RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Nathan Phillips, Nick Sandmann encounter: a viral video shows a differ - RightNation.US

Jump to content

Nathan Phillips, Nick Sandmann encounter: a viral video shows a differ Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

  • Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 27,906
  • Joined: 01-April 03

  Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:25 AM

Nathan Phillips, Nick Sandmann encounter: a viral video shows a different side

CNN - By Emanuella Grinberg - link

<excerpted>

A video that shows white high school students in Make America Great Again hats and shirts mocking a Native American elder shocked the country, leading to widespread denunciations of the teens' behavior.



It was a moment in a bigger story that is still unfolding.

A new video that surfaced Sunday shows what happened before and after the encounter Friday in front of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington.

In the new video, another group taunts the students from Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky with disparaging and vulgar language. The group of black men, who identify as members of the Hebrew Israelites, also shout racist slurs at participants of the Indigenous Peoples Rally and other passersby.

The new video adds context to an encounter viewed by many as the latest sign of bigotry infecting the country. Screenshots of a smirking teen staring down Omaha tribe elder Nathan Phillips spread through the internet, sparking widespread outrage.

But a teen who says he was involved in the encounter said the students' actions have been wrongly interpreted as racist. In a statement, Nick Sandmann said the students decided to raise their voices to drown out the Hebrew Israelites' inflammatory comments -- not to intimidate or mock Phillips. Phillips has said the teen blocked his escape.
*snip*
*******************************

They're trying to repackage this turd sandwich to appear to be after the truth.

However, they are still saying that Phillips was not an aggressor toward the teens and nobody seems to mind that Phillips zeroed in on the teens in the MAGA hats rather than the Hebrew Israelites ( :huh: ) who had been openly accosting his group.

I guess he figured he decided starting something with adults would result in getting his ass handed to him and going after white teens was going to make him a rich man after they open hisGoFundMe pages.
0

#2 User is offline   LeansToTheRight 

  • Dr. Elson Floyd. RIP
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 2,193
  • Joined: 25-October 03

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:36 AM

I’m not sure how the ancestors feel about a tribal elder staring down a teen and intentionally banging his drum inches from the kid’s face. My guess is they would feel this elder has lost his way. Just a hunch.
0

#3 User is online   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 24,477
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:40 AM

You meant to say there is blame to go around, but the MSM decided to just go after the Trump supporters and not tell the whole story? Shocked I tell ya' shocked.

Oki
0

#4 User is online   NH Populist 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 816
  • Joined: 30-April 18

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

View Postoki, on 21 January 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

You meant to say there is blame to go around, but the MSM decided to just go after the Trump supporters and not tell the whole story? Shocked I tell ya' shocked.

Oki

To borrow from an ad on TV by a certain insurance co., "Trump supporters know a thing or two, because we've seen a thing or two". Mainly a mainstream media cherry picking the news to portray Trump supporters as the villains in every situation...

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 21 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

0

#5 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Platinum
  • Posts: 21,431
  • Joined: 12-August 03

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:02 PM

Journalists and Celebs Rush to Delete Tweets Slamming MAGA-Hat Kids
by Pardes Seleh | Jan 21st, 2019, 10:33 am
Mediaite
Excerpt:

You can delete your old tweets, but the internet is forever. At least, that’s what the Screenshot Bot tells us.

Over the past 24 hours, journalists and public figures on Twitter have deleted previous posts slamming a group of MAGA hat-wearing teens for allegedly taunting a Native American vet, after more footage was released disputing the initial story. From CNN’s Jake Tapper to Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams, many on the internet are sharing a fuller explanation of the initial viral story.

Others, however, are very subtly just using the ‘delete’ button.

Recode editor and New York Times contributing op-ed writer Kara Swisher, for instance, deleted one tweet saying she was thinking of “finding every one of these sh!tty kids and giving them a very large piece of my mind,” and other tweets throwing slurs like “Nazi” and “nationalist.” Sinclair chief political correspondent Scott Thurman deleted a tweet alleging students in MAGA hats were “mocking” and “taunting” a Native American in front of the Lincoln Memorial in D.C., asking in a new tweet if the new video changed minds about the kids.

