RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: St. Louis Taco Bell employee's anti-Muslim rant caught on camera - RightNation.US

St. Louis Taco Bell employee's anti-Muslim rant caught on camera Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:24 AM

View PostGhostOfAndrewJackson, on 20 May 2019 - 10:02 PM, said:

I will point out if this Muslim would have assimilated into the mainstream fabric of culture, no one would know he was a Muslim. But no, apparently he chose to cling to his culture of failure and wear it like a badge of honor. I have 9 Muslim friends (that I know of), I only know that because it came in a conversation on how to decorate their businesses for Christmas (they do/did the Santa Claus version of Christmas with their children). My point is, they assimilated, and while Muslim, you would never know it until brought into their confidence. I can say the same for my Mormon and Jewish friends.

I bet this guy was on the prod and very apparent, the equivalent of a flamboyant homosexual simply baiting the mainstream culture.

Make sure to tell everyone thank you for coming here, working hard, assimilating and doing all that has been asked of them.
They truly sound like they are like the hard working immigrant who came here with nothing but a desire to work, assimilate and do better and be better. I am also willing to bet they would put a bullet between some little jihadis eyes if the need arose. God bless them, they are not only the embodiment of what an immigrant should be but also what we need much more of.

Oki

#82 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:32 AM

View Postoki, on 21 May 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

And if the sign said no Muslims or no Blacks? Then what? You'd be all over it telling us about how Japan is racist, we shouldn't be doing business with them etc etc etc. My point is the difference in outrage and media coverage. Plus, don't you think Service Members are at least deserving of fair treatment? It's not like they are putting their lives on the line. By the way, no one else has ever been outright banned not before and not since. Funny how none of the MSM, the State Department, or anyone else gave a damn.
This incident was a one off, a one time incident between TWO count em' TWO PEOPLE and it's a big deal.

Oki

What does the racism in Japan (which I am well aware of) have to do with this story? You get miffed any time the media reports news where the victims are Muslims, whether itís a mass killing in a mosque or this little story, which everyone has forgotten about and moved on.

#83 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:41 AM

View PostGhostOfAndrewJackson, on 20 May 2019 - 10:02 PM, said:

I will point out if this Muslim would have assimilated into the mainstream fabric of culture, no one would know he was a Muslim. But no, apparently he chose to cling to his culture of failure and wear it like a badge of honor. I have 9 Muslim friends (that I know of), I only know that because it came in a conversation on how to decorate their businesses for Christmas (they do/did the Santa Claus version of Christmas with their children). My point is, they assimilated, and while Muslim, you would never know it until brought into their confidence. I can say the same for my Mormon and Jewish friends.

I bet this guy was on the prod and very apparent, the equivalent of a flamboyant homosexual simply baiting the mainstream culture.

By mainstream culture you mean Christian?

Americans should not have to hide their religious beliefs if it makes someone else uncomfortable.

#84 User is offline   johnnybravo 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:47 AM

View PostLadybird, on 21 May 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

Americans should not have to hide their religious beliefs if it makes someone else uncomfortable.

Tell that to wedding photographers and cake bakers.

#85 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:15 AM

View PostLadybird, on 21 May 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

What does the racism in Japan (which I am well aware of) have to do with this story? You get miffed any time the media reports news where the victims are Muslims, whether itís a mass killing in a mosque or this little story, which everyone has forgotten about and moved on.

And you can't be honest enough to admit the double standard in the media or yourself.
Wrong is wrong. If it's wrong when it happens to one, then it's even more when it's a large group. AND IT'S WORSE YET WHEN IT'S DONE TO THOSE WHO HAVE PLEDGED AND REQUIRED TO GIVE THEIR LIVES TO UPHOLD OUR WAY OF LIFE AND CONSTITUTION. If anyone they should be the ones to expect fair and equal treatment. If anyone deserves to have our gov stepping in to put a stop to mistreatment it's them.
But nope nope, your happy with a business as usual, didn't happen here, doesn't matter attitude. My point has been it wasn't a story because no one gave a damn due to the fact that it was the Military it affected and not the typical precious darling demographics of the left, MSM and DNC.

G.I.'s typically take it on the chin, don't complain and drive on. Crap like this happens quite often, it isn't reported in large part because the G.I.'s don't say much and because LIKE I SAID the left hates them as does the MSM so they don't make a big story of it. You can't be honest enough to say the reason this IS a story is ONLY because who it affected. Had the employee been a Muslim and the victim a Coptic Christian who was fasting there wouldn't be the outrage. Like I said, if it's wrong one way it's just as wrong the other.

