P.S.
I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes, "a fanatic is a man who does what he thinks the Lord would do--if He had all the facts."

or something like that.

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 15 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

#11 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:16 PM

Some of the Founding Fathers believed that God(s) they worshiped did not take action in individual lives. He would take action in large things. Such as letting a rag-tag army win against the mightiest military on the face of the Earth. Then help a small group of men build a nation.

I wrote God(s) because of the following letter from President John Adams.

Having a Leisure Moment, while the Congress is assembling, I gladly embrace it to write you a Line.
When the Congress first met, Mr. Cushing made a Motion, that it should be opened with Prayer. It was opposed by Mr. Jay of N. York and Mr. Rutledge of South Carolina, because we were so divided in religious Sentiments, some Episcopalians, some Quakers, some Aanabaptists, some Presbyterians and some Congregationalists, so that We could not join in the same Act of Worship.-Mr. S. Adams arose and said he was no Bigot, and could hear a Prayer from a Gentleman of Piety and Virtue, who was at the same Time a Friend to his Country.

https://www.masshist...s_1774_1777.php

#12 User is online   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:27 PM

Thanks everyone for your remarks. I'm going to have to go back to this thread every now and then just to remind myself not to let it all get to me. Glad to know I'm not alone. Of course I haven't been ever since July 20th, 2003. I think that's how you read that date. I'm so spoiled with MM/DD/YYYY.

#13 User is offline   lm1259604 

• Group: Registered Guest

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:53 PM

No ilja ,You are not alone,Many of us having same positive hopes for our country.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users