RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Do YOU care how politicans became millionaires - RightNation.US

Do YOU care how politicans became millionaires Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:08 AM

There is a lot of talk in the news about President Trump enriching himself by using the office of the Presidency to steer business to his hotels. That definitely needs to be discussed and there is a thread to talk about that.........but what about how the democrats running for President (in 2016 or 2020) made their wealth. How did Bill and Hillary Clinton amass their wealth? How did Barack Obama earn enough money to buy a $15 million seaside home? How did Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren become millionaires while serving in public office all their life?

Do democrats have a problem with career politicians in THEIR party using their positions of power to personally enrich themselves.....or is it only Donald Trump that you care about?

#2 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:16 AM

If someone wants to pay a kings ransom for the former first ladyís (or others) memoirs, I couldnít care less. The same goes for speaking fees after they have left office.

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:24 AM

View PostLadybird, on 18 October 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

If someone wants to pay a kings ransom for the former first ladyís (or others) memoirs, I couldnít care less. The same goes for speaking fees after they have left office.

But the question wasn't about after they left office.

B)

#4 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:39 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 18 October 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

But the question wasn't about after they left office.

B)

Unless itís illegal or unscrupulous, I donít care how someone came into their good fortune.

Any specific examples?

#5 User is offline   Weaseljd 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:47 AM

View PostLadybird, on 18 October 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

Unless itís illegal or unscrupulous, I donít care how someone came into their good fortune.

Any specific examples?

How about the example that insider trading rules don't apply to members of congress. Members of congress can work on legislation and rules that will impact (positive or negative) industries, even in secret, and are allowed to trade stocks in those same industries. This is a large way these fortunes are made. Members of Congress invest in stocks it thereafter passes laws or regulations that impact their value, making millions, and nothing can be done about this trading on "inside" information not available to the public. Do this as a non-member of congress, you go to jail.

#6 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:52 AM

View PostDutch13, on 18 October 2019 - 10:08 AM, said:

There is a lot of talk in the news about President Trump enriching himself by using the office of the Presidency to steer business to his hotels. That definitely needs to be discussed and there is a thread to talk about that.........but what about how the democrats running for President (in 2016 or 2020) made their wealth. How did Bill and Hillary Clinton amass their wealth? How did Barack Obama earn enough money to buy a $15 million seaside home? How did Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren become millionaires while serving in public office all their life?

Do democrats have a problem with career politicians in THEIR party using their positions of power to personally enrich themselves.....or is it only Donald Trump that you care about?

I doubt Trump is using the office to enrich himself.

YES, the G7 is staying will be hosted at ONE of his 500+ properties next year. So? Seven or so world leaders plus staff staying for a few nights at ONE of 500-some properties? Any "profit" from that won't amount to even a rounding error in the Big Picture of things.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 18 October 2019 - 10:52 AM

#7 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:53 AM

View PostDutch13, on 18 October 2019 - 10:08 AM, said:

So what?

The media will always talk their crap, but can never prove anything and they are frequent liars.

I don't believe much of what they say anymore nor do I care.

Trump is working for FREE. He does not accept his presidential paycheck nor does he personally "steer business" by the government to his hotels. That's just the proggy media talking their shidt as always.

Trump was super rich and did not need to become president to get more money.

Now on the other hand, no account people like Obama and most of our congress critters who did not have much personal wealth before then all of the sudden becoming millionaires AFTER they were elected to office, now I do have a problem with them. They became rich because most of them made all of that money as a direct result of pulling strings/political favors for special interests, taking kickbacks from it and making shidtloads of money from inside trading for things that they were responsible for doing, such as forcing people to have to buy things or services by the very laws that they have passed.

These congress critters always buy or are "gifted" stocks in advance before they then pass laws forcing the people or the government to buy the product/service.

It's illegal as hell for anyone BUT congress critters and certain government officials because they have voted themselves exemptions from it.

Obamacare is the biggest one yet.

These politicians on both sides have received millions in kickbacks from the insurance companies and made a fortune from their stocks.

This is exactly why you don't ever see the establishment GOP trying to undo Obamacare.

They are all on the take in one way or another.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 18 October 2019 - 10:55 AM

#8 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:53 AM

View PostWeaseljd, on 18 October 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

How about the example that insider trading rules don't apply to members of congress. Members of congress can work on legislation and rules that will impact (positive or negative) industries, even in secret, and are allowed to trade stocks in those same industries. This is a large way these fortunes are made. Members of Congress invest in stocks it thereafter passes laws or regulations that impact their value, making millions, and nothing can be done about this trading on "inside" information not available to the public. Do this as a non-member of congress, you go to jail.

They should be barred from trading while in office, since the rules of conduct donít apply. Of course that wouldnít stop them from making millions for their friends and relatives (if they donít get caught).

#9 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:58 AM

If someone wants to pay a kings ransom for the former first lady’s (or others) memoirs, I couldn’t care less. The same goes for speaking fees after they have left office.