Oki

#86 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:20 AM

View PostJerryL, on 21 May 2019 - 03:27 AM, said:

I think it is evident from this post that RNRRW IS blaming this on the customer and is doing so because he is Muslim. Why? Because of what he HAS NOT seen. He is drawing conclusions based on what he feels was purposefully cut out.

LB is right on this one.

AND, even if he was an ę†uppity Muslim†Ľ, any employee who reacts like that should be fired. Period.

Call a supervisor. Heck, call the police. But if you are in customer service, donít berate the customer.

Yes, I agree. In post #76 RNRRW did all the things he'd been accused of earlier.

Sheesh RNRRW, before post #76 the accusations were false. But now you've rendered LB's point valid.

:hairpull:

#87 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:42 AM

View Postoki, on 21 May 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

And you can't be honest enough to admit the double standard in the media or yourself.
Wrong is wrong. If it's wrong when it happens to one, then it's even more when it's a large group. AND IT'S WORSE YET WHEN IT'S DONE TO THOSE WHO HAVE PLEDGED AND REQUIRED TO GIVE THEIR LIVES TO UPHOLD OUR WAY OF LIFE AND CONSTITUTION. If anyone they should be the ones to expect fair and equal treatment. If anyone deserves to have our gov stepping in to put a stop to mistreatment it's them.
But nope nope, your happy with a business as usual, didn't happen here, doesn't matter attitude. My point has been it wasn't a story because no one gave a damn due to the fact that it was the Military it affected and not the typical precious darling demographics of the left, MSM and DNC.

G.I.'s typically take it on the chin, don't complain and drive on. Crap like this happens quite often, it isn't reported in large part because the G.I.'s don't say much and because LIKE I SAID the left hates them as does the MSM so they don't make a big story of it. You can't be honest enough to say the reason this IS a story is ONLY because who it affected. Had the employee been a Muslim and the victim a Coptic Christian who was fasting there wouldn't be the outrage. Like I said, if it's wrong one way it's just as wrong the other.

Oki

Why donít you write a story about the GIís treatment in Japan then?

#88 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:30 AM

View PostLadybird, on 21 May 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

Why donít you write a story about the GIís treatment in Japan then?

Why aren't you just as outraged by that then? 35,000 young people who have given a blood oath to protect both the people of this nation and Japan to be blatantly discriminated against vs the ACT OF AN INDIVIDUAL AGAINST AN individual.
Why no outrage over the lack of it being a no story? If your all about fairness and equality why does this not bother you?
Also, this greatly affected black mil members as well as some Muslims to. The reason you never heard of this is of coarse because the military didn't make a big deal of it. We said you don't want our patronage? FINE WE WILL GO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND WHEN YOU CAN'T PAY YOUR BILLS AND CLOSE UP YOU'LL LEARN YOUR LESSON. Then again, things sure do change dramatically when it's a multi billion dollar organization. Then magically people seem to be more offended and it's a much bigger story.

Things go both ways, but seems there is only a story when it's one side that is the victim.
https://www.youtube....h?v=2y3FOiXx4Kg

Then again, do we really know the whole story for sure in either event?

Oki

Oki

#89 User is offline   GhostOfAndrewJackson 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:58 PM

View PostLadybird, on 21 May 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

I mean the endemic culture this nation's greatness was predicated upon. I am not a Christian, but this nation is based on judeo-christian beliefs. That is part of the mainstream fabric of the nation.

Teddy Roosevelt said it well, in 1907:

ďIn the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the personís becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American Ö There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isnít an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag Ö We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language Ö and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.Ē

#90 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:16 PM

View PostGhostOfAndrewJackson, on 21 May 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

I mean the endemic culture this nation's greatness was predicated upon. I am not a Christian, but this nation is based on judeo-christian beliefs. That is part of the mainstream fabric of the nation.

Teddy Roosevelt said it well, in 1907:

ďIn the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the personís becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American Ö There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isnít an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag Ö We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language Ö and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.Ē

Your objection was anyone making their personal belief system known. I donít see how practicing oneís own faith, which might include wearing an item of clothing, jewelry, or headgear is incompatible with American ideals. This country was founded on the ideals on the freedom to worship whatever way one chooses. Our ancestors escaped religious persecution.

Furthermore, we donít know where the guy i the video was born, not that it should make any difference.

#91 User is offline   GhostOfAndrewJackson 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:56 PM

View PostLadybird, on 21 May 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

Your objection was anyone making their personal belief system known. I don’t see how practicing one’s own faith, which might include wearing an item of clothing, jewelry, or headgear is incompatible with American ideals. This country was founded on the ideals on the freedom to worship whatever way one chooses. Our ancestors escaped religious persecution.

