Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Gas Prices Grow More Under Obama Than Carter - RightNation.US

Gas Prices Grow More Under Obama Than Carter Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   MADGestic 

• Trey Dae d’lea
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostWhitey, on 09 April 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP!!!!! You don't get off that easy. […]

What do you mean by "get off"? I'm asking a question: How can a US President exert control over gas prices at the pump? Aside from overreaching (such as starting a war in the Middle East) I really don't know the answer.

I do recall we were all told that under Bush, gas prices were high because there was an "oil man" in the Whitehouse. Well there ain't an oil man now is there????? […]

I don't recall what "we were all {supposedly} told" years ago and this in no way answers my question. I have never blamed (or credited) a US President for influencing retail gasoline prices. Indeed that is the essence of my query: HOW can the President reasonably influence the local retail prices of a global commodity?

[…] TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION -

1) Stop blocking domestic production.

2) Stop blocking imports from a trusted ally.

3) Stop promising higher gas prices. Heck that is really the only promise Obama can claim he kept. And YES he DID make that promise. Don't make me go get that video willis! Screw it, here is the video: […]

I'm not asking what anyone promised; I just want to know how the POTUS can control retail gasoline prices. Blocking domestic production (even if it were true) is not enough, nor is "blocking imports from a trusted ally" (even if it were true). It's a global commodity; if we don't buy or sell it, others will surely do so.

If you don't know then, like me, just say so… I won't hold it against you. I think any US President gets blamed for lots of things that they cannot control. And in the microcosm of domestic retail gasoline market prices… (in the most conspicuously consumptive economy on the planet)… it's just plain silly to blame the guy in the White House for how much it costs to pump up a Hummer.

#22 User is offline   MADGestic 

• Trey Dae d’lea
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

View Postsatellite66, on 10 April 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

We are not talking about what a run of the mill president can do. We are talking about Obama. The greatest man ever elected to the office. [Huge Snark Snip] For the last 5 years all we heard was there is nothing Obama can't do now it's Obama can't fix this.

Ummm… yeah okay whatever…

Tangent: Try saying "Huge Snark Snip" 5 times really fast!

:coolshades:

#23 User is offline   MADGestic 

• Trey Dae d’lea
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

View Postzurg, on 11 April 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

[…] Everyone in business today knows that the economy won't begin to recover until Obama is out of office. […]

You have got to be kidding me. Been watching the markets lately? If I could just MSU (Make {Stuff} UP) then I could say that the long series of clownish candidates running for 2012 Republican nomination for President have been tripping over each other to improve the economic outlook.

#24 User is online   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

View PostMADGestic, on 11 April 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

Ummm… yeah okay whatever…

:coolshades:

:biglaugh:

So does this mean Obama is not the be all end all of presidents???

This post has been edited by satellite66: 12 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

#25 User is online   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

How about the volatility Obama created in the middle east with all his "springs" that have done nothing but give power to radicals?
Obama has done everything to raise energy costs in this country. Thus raising the cost of everything. Forcing companies and families to cut back. Cut backs that shrink the economy more. Forcing more people on government handouts of some kind. Dependence on government is the lefts goal and Obama is racing us toward it.
Jimmy Carter had OPEC to blame in the 70's as his excuse for failure. Obama doesn't and has only his failure as president to blame.

#26 User is offline   MADGestic 

• Trey Dae d’lea
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

View Postsatellite66, on 13 April 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

How about the volatility Obama created in the middle east with all his "springs" that have done nothing but give power to radicals?

Obama has done everything to raise energy costs in this country. Thus raising the cost of everything. Forcing companies and families to cut back. Cut backs that shrink the economy more. Forcing more people on government handouts of some kind. Dependence on government is the lefts goal and Obama is racing us toward it.

Jimmy Carter had OPEC to blame in the 70's as his excuse for failure. Obama doesn't and has only his failure as president to blame.

