Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Gas Prices Grow More Under Obama Than Carter - RightNation.US

Gas Prices Grow More Under Obama Than Carter Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• What Fresh Hell Is This?
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

Gas Prices Grow More Under Obama Than Carter

US News & World Report
By Lauren Fox
April 9, 2012

Excerpt:

Marking the similarities between President Barack Obama's time in office and former president Jimmy Carter's is nothing new. But as of Monday, Obama has hit one more Carter benchmark - both saw gas prices double in their first term of office.

In fact, while just barely, Obama has seen an even higher gas price increase than Carter dealt with under his administration.

Under the Carter administration, gas prices increased by 103.77 percent. Gas prices since Obama took office have risen by 103.79 percent. No other presidents in recent years have struggled as much with soaring oil prices. Under the Reagan administration, gas prices actually dropped 66 percent. When Bill Clinton was president, gas prices grew by roughly 30 percent, and under both Bush presidencies, gas prices rose by 20 percent.

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• Or is that offensive to Douchebags?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   MADGestic 

• Trey Dae d’lea
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

I think I've previously asked this: What can a US President actually do about gas prices?

They may have some leeway with the "strategic oil reserve" but I consider that more of a national defense issue than an economic one. He or she may be able to enact administrative policies that… ummm… make nice with oil-producing nations? Or threaten them?

The President cannot raise or lower federal taxes on oil; wouldn't that be up to the congress?

Oil is a global commodity which rises and falls in value due to a variety of factors; most of which I think the President has little control over. Indeed, although the headline of the topic-article suggests that this is an Obama issue, the content demonstrates that it is something that challenges him… something that he must react to, not something that he controls.

#4 User is offline   AntiWeasel 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Prices are a sign of confidence - plain and simple. Always have been, always will be...

#5 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The Dark Lord is not pleased
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostMADGestic, on 09 April 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

I think I've previously asked this: What can a US President actually do about gas prices?

A question seemingly never asked nor answered from 2000-2008

#6 User is offline   MADGestic 

• Trey Dae d’lea
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 09 April 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

A question seemingly never asked nor answered from 2000-2008

And apparently still unanswered. :-)

#7 User is online   Wyn 

• "Our President (tm)", Comrade Hussein
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Gas Prices Grow More Under Obama Than Carter

Somewhere on a peanut farm in southwest Georgia an old man is doing the happy monkey dance.

#8 User is offline   Whitey 

• Smoking never hurt anyone
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

They may have some leeway with the "strategic oil reserve" but I consider that more of a national defense issue than an economic one. He or she may be able to enact administrative policies that… ummm… make nice with oil-producing nations? Or threaten them?

The President cannot raise or lower federal taxes on oil; wouldn't that be up to the congress?

Oil is a global commodity which rises and falls in value due to a variety of factors; most of which I think the President has little control over. Indeed, although the headline of the topic-article suggests that this is an Obama issue, the content demonstrates that it is something that challenges him… something that he must react to, not something that he controls.

WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP!!!!! You don't get off that easy.

I do recall we were all told that under Bush, gas prices were high because there was an "oil man" in the Whitehouse. Well there ain't an oil man now is there?????

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION -

1) Stop blocking domestic production.

2) Stop blocking imports from a trusted ally.

3) Stop promising higher gas prices. Heck that is really the only promise Obama can claim he kept. And YES he DID make that promise. Don't make me go get that video willis! Screw it, here is the video:

#9 User is offline   Whitey 

• Smoking never hurt anyone

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

View PostMADGestic, on 09 April 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

And apparently still unanswered. :-)

Not any more Nancy. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

#10 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

We are not talking about what a run of the mill president can do. We are talking about Obama. The greatest man ever elected to the office. A man that would lower the seas and clean the air. A man that will bring hope and change. A man who is so brilliant we can't even understand him. A man who speaks in shorthand. A man with a stash of money.
It seems you are saying that Obama is not as good as a president as Bush because Bush could solve this. It is all we heard for 8 years. How gas prices were Bush's fault.
What do you guys draw straws as to who gets to be the troll on threads? Is it a rotation of some kind? How does Obama dog washer central decide who is best suited to point out the foolish nature of liberalism?

For the last 5 years all we heard was there is nothing Obama can't do now it's Obama can't fix this.