Furthermore, we don’t know where the guy i the video was born, not that it should make any difference.

That was not my objection. in fact I had no objection. If you want to do something out of the mainstream you should expect there may or may not be a backlash. This is an analogous to my comments on illegal aliens in another thread; I knew I would face a backlash as my view is in the minority in the bend over and take it mood in the United States today, so be it. I posted my comment and bear the slings and arrows of other's disapproval.

By the way, you are slightly mistaken in your understanding of this nations founding. If you look at some of the first settlement, people were pushed out and founded their own settlements when they chose to worship in a manner inconsistent with the prevailing manner. The idea was you can worship god in your way and I will worship god in his way, only you will do your worship over there and I will do my worship here.

My first known relatives came over in 1620. The were a very religious people and as they grew they founded different religious traditions and founded different communities as they were encouraged/forced to found a new community when they diverged from the mainstream religious practice.

This post has been edited by GhostOfAndrewJackson: 21 May 2019 - 03:01 PM

#92 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:04 PM

View PostLadybird, on 21 May 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

Your objection was anyone making their personal belief system known. I donít see how practicing oneís own faith, which might include wearing an item of clothing, jewelry, or headgear is incompatible with American ideals. This country was founded on the ideals on the freedom to worship whatever way one chooses. Our ancestors escaped religious persecution.

Furthermore, we donít know where the guy i the video was born, not that it should make any difference.

When it causes an individual or even group to act in a manner that they do not see themselves as American or British or German or any other nation but first and foremost as where they came from that's a huge sign that they neither desire to assimilate or be anything other than where the came from. Get enough of this and you no longer have a nation or culture, instead you have individual groups who do nothing more than form there own sub cultures and sub societies. Over time making and following their own rules, norms and beliefs. And, if you question this or call it out for the danger it is you are labeled and ridiculed.

There is plenty room for all beliefs and all cultures, BUT, at the same time you must be willing to at least meet half way in regards to assimilation and even changing yourself to a point. An unwillingness to do this not only sets you up for failure as it prevents you from fully integrating into society, it breeds distrust, animosity and worse. Doesn't mean giving up who you are or what you believe in, it means meeting somewhere in the middle.

Examples of an unwillingness to adapt preventing people from fully integrating or achieving more?

Ariens (Brillion Wisconsin) workers of a certain persuasion who insisted on walking of the assembly line to go pray during non break times. Tell me what kind of self supporting job this would enable a person to get if they are stopping work during non break times to go pray?

How about ladies of a certain persuasion who insist on wearing long loose clothing? Would you hire someone like that to work in any type of factory setting? How about a garage? Pretty much any occupation where loose clothing is a no no is of limits at this point.
Is it better for someone to be dependent on welfare to take care of themselves or family when a decent paying job is available but they cannot take it because their beliefs prevent them from doing the job? Who pays in the end?

The person stays poor and dependent on the tax payer, does not advance and does not become what they are truly capable of.
All because they refuse to bend or adapt a little.

And yes, you can make the same case for other peoples as well. Whose refusal to assimilate or bend a little prevents them from fully integrating or even advancing.

Oki

#93 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:07 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 21 May 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

Yes, I agree. In post #76 RNRRW did all the things he'd been accused of earlier.

Sheesh RNRRW, before post #76 the accusations were false. But now you've rendered LB's point valid.

:hairpull:

No I most certainly did not.

JerryL and you both ignored the fact that I had stated that his uppity arrogant behavior AFTER THE FACT with his stupid demands is a likely indicator of his conduct before the fact.

Leave it to you both to read and spin more into what I had actually said and missed the OBVIOUS point that was clearly made.

#94 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:18 PM

View PostRock N, on 21 May 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

No I most certainly did not.

JerryL and you both ignored the fact that I had stated that his uppity arrogant behavior AFTER THE FACT with his stupid demands is a likely indicator of his conduct before the fact.

Leave it to you both to read and spin more into what I had actually said and missed the OBVIOUS point that was clearly made.

:scratch:

Did you miss all the posts where I defended you? Why on earth would I "spin" anything to besmirch somebody I was trying to defend?

:wacko:

#95 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:24 PM

View Postoki, on 21 May 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

When it causes an individual or even group to act in a manner that they do not see themselves as American or British or German or any other nation but first and foremost as where they came from that's a huge sign that they neither desire to assimilate or be anything other than where the came from. Get enough of this and you no longer have a nation or culture, instead you have individual groups who do nothing more than form there own sub cultures and sub societies. Over time making and following their own rules, norms and beliefs. And, if you question this or call it out for the danger it is you are labeled and ridiculed.