As compared to Bush II who actually started a Middle East war?! Jesus, compared to invading a country based on nonsense and a petulant: "He tried to kill my daddy"; President Obama's supposed "springs" seem to pale. There is plenty of valid criticism of the Obama administration but spending a trillion dollars on an arguably unnecessary years-long war isn't one of them.

#27 User is online   Wyn 

• "Our President (tm)", Comrade Hussein
  • Group: Gold

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostMADGestic, on 16 April 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

... "He tried to kill my daddy"...

:rofl:

Seriously, get some new talking points. The one's you have are worthless.

#28 User is online   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

As compared to Bush II who actually started a Middle East war?! Jesus, compared to invading a country based on nonsense and a petulant: "He tried to kill my daddy"; President Obama's supposed "springs" seem to pale. There is plenty of valid criticism of the Obama administration but spending a trillion dollars on an arguably unnecessary years-long war isn't one of them.

Yet with all that Bush still left office with gas prices half what Obama has right now. And a 3% lower unemployment rate. Of course this thread is about Obama and Carter not Bush.
Wyn is right those talking points have expired. Just like your credibility.

#29 User is offline   MADGestic 

• Trey Dae d’lea
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

View Postsatellite66, on 17 April 2012 - 05:55 AM, said:

Yet with all that Bush still left office with gas prices half what Obama has right now. And a 3% lower unemployment rate. Of course this thread is about Obama and Carter not Bush.
Wyn is right those talking points have expired. Just like your credibility.

And neither of you know the answer to my topical question... just blame Obama... okay, fair enough.

#30 User is offline   pict 

• If you expect a PC response, forget it!
  • View gallery

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostMADGestic, on 18 April 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

And neither of you know the answer to my topical question... just blame Obama... okay, fair enough.
I'll answer it.

Obama's dictatorial EPA is increasing the price of energy coupled with his silly green agenga which is inefficient and therefore costly. And for your information, we sit on more oil reserves than Saudi Arabia, we aren't allowed to drill it because of enviro-nuts.

And Obama has decreased oil production here, he brags about issuing leases but this doesn't allow drilling. The two-faced turd has cut back on issuing drilling permits.

Also, his moratorium in the gulf in breach of a court order caused rigs to go elsewhere.

So there, your question is answered.

#31 User is offline   pict 

• View gallery

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

And now the moron's EPA is going after natural gas production:

Hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, in which drillers use a high-pressure mixture of water, sand and chemicals to break apart energy-rich rocks, is behind the recent boom in U.S. oil and gas production. How to regulate it is emerging as one of the most important policy questions in Washington, with environmentalists urging strict controls and energy firms warning excessive red tape could stop the boom just as it is beginning to transform the U.S. energy business.

Link

So there you have it, Obama and his EPA are deliberately curtailing energy production and increasing costs.

Because they're all bloody morons who haven't a clue how things work and don't want to know.

#32 User is offline   pict 

• View gallery

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

And here's something else for your education:

A recent lengthy report by Reuters confirms what many conservatives have long known: President Obama's promise to create millions of so-called "green jobs" has been a colossal and expensive failure.

A few highlights from the report:

1) Since 2009, the wind industry has lost 10,000 jobs, even as the energy capacity of wind farms has almost doubled. By contrast, the oil and gas industry have created 75,000 jobs since Mr. Obama took office.

2) "A $500 million job-training program has so far helped fewer than 20,000 people find work, far short of its goal." The program was so bad that "the Labor Department's inspector general recommended last fall that the agency should return the $327 million that remained unspent." They didn't. And now, the department "remains far short of its goal of placing 80,000 workers into green jobs by 2013."

3) According to the Labor Department's own figures, the push for so-called "green jobs" has been an abysmal failure. "By the end of 2011, some 16,092 participants had found new work in a "green" field, according to the Labor Department - roughly one-fifth of its target."

Link

#33 User is online   Wyn 

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

:lol3:

What, no mention of Halliburton?

