Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Tolerance: 2 US Troops Murdered by Afghan Soldier After Koran Burning - RightNation.US

Tolerance: 2 US Troops Murdered by Afghan Soldier After Koran Burning Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Diamond369 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

Tolerance:Two US Troops Murdered by Afghan Soldier After Koran Burning

by Katie Pavlich
Townhall.com

Religion of peace? After three days of violent protests in Afghanistan following the burning of Koran's at a U.S. base, an Afghan soldier has killed two American troops in retaliation. The burning wasn't intentional and an apology was issued by President Obama and the military over the Koran burning incident. Regardless, violence rages on.

Two U.S. troops have been shot to death and four more wounded by an Afghan solider who turned his gun on his allies in apparent anger over the burning of Korans at a U.S. military base in Afghanistan, an Afghan official tells CBS News.

A statement from the International Security Assistance Force - Afghanistan, the international coalition in the country, confirmed that two troops were killed in Eastern Afghanistan on Thursday by "an individual wearing an Afghan National Army uniform."

The apology from Obama:

“I wish to express my deep regret for the reported incident. I extend to you and the Afghan people my sincere apologies,” Obama said in the letter, according to a statement released by Karzai’s office. “The error was inadvertent; I assure you that we will take the appropriate steps to avoid any recurrence, to include holding accountable those responsible.” Full article here

This post has been edited by Diamond369: 23 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

#2 User is offline   TANK RIGGINS 

• <no title>
  • Group: 500+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

F&*k them people. We should have just nuked Kabul after 9/11 and let them rot.

#3 User is online   AnnieGotHerGun 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

Stop with all the apologies. The soldiers who burned the Korans did what they thought was the best course of action, stopping the transfer of information in these so called holy books.
And just how strong of believers are these muslims without their Korans. While I abhor the thought of anyone doing anything to my Bibles, I know that my faith does not rest in it. My faith rests in God. They may take my Bibles, but they can never take my faith in God.
These muslims just want something to riot about, and cause destruction. And now they have murdered two of our own. Start shooting back in self defense & who ever doesn't like it let them go over and try to talk sense into the muslims...
Now the muslims are wanting NATO to bring the soldiers who burned the Korans up on charges. If that happens, I hope there is a huge uproar and the people speak up...in fact, I'll be glad to start the uproar myself.

#4 User is offline   southernsweetie 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

I have an inlaw that will be going back over there April 1st. It will be his second or third tour. He has said they don't like Americans too well and that they will be nice to your face, but have no problem stabbing you in the back. He's afraid he won't come back this time. I think they will use this as an excuse to try to kill our troops. The soldiers did what they thought was right. I think it's a catch 22.

#5 User is online   Mr. E. Monkey 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

Any of you remembering all those Christian extremists rioting and killing people when we found out that the Army burned a few bibles?

Yeah, I don't either. <_<

#6 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

View Postsouthernsweetie, on 23 February 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

I have an inlaw that will be going back over there April 1st. It will be his second or third tour. He has said they don't like Americans too well and that they will be nice to your face, but have no problem stabbing you in the back. He's afraid he won't come back this time. I think they will use this as an excuse to try to kill our troops. The soldiers did what they thought was right. I think it's a catch 22.

I have a nephew over there now. Yes, I am worried. Tank is right, we should have nuked Kabul. Better yet, nuke the whole damned country.

#7 User is offline   De Oppresso Liber 

• With Liberty and Justice for All...

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   southernsweetie 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostUSNRETWIFE, on 23 February 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

I have a nephew over there now. Yes, I am worried. Tank is right, we should have nuked Kabul. Better yet, nuke the whole damned country.

I agree. They will use any excuse to kill us.

#9 User is online   Howsithangin 

• The Dark Lord is not pleased
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostTANK RIGGINS, on 23 February 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

F&*k them people. We should have just nuked Kabul after 9/11 and let them rot.

I've snarked for years that after evacuating the Israelis, start at Algeria and dont stop until you hit India. One big piece of plate glass.

Animals. Freakin' animals.

#10 User is online   Mr. E. Monkey 

• I aim to misbehave.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostDe Oppresso Liber, on 23 February 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   r12driver 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

That whole damn country isn't worth those 2 soldier's lives.

#12 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostMr. E. Monkey, on 23 February 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

Then let Allah sort 'em out.

#13 User is offline   SARGE 

• <no title>

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

View Postr12driver, on 23 February 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

That whole damn country isn't worth those 2 soldier's lives.