There is plenty room for all beliefs and all cultures, BUT, at the same time you must be willing to at least meet half way in regards to assimilation and even changing yourself to a point. An unwillingness to do this not only sets you up for failure as it prevents you from fully integrating into society, it breeds distrust, animosity and worse. Doesn't mean giving up who you are or what you believe in, it means meeting somewhere in the middle.

Examples of an unwillingness to adapt preventing people from fully integrating or achieving more?

Ariens (Brillion Wisconsin) workers of a certain persuasion who insisted on walking of the assembly line to go pray during non break times. Tell me what kind of self supporting job this would enable a person to get if they are stopping work during non break times to go pray?

How about ladies of a certain persuasion who insist on wearing long loose clothing? Would you hire someone like that to work in any type of factory setting? How about a garage? Pretty much any occupation where loose clothing is a no no is of limits at this point.
Is it better for someone to be dependent on welfare to take care of themselves or family when a decent paying job is available but they cannot take it because their beliefs prevent them from doing the job? Who pays in the end?

The person stays poor and dependent on the tax payer, does not advance and does not become what they are truly capable of.
All because they refuse to bend or adapt a little.

And yes, you can make the same case for other peoples as well. Whose refusal to assimilate or bend a little prevents them from fully integrating or even advancing.

Oki

Obviously a long flowing outfit canít be worn around machinery with moving parts. There are other jobs besides factories and garages. Besides, not every Muslim woman wears hiljabs, even in Muslim countires.. As for allowing time to pray, thatís up to the employer. If the boss wants to allow time for prayer because she values what the employee offers, whatís it to you?

#96 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:54 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 21 May 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

:scratch:

Did you miss all the posts where I defended you? Why on earth would I "spin" anything to besmirch somebody I was trying to defend?

:wacko:

Because you have joined the Muslims, the progtards, the hospitals and the Jews to get him...

#97 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:11 PM

View PostLadybird, on 21 May 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

Obviously a long flowing outfit canít be worn around machinery with moving parts. There are other jobs besides factories and garages. Besides, not every Muslim woman wears hiljabs, even in Muslim countires.. As for allowing time to pray, thatís up to the employer. If the boss wants to allow time for prayer because she values what the employee offers, whatís it to you?

I am talking about peoples cultural practices preventing them from both assimilating as well as being able to either hold or obtain a decent paying job. That leads to people being more dependent on Government, more apt to to stay in their comfort zone, AKA their own little community/group and seeing anyone not 'like them' as a threat. When your an immigrant and lacking much if any skills your already at a huge disadvantage to begin with, throw in having to take a lower paying job due to your beliefs and it only makes it worse. Then, on top of that your cultural beliefs are so different that you cannot even dress like everyone else and it only makes it worse on top of that.

By the way, Green Bay has a number of Somali peoples. I see this day in and day out where the ladies job opportunities are extremely limited because of cultural and religious beleifs. And, the men's are limited as well due to religious beliefs as well. You have stated you work in I.T. Imagine if your beliefs required you to pray five times a day, said you cannot be out of the house without a mail relative. Could you still work in I.T.? Would you be able to have a job that pays as well or better?

While many people do bend some, assimilate and are able to take care of themselves many care more about maintaining their cultural identity first and foremost than assimilating and supporting themselves. To them acting as much as possible like they did back home is the #1 priority. I have lived abroad I had to make adjustments. It was my choice to be there and I adjusted accordingly. IE no matter how hot it gets it's rude to take your shirt off(also a bad idea because the Okinawan sun will cook you like a shrimp on a barbie), IE if your used to being bumped into or bumping into people and not saying anything you best change that mentality and at least learn the words Gomen Nasai(means sorry) or Sumimasen(means excuse me). IE if you are a Christian December 25th isn't a paid Holiday, you'll have to ask it off if it means that much to you and not b$tch if you can't get it off.

It's called adapting and assimilating, don't want to? Well, flights are cheap. When you decide to live in another nation it's not up to them to change to your liking, it's up to you to at least half way in the middle.

Oki

#98 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:04 PM

View Postoki, on 21 May 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

I am talking about peoples cultural practices preventing them from both assimilating as well as being able to either hold or obtain a decent paying job. That leads to people being more dependent on Government, more apt to to stay in their comfort zone, AKA their own little community/group and seeing anyone not 'like them' as a threat. When your an immigrant and lacking much if any skills your already at a huge disadvantage to begin with, throw in having to take a lower paying job due to your beliefs and it only makes it worse. Then, on top of that your cultural beliefs are so different that you cannot even dress like everyone else and it only makes it worse on top of that.