This post has been edited by satellite66: 10 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

#11 User is offline   horseman 

• Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

View Postsatellite66, on 10 April 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

We are not talking about what a run of the mill president can do. We are talking about Obama. The greatest man ever elected to the office. A man that would lower the seas and clean the air. A man that will bring hope and change. A man who is so brilliant we can't even understand him. A man who speaks in shorthand. A man with a stash of money.
It seems you are saying that Obama is not as good as a president as Bush because Bush could solve this. It is all we heard for 8 years. How gas prices were Bush's fault.
What do you guys draw straws as to who gets to be the troll on threads? Is it a rotation of some kind? How does Obama dog washer central decide who is best suited to point out the foolish nature of liberalism?

For the last 5 years all we heard was there is nothing Obama can't do now it's Obama can't fix this.

:yeahthat:

You'd think that he could just strike a rock with his staff and oil would just pour out.

#12 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• Conservative Dark Side
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

The Policies of the President impact directly onto the price of Gas. Jimmah Cartah's policies devalued the US Dollar which forced up the price of gas per gallon. Obama's policies have hastened the devaluation of the dollar by pushing up deficit's to record numbers. The way to lower gas prices is to stop printing money like it's toilet paper and lower the deficit. That will decrease the fixed price of oil versus the dollar. The Dollar is not a constant, it's constantly dropping.

In fact, while just barely, Obama has seen an even higher gas price increase than Carter dealt with under his administration.

This is an obvious misstatement, the President is inducing this cause not dealing with it. Remember he said it in 07-08 during the campaign that his policies would force energy prices up, not lower them. He's not the village idiot we suspect he is, he does understand that devaluation of our currency is in fact forcing our cost of living upwards. We need to stop his intentional theft of American treasure.

#13 User is online   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:47 AM

Ouch....That's going to leave a mark

#14 User is offline   rocketraccoon 

• Marxists make my fur fly
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

He could by allowing the Keystone pipeline, drilling in ANWR and more rigs in the Gulf. But his loyalties to big environmental are stronger than his loyalties to the 99%.

#15 User is offline   swede1962 

• Look, Ma! I'm a Wag-Toon!!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

You know, the libtards can wail and gnash their teeth, blaming 'speculators" and "unease in the Middle East" and "big evil oil companies" until they turn blue and pass out.

But all we REALLY need to do is keep hammering this point home, from now until November. Most people don't really understand all the subtle nuances of market driven forces, etc. But they DO understand the fact that the average price of gasoline was around $1.89/gallon on 19 January 2009, and now it is MUCH higher (double in many places)

Is your gas tank happier NOW than it was 4 years ago?

WHY this isn't the major talking point of EVERY Republican candidate is very confusing to me. The three things they MUST talk about-gas prices, unemployment, and repealing 0bamacare. Nothing else is as important. Do NOT let the libtards distract us with Trayvon, Fluke, or any other thing.

This post has been edited by swede1962: 10 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

#16 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

View Postswede1962, on 10 April 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

WHY this isn't the major talking point of EVERY Republican candidate is very confusing to me. The three things they MUST talk about-gas prices, unemployment, and repealing 0bamacare. Nothing else is as important. Do NOT let the libtards distract us with Trayvon, Fluke, or any other thing.

I agree. My only guess is the smart guys behind them don't want to offend the precious independents by being mean to Obama. When will they learn we win when we stick to the real issues and not pander to groups?

#17 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• ... And don't call me "Anthony"

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

You don't seem to remember the allegation that GW Bush had levers on his Oval Office desk that could control:

1. gas and oil prices,
2. US unemployment rate, and
3. Negro-killing natural disasters.

#18 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

The president doesn't set gas prices directly in a weekly meeting but that doesn't mean he doesn't affect them. He does. He does so by affecting economic confidence. Everyone in business today knows that the economy won't begin to recover until Obama is out of office. So yes, Obama sets off oil speculation and volatility by inducing fear, uncertainty, and apprehension into markets. Markets react.

#19 User is offline   Mr. E. Monkey 

• I aim to misbehave.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 11 April 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

You don't seem to remember the allegation that GW Bush had levers on his Oval Office desk that could control:

1. gas and oil prices,

Bush obviously took the levers with him, leaving Obama helpless to change anything.

#20 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• Or is that offensive to Douchebags?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 11 April 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

1. gas and oil prices,

And weather...

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users