No, it's not.

#14 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

What is really disturbing is that our president and other liberals don't hold American lives in higher regard than a terrorists handbook.
How come our flag is just a piece of cloth to liberals to do anything they want to but don't touch a koran oh no?

#15 User is offline   TANK RIGGINS 

• <no title>

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

Worse yet, President Candy@ss just apologized for the Koran burning. I could understand apologizing albeit sarcastically for napalming their terrorist @sses just in retaliation. I amnot for nuking the whole middle east just the countries that have committed acts of terror against us, such as Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran. If we had done that after 9/11 the other pukes over there would have realized we meant business.They only understand force.

This post has been edited by TANK RIGGINS: 23 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

#16 User is offline   Timothy 

• <no title>

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

View Postsatellite66, on 23 February 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

What is really disturbing is that our president and other liberals don't hold American lives in higher regard than a terrorists handbook.
How come our flag is just a piece of cloth to liberals to do anything they want to but don't touch a koran oh no?

You won't find a lot of people that think burning the flag is less offensive than burning the Koran.

Do I personally have a big problem with burning the Koran? No. To do it as a way to offend Muslims is childish in my opinion, and needlessly disrespectful, but that's the extent of my personal objections. It's no different than the bible or any other religious text.

Our commanders/leaders are apologizing because Afghans, rightfully or wrongfully, do see it as a big deal. We are in their country, it is incumbent upon us to respect their social mores when at all practical and not needlessly offend them. If our leaders have to suck it up and apologize profusely over something that isn't a big deal to us but is to them, so be it. Winning the war is more important than the principle of the matter.

I'm in no way saying that some Afghans reacting violently to this isn't #(@&@$ stupid, primitive, or ridiculous, because it is.

This post has been edited by Timothy: 24 February 2012 - 01:58 AM

#17 User is online   AnnieGotHerGun 

• <no title>

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:21 AM

View PostTimothy, on 24 February 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

You won't find a lot of people that think burning the flag is less offensive than burning the Koran.

Do I personally have a big problem with burning the Koran? No. To do it as a way to offend Muslims is childish in my opinion, and needlessly disrespectful, but that's the extent of my personal objections. It's no different than the bible or any other religious text.

Our commanders/leaders are apologizing because Afghans, rightfully or wrongfully, do see it as a big deal. We are in their country, it is incumbent upon us to respect their social mores when at all practical and not needlessly offend them. If our leaders have to suck it up and apologize profusely over something that isn't a big deal to us but is to them, so be it. Winning the war is more important than the principle of the matter.

I'm in no way saying that some Afghans reacting violently to this isn't #(@&@$ stupid, primitive, or ridiculous, because it is.

So tell me - how do these muslims hold these books in such high esteem when they were willing to use them for purposes other than 'religious' intent? They were not regarding them as holy. They were using them to pass on information that could cause further harm to our troops and their mission. That fact seems to be getting lost in all the bandwagon anger and apologizing our authorities are doing.

#18 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:31 AM

Timmy I don't care if they are offended or not! Your messiah apologized over a book. Do you really think that will help us win the war on terror General Timmy? Two Americans were killed over a book. That should be more offensive than anything.
General Timmy liberals burn our flag routinely but like you they will whine over the koran not being revered.
Hearts and minds is a crock from the 60s that lost us Vietnam. We won Japans hearts and minds with nukes and Germanys with fire bombing.

This post has been edited by satellite66: 24 February 2012 - 06:49 AM

#19 User is offline   rocketraccoon 

• Marxists make my fur fly
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostTimothy, on 24 February 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

Oh please. So why didn't we apologize to the Germans and the Japanese for turning Dresden and Tokyo into funeral pyres? barack hussein obama is just the nancy-boy to "lead" this new style of PC-warfare the suits in DC think is appropriate. He's a gutless, spineless, CLUELESS muslim sympathizer, more interested in not hurting the enemy's feelings than backing up the GIs. What an embarrassment.

#20 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

View Postrocketraccoon, on 24 February 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

Oh please. So why didn't we apologize to the Germans and the Japanese for turning Dresden and Tokyo into funeral pyres? barack hussein obama is just the nancy-boy to "lead" this new style of PC-warfare the suits in DC think is appropriate. He's a gutless, spineless, CLUELESS muslim sympathizer, more interested in not hurting the enemy's feelings than backing up the GIs. What an embarrassment.

Actually I think Clinton did apologize or was it Obama?

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users