By the way, Green Bay has a number of Somali peoples. I see this day in and day out where the ladies job opportunities are extremely limited because of cultural and religious beleifs. And, the men's are limited as well due to religious beliefs as well. You have stated you work in I.T. Imagine if your beliefs required you to pray five times a day, said you cannot be out of the house without a mail relative. Could you still work in I.T.? Would you be able to have a job that pays as well or better?

While many people do bend some, assimilate and are able to take care of themselves many care more about maintaining their cultural identity first and foremost than assimilating and supporting themselves. To them acting as much as possible like they did back home is the #1 priority. I have lived abroad I had to make adjustments. It was my choice to be there and I adjusted accordingly. IE no matter how hot it gets it's rude to take your shirt off(also a bad idea because the Okinawan sun will cook you like a shrimp on a barbie), IE if your used to being bumped into or bumping into people and not saying anything you best change that mentality and at least learn the words Gomen Nasai(means sorry) or Sumimasen(means excuse me). IE if you are a Christian December 25th isn't a paid Holiday, you'll have to ask it off if it means that much to you and not b$tch if you can't get it off.

It's called adapting and assimilating, don't want to? Well, flights are cheap. When you decide to live in another nation it's not up to them to change to your liking, it's up to you to at least half way in the middle.

Oki

When I visited the IBM facilities in Rochester, MN, I saw many Somali's working there (men mostly). At the time I had no idea they were war refugees.

Someone who was banned brought up the fact that Muslims are doctors, nurses, scientist's, IT managers, and business owners that manage to do it without abandoning their religion. Those women in long flowing robes could be school teachers or housewives, for all you know. Praying is an obligation of their religion (and many others). so they're not going to stop and should not have to. If you're uncomfortable seeing someone praying, that is not their problem. Since I used to commute to work, I was used to seeing people bending in prayer all the time. As long as it's done quietly, so what?

#99 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:28 PM

View PostLadybird, on 21 May 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

When I visited the IBM facilities in Rochester, MN, I saw many Somali's working there (men mostly). At the time I had no idea they were war refugees.

Someone who was banned brought up the fact that Muslims are doctors, nurses, scientist's, IT managers, and business owners that manage to do it without abandoning their religion. Those women in long flowing robes could be school teachers or housewives, for all you know. Praying is an obligation of their religion (and many others). so they're not going to stop and should not have to. If you're uncomfortable seeing someone praying, that is not their problem. Since I used to commute to work, I was used to seeing people bending in prayer all the time. As long as it's done quietly, so what?

I asked if YOU COULD DO YOUR JOB under X conditions. I am not talking about Muslims are this or Muslims are that. By the way I SERVED WITH A NUMBER OF MUSLIMS!!! I trust not just my life, but even my loved ones lives to them. Not because of their faith one way or the other, but because there was no question in my mind to what they believed in their hearts and their minds. And... wait for it, THEY LIVED,SERVED AND BY IN LARGE ACTED LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. If they didn't or refused to they would not have been able to at least serve effectively. You know, like having to stop all actions and pray five times a day, wear a burqa or hijab, not be out in public without a mail relative etc etc etc etc. Obviously not all Muslims practice this, BUT AGAIN FOR THOSE WHO DO HOW CAN THEY PERFORM AND NUMBER OF JOBS? Including, IT. If you had to break away numerous times a day when you had to be at your desk how could you do your job? If your faith did not allow you to be out without a mail relative how could you even work in the first place?

Ever stopped to think these types of beliefs may very well be at the center why those nations and cultures have not advanced or achieved the same standard of living as western countries? Hell, if we are to believe that the first humans appeared in Asia or Africa then migrated outwards these parts of the globe should be MORE ADVANCED as modern man has been there far longer then Europe, North and South America, or Eastern Asia. I work in I.T. as well, I know for sure I could not do my job if I had to leave and go pray numerous times a day. As I work in a Central Office as in phone office my lunch is typically at my desk and I am literally available the entire shift. I have to be as do my co workers. Plus much of the equipment we work with and work we do loose clothing is a no no. So yes, certain religious practices would hands down prevent people from doing my type of work.

Oki

#100 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:17 PM

Oki, it has bugged me for a long time that you work in Information Technology yet type "know" for "now" among other errors. Though I defer to Geoffrey Chaucer and the Canterbury Tales on the rules of scription.

I have the same observation of Muslims where I work. They don't roll out prayer rugs and bow to Mecca in the workplace. They pray together at break stations, lunch tables, and hand-holding circles in the stairwell. That is, they are adjusting, adapting, adopting, and assimilating to our culture. Which is a nightmare to the perpetually offended.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users