#34 User is offline   pict 

• View gallery

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

View PostMADGestic, on 11 April 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

You have got to be kidding me. Been watching the markets lately? If I could just MSU (Make {Stuff} UP) then I could say that the long series of clownish candidates running for 2012 Republican nomination for President have been tripping over each other to improve the economic outlook.
Here's some more education for you regarding the coal industry:

With the country focused on this week's high drama at the Supreme Court, President Obama's EPA quietly released long-delayed regulations to apply global warming rules never authorized by Congress to new coal-fired power plants.

That Obama's EPA would release a rule to destroy coal-fired electricity while the president gives stump speeches about an "all of the above" energy policy is an insult to the American people.

This rule will effectively block any new coal-fired power plants from being built in America, and a second round of related rules – expected after the election, of course – will shut down existing coal-fired power plants.

The result will be steeply higher electricity prices, lost jobs, and lower standards of living. Remarkably, this is all done in the name of global warming, but even EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson admits it will have no discernible impact on global temperatures. Obama's EPA is crippling the U.S. economy not to accomplish anything, but just to enjoy a nice, warm, green feeling of self-satisfaction.

Link

And of course, the village idiot stated in 2008 he would do exactly this. Now, if you would like further education on the subject of Obama's destruction of the energy industry, feel free to ask.

This post has been edited by pict: 19 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

#35 User is online   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

I think somebody has trouble adjusting to the fact that Obama is not as majestic as they thought. The frustration is understandable. No one likes to find out they were fooled and taken in by a fraud. A man with big talk and promises who is really just a big failure with excuses. :biglaugh:

#36 User is online   Wyn 

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

View Postsatellite66, on 19 April 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

I think somebody has trouble adjusting to the fact that Obama is not as majestic as they thought. The frustration is understandable. No one likes to find out they were fooled and taken in by a fraud. A man with big talk and promises who is really just a big failure with excuses. :biglaugh:

Bingo!! All of our liberals are getting very shrill around here.

#37 User is offline   The-Stig 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

View Postpict, on 18 April 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

I'll answer it.

Obama's dictatorial EPA is increasing the price of energy coupled with his silly green agenga which is inefficient and therefore costly. And for your information, we sit on more oil reserves than Saudi Arabia, we aren't allowed to drill it because of enviro-nuts.

And Obama has decreased oil production here, he brags about issuing leases but this doesn't allow drilling. The two-faced turd has cut back on issuing drilling permits.

Also, his moratorium in the gulf in breach of a court order caused rigs to go elsewhere.

So there, your question is answered.

You have more patience with this yahoo than I do. Facts mean nothing, Talking points and dog washing is all they have. I have been in the oil industry since 1981 but apparently I know nothing about it compared to what’s his name

#38 User is offline   pict 

• View gallery

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

View PostThe-Stig, on 19 April 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

You have more patience with this yahoo than I do. Facts mean nothing, Talking points and dog washing is all they have. I have been in the oil industry since 1981 but apparently I know nothing about it compared to what's his name
They're all full of piss and wind. And the fact it affects them as badly as anyone else, ruins whatever credibility they had in supporting the village idiot's polices.

Tha fact the fool said he would cause energy prices to skyrocket, even before he was elected, yet morons still voted him in shows their stupidity.

#39 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

View Postpict, on 19 April 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

They're all full of piss and wind. And the fact it affects them as badly as anyone else, ruins whatever credibility they had in supporting the village idiot's polices.

Tha fact the fool said he would cause energy prices to skyrocket, even before he was elected, yet morons still voted him in shows their stupidity.

Perhaps certain people can tell us what happened to energy prices after Bush revoked the off shore drilling ban?

Funny, who would have ever thought the actions of the President could have such a profound impact on energy prices.

Oki

#40 User is offline   pict 

• View gallery

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

View Postoki, on 19 April 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

Perhaps certain people can tell us what happened to energy prices after Bush revoked the off shore drilling ban?

Funny, who would have ever thought the actions of the President could have such a profound impact on energy prices.

Oki
Yes, it's quite astounding a president's policies will affect energy prices...

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users