Politician's speaking fees (that almost always run into the multiple tens to hundreds of thousands) are just laundered bribe payoffs for past and present political favors.

So are "presidential libraries" and "foundations".

Straight up.

Anyone who believes that they are anything otherwise is a gullible idiot.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 18 October 2019 - 10:59 AM

#10 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:03 AM

I hardly ever agree with you on much, but you got this one right. :2up:

The very fabric of our representatives is rife with corruption and they made it legal for just themselves.

It needs to be stopped, but I don't expect that it ever will.

It's too much of the fox guarding the chicken house.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 18 October 2019 - 11:03 AM

#11 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:05 AM

Do you understand what "speaking fees" are? They are deferred bribes meant to legally isolate the political favor from the bribe. That's how they play the pay-to-play game.

Example?

Hillary Clinton, as Secretary of State, approves the sale of 20% of our uranium production capacity to Russia. Shortly thereafter, a Russian investment bank with ties to the Kremlin paid Bill Clinton $500,000 for a speech in Moscow. The two events are obviously related but legally separate.

#12 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:06 AM

View PostRock N, on 18 October 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

Politician's speaking fees (that almost always run into the multiple tens to hundreds of thousands) are just laundered bribe payoffs for past and present political favors.

Straight up.

Exactly.

I was typing the same thing when you posted this.

#13 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:12 AM

View PostRock N, on 18 October 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

So what?

The media will always talk their crap, but can never prove anything and they are frequent liars.

I don't believe much of what they say anymore nor do I care.

Trump is working for FREE. He does not accept his presidential paycheck nor does he personally "steer business" by the government to his hotels. That's just the proggy media talking their shidt as always.

Trump was super rich and did not need to become president to get more money.

Now on the other hand, no account people like Obama and most of our congress critters who did not have much personal wealth before then all of the sudden becoming millionaires AFTER they were elected to office, now I do have a problem with them. They became rich because most of them made all of that money as a direct result of pulling strings/political favors for special interests, taking kickbacks from it and making shidtloads of money from inside trading for things that they were responsible for doing, such as forcing people to have to buy things or services by the very laws that they have passed.

These congress critters always buy or are "gifted" stocks in advance before they then pass laws forcing the people or the government to buy the product/service.

It's illegal as hell for anyone BUT congress critters and certain government officials because they have voted themselves exemptions from it.

Obamacare is the biggest one yet.

These politicians on both sides have received millions in kickbacks from the insurance companies and made a fortune from their stocks.

This is exactly why you don't ever see the establishment GOP trying to undo Obamacare.

They are all on the take in one way or another.

:clap:

Straight up.

:yes:

#14 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:39 AM

Democrats and their voters don't care about how their folks get elected so why should they care how they become rich? Laws, ethics, and integrity are not part of their equation for office or wealth.

#15 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:56 AM

View PostLadybird, on 18 October 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

Unless it's illegal or unscrupulous, I don't care how someone came into their good fortune.

Any specific examples?

Do you think it is illegal or unscrupulous for a Vice President that is overseeing the United States interests in Ukraine to take his son there at taxpayers expense aboard Air Force 2 and for his son to obtain a multi-million job on a board of directors?

#16 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2019 - 12:27 PM

View PostDutch13, on 18 October 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

Do you think it is illegal or unscrupulous for a Vice President that is overseeing the United States interests in Ukraine to take his son there at taxpayers expense aboard Air Force 2 and for his son to obtain a multi-million job on a board of directors?

Illegal? I have no idea. Unscrupulous? Absolutely. Membership has its privileges.

#17 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:53 PM

What a coincidence!This is my cartoon today on RedState!

https://www.redstate.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Lyin-Joe-Biden-preview-2.jpg
This was the preview post. (I just had to share it because I like the editorial comment Chip Chip is making in the inset.)

https://www.redstate.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Lyin-Joe-Biden-two.jpg

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 18 October 2019 - 03:53 PM

#18 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:09 PM

:lol:

"Morally Bankrupt" indeed!

(And of course, as always I clicked the link too.)

:2up:

#19 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:35 PM

This.

Straight up.

And this.

View PostNatural Selection, on 18 October 2019 - 11:05 AM, said:

Do you understand what "speaking fees" are? They are deferred bribes meant to legally isolate the political favor from the bribe. That's how they play the pay-to-play game.

Example?

Hillary Clinton, as Secretary of State, approves the sale of 20% of our uranium production capacity to Russia. Shortly thereafter, a Russian investment bank with ties to the Kremlin paid Bill Clinton $500,000 for a speech in Moscow. The two events are obviously related but legally separate.

And this.

#20 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:01 PM

As others have already posted, the difference is whether they were millionaires before or during. After is dark gray. There is outright quid pro quo in speaking fees. Then there are book deals which are individuals paying for a first draft rewrite of history, soon to be made into a docudrama.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users