<edit>

Anti-Trump activist Ed Krassenstein deleted a neutral tweet contemplating the intentions of Nick Sandmann, the young MAGA student accused of smirking at a Native American. His brother, Brian Krassenstein, deleted a tweet calling the students “bigoted.” The New Republic‘s Jeet Heer deleted a tweet arguing the MAGA hat-wearing teens were “racist.” CNN’s Bakari Sellers deleted a tweet suggesting the kids should be “punched in the face.”

Hollywood’s Patton Oswalt deleted a tweet linking to another that doxxed the young teens, but left up subsequent retweets maintaining his opinion that they were at fault. CNN’s Ana Navarro deleted a tweet calling out the “A$$wipe” parents of the students for teaching them “bigotry” and “racism.” She tweeted an additional post with the full, unedited video of the teens, maintaining her support for Native American vet Nathan Phillips.

Article

https://static.pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Screen-Shot-2019-01-21-at-11.40.12-AM.png

This post has been edited by Gertie Keddle: 21 January 2019 - 01:04 PM

0

#6 User is offline   usapatriot 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 257
  • Joined: 16-August 17

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:14 PM

This isn't the first time the liar "Mr. Phillips" falsely claimed to be a victim of racism (last one was in 2015). With the unedited video now available, it clearly shows Phillips to instigate the entire "fake news" episode. EVERYTHING Phillips has said about this fake incident are all LIES when you look at the unedited video. The worst thing about this whole episode is the Covington Catholic website denounced their kids actions, apologized to this POS liar, and said punishment including possibly expulsion from their school will occur. I just sent them an email stating I hope these kids sue them for every penny for defamation and close the school because they obviously aren't an advocate for these kids. What they should have said (if anything) was we will look into the matter. Instead they threw the kids under the bus. As a student, I definitely wouldn't feel safe in that school. This is just another example sadly why you can't trust any school with your kids which is why I home school mine.
0

#7 User is online   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 24,477
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:16 PM

View PostNH Populist, on 21 January 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

To borrow from an ad on TV by a certain insurance co., "Trump supporters know a thing or two, because we've seen a thing or two". Mainly a mainstream media cherry picking the news to portray Trump supporters as the villains in every situation...



True words my friend. Truth be damned, what ever it takes to make Orange man and those who support him look bad, so be it.

Oki
0

#8 User is online   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 24,477
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:18 PM

Funny thing really, or should I say ironic...

Wasn't Phillips protesting the border wall? Ironic really, here he is an Indian elder who is protesting a border wall.
I can guarantee you that if his ancestors could have built walls to keep the whites out they would have without a second thought.

Oki
0

#9 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 29,227
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

I hope that these kid's parents lawyer up and sue the ever loving shidt out of everyone who publicly lied, defamed and threatened them over this.

Especially the lamestream media and Hollyweird celebritards like Kathy Griffin.

Nobody in their right mind should ever trust or believe anything that any of the lamestream media (including Fox) says about anything, ever.

Every damned one of them now are liars and frauds and they need to be taken to task and held accountable for their willful/wanton lies, libel, slander and defamation.

And James Woods is da man! :daman:

Maybe he will run for president after Trump is finished with his 8 years?

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 21 January 2019 - 01:39 PM

0

#10 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Platinum
  • Posts: 21,431
  • Joined: 12-August 03

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:11 PM

The MAGA Teenager Who Harassed a Native American Veteran Is Still Unnamed, but We’ve Seen His Face Before

By Ruth Graham
Jan 19, 201911:22 PM
Slate
Excerpt:


A video clip of a white teenager harassing a Native American elder instantly became one of the most viscerally enraging images of an era that has offered no shortage of them.

In the clip, captured during the Indigenous Peoples March in Washington on Friday, an elderly Native American man beats a drum and quietly sings, and a small group of activists and allies can be seen in the crowd behind him. Perhaps 18 inches in front of him, a white teenager in a “Make America Great Again” hat makes eye contact and smirks. A much larger crowd of teenagers—mostly male, mostly white, many wearing MAGA hats—hoots with delight at the wordless confrontation. The encounter was captured from multiple angles and circulated widely on YouTube and social media, generating widespread disgust.

<edit>

But I think the real reason the clip has spread is simpler: It’s the kid’s face. The face of self-satisfaction and certitude, of edginess expressed as cruelty. The face remains almost completely still as his peers hoot in awed delight at his bravado. The face is both punchable and untouchable. Many observers recognized it right away.

One reason that video is cutting so deep today: The smug, fixed, chilly smile. That's not a teenager out of control. It's the familiar gleam of a zealot. Never in the history of this country has that look portended anything but bad news.
— Mark Harris (@MarkHarrisNYC) January 20, 2019

I honestly haven't stopped thinking about that MAGA kid all day - in part because I think so many of us have been on the receiving end of the face he was making: a smug, untouchable, entitled 'f*ck you'.
— Jessica Valenti (@JessicaValenti) January 19, 2019


The face is in this photo of a clutch of white young men crowding around a single black man at a lunch counter sit-in in Virginia in the 1960s, and in many other images of jeering white men from that era. The face is the rows of Wisconsin high school boys flashing Nazi salutes in a prom picture last year. The face is Brett Kavanaugh—then a student at an all-boys Catholic prep school—“drunkenly laughing” as he allegedly held down Christine Blasey Ford. Anyone who knew the popular white boys in high school recognized it: the confident gaze, the eyes twinkling with menace, the smirk. The face of a boy who is not as smart as he thinks he is, but is exactly as powerful. The face that sneers, “What? I’m just standing here,” if you flinch or cry or lash out. The face knows that no matter how you react, it wins.

Article

To be fair, that's pretty much how I feel about David Hogg (absent the gratuitous imaginary Kavanaugh scene) but at least he's actually said something to merit the opinion.
0

#11 User is offline   gravelrash 

  • I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 14,246
  • Joined: 24-June 03

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:44 PM

Just wow. Expect no apologies, plenty of deletions (but no retractions), and changes of the subject but not the guard.
0

#12 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 29,227
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:31 PM

View PostGertie Keddle, on 21 January 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

The MAGA Teenager Who Harassed a Native American Veteran Is Still Unnamed, but We’ve Seen His Face Before

By Ruth Graham
Jan 19, 201911:22 PM
Slate
Excerpt:


A video clip of a white teenager harassing a Native American elder instantly became one of the most viscerally enraging images of an era that has offered no shortage of them.

In the clip, captured during the Indigenous Peoples March in Washington on Friday, an elderly Native American man beats a drum and quietly sings, and a small group of activists and allies can be seen in the crowd behind him. Perhaps 18 inches in front of him, a white teenager in a “Make America Great Again” hat makes eye contact and smirks. A much larger crowd of teenagers—mostly male, mostly white, many wearing MAGA hats—hoots with delight at the wordless confrontation. The encounter was captured from multiple angles and circulated widely on YouTube and social media, generating widespread disgust.

<edit>

But I think the real reason the clip has spread is simpler: It’s the kid’s face. The face of self-satisfaction and certitude, of edginess expressed as cruelty. The face remains almost completely still as his peers hoot in awed delight at his bravado. The face is both punchable and untouchable. Many observers recognized it right away.

One reason that video is cutting so deep today: The smug, fixed, chilly smile. That's not a teenager out of control. It's the familiar gleam of a zealot. Never in the history of this country has that look portended anything but bad news.
— Mark Harris (@MarkHarrisNYC) January 20, 2019

I honestly haven't stopped thinking about that MAGA kid all day - in part because I think so many of us have been on the receiving end of the face he was making: a smug, untouchable, entitled 'f*ck you'.
— Jessica Valenti (@JessicaValenti) January 19, 2019


The face is in this photo of a clutch of white young men crowding around a single black man at a lunch counter sit-in in Virginia in the 1960s, and in many other images of jeering white men from that era. The face is the rows of Wisconsin high school boys flashing Nazi salutes in a prom picture last year. The face is Brett Kavanaugh—then a student at an all-boys Catholic prep school—“drunkenly laughing” as he allegedly held down Christine Blasey Ford. Anyone who knew the popular white boys in high school recognized it: the confident gaze, the eyes twinkling with menace, the smirk. The face of a boy who is not as smart as he thinks he is, but is exactly as powerful. The face that sneers, “What? I’m just standing here,” if you flinch or cry or lash out. The face knows that no matter how you react, it wins.

Article

To be fair, that's pretty much how I feel about David Hogg (absent the gratuitous imaginary Kavanaugh scene) but at least he's actually said something to merit the opinion.

Ruth Graham like most protards is a deluded lying mental case. :nuts:

Whoever Mark Harris and Jessica Valenti are, they are both more punchable because of their snowflake SJW lying.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 21 January 2019 - 06:31 PM

0

#13 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 29,227
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 21 January 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

Just wow. Expect no apologies, plenty of deletions (but no retractions), and changes of the subject but not the guard.

The local libtard/progtard news here is having a field day over this and are still lying their asses off about it even after the evidence of other unaltered unedited videos prove them to be wrong and that they are lying.

John Yarmuth the douchebag democrap from here so far has refused to take back his bullshidt remarks that he's made about these kids.

But representative Tom Massie who is their congressman has praised these kids and so has Rand Paul.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/images/made/images/local/thomas_massie_1_645_598.png
https://www.lifesitenews.com/images/made/images/local/thomas_massie_2_645_856.png

http://www.lifesitenews.com/images/made/images/local/rand_paul_1_645_862.png
http://www.lifesitenews.com/images/made/images/local/rand_paul_2_645_634.png

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 21 January 2019 - 06:43 PM

0

#14 User is offline   gravelrash 

  • I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 14,246
  • Joined: 24-June 03

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:02 PM

Like I said. Though the left has been cold-busted, they are denying the facts and are only interested in doing what's morally right. By "morally right", they mean perfecting cranial-rectal inversion therapy.
0

#15 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

  • I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 6,487
  • Joined: 02-November 03

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:42 PM

When I saw the TV "news" report on the event I figured it was either a false flag or the media was leaving something out.
0

#16 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 29,227
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:49 PM

Pundits Condemning Covington Kids Backtrack After Seeing Fuller Video

The rats are all scurrying for cover.

Even the so called "conservative" National Review who flat out lied about the encounter.
0

#17 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Platinum
  • Posts: 21,431
  • Joined: 12-August 03

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:33 PM


Vulture Writer Who Wished Death on Covington Students Fired From Job at INE Entertainment


INE terminates Erik Abriss over tweets
Jon Levine | January 21, 2019 @ 7:31 AM Last Updated: January 21, 2019 @ 3:33 PM
The Wrap
Excerpt:

Digital company INE Entertainment has fired a journalist who publicly wished for the death of several Covington Catholic High School students and their parents in a pair of tweets over the weekend. Aside from his job as a post-production supervisor at INE, Erik Abriss is a contributor to New York Media’s pop culture site Vulture.

“We were surprised and upset to see the inflammatory and offensive rhetoric used on Erik Abriss’ Twitter account this weekend. He worked with the company in our post-production department and never as a writer,” the company said in a statement to TheWrap on Monday.

“While we appreciated his work, it is clear that he is no longer aligned with our company’s core values of respect and tolerance. Therefore, as of January 21, 2019, we have severed ties with Abriss.”

<edit>

In his tweet on Saturday, Abriss wrote: “I don’t know what it says about me but I’ve truly lost the ability to articulate the hysterical rage, nausea, and heartache this makes me feel. I just want these people to die. Simple as that. Every single one of them. And their parents.”

Article
0

#18 User is online   Censport 

  • @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 16,070
  • Joined: 13-August 03

Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:51 AM


0

#19 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

  • Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 27,906
  • Joined: 01-April 03

Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:51 AM

The true racists are the ones who cannot wait for the full video to be uploaded before they start spewing off their hatred and rhetoric because they are so addicted to finding anything that they can twist to suit their agenda they can't control themselves.

Worse than that is this acceptance of their mealy mouthed excuses without proffering a genuine apology and being allowed to get away with it.

Let's be very honest here. If these kids had been black and their behavior had been presented the way these white kids were, with or without any sort of affiliation caps on their heads, just how loud and long do you think the demands for apologies and reparations would be after the full videos had been put out there for the world to see?
0

#20 User is online   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 24,477
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:30 PM

Per Phillips, he has said he was a Force Recon Marine, there is not and never had been such a thing.
Plus, by the time he was 18 the Marines had all but pulled combat troops from Vietnam.
If this article is correct the last Marine Combat Unit left Vietnam in 1971
https://cloverchroni...ing-to-reports/

Things ain't adding up.

Oki
0

Share this topic:


  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users