Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Chris Matthews Bombs on 'Jeopardy!' - RightNation.US

Chris Matthews Bombs on 'Jeopardy!' After Repeatedly Mocking Palin for How She'd Do Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• Or is that offensive to Douchebags?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

Chris Matthews Bombs on 'Jeopardy!' After Repeatedly Mocking Palin for How She'd Do
By Noel Sheppard
May 15, 2012 | 01:07
newsbusters.org

<More Here Including Video>

On at least four occasions, MSNBC's Chris Matthews mocked Sarah Palin for how he felt she'd do if she were ever on the hit television game show Jeopardy!.

In a delicious example of instant karma, the self-proclaimed brainiac got his chance to show America how smart he was in a special "Power Players" version of the show Monday, but came up quite short finishing dead last with the paltry sum of only $2,300 (video follows with transcribed highlights and commentary):

(snip Video)

For those that missed it, Matthews was matched up against CNN's Lizzie O'Leary and former Obama White House press secretary Robert Gibbs. Quite comically, the MSNBC anchor's first gaffe came when he couldn't even correctly request an answer to a question.

"Let's go back to, what is 'Crossword Clues E?' I mean, I'm sorry, let's go $200 for the category 'Crossword Clues E.'"

Matthews appeared to have his Joe Biden thinking cap on. Host Alex Trebek finally read the answer, "At ____, soldier! Four letters."

"At ease, soldier," Matthews responded. "What is 'At ease, soldier?'"

Although the correct response was "Ease," host Trebek graciously accepted Matthews' offering. A bit later, the answer to another question was, "Full name of the U2 pilot shot down over the Soviet Union in 1960."

Matthews responded, "Who is Gary Powers?"

Trebek prompted, "We need the full name."

Again channeling Biden, Matthews actually just repeated the same thing saying, "Who is Gary Powers?"

Trebek said, "No," and the audience burst out laughing. The full name of course was Francis Gary Powers.

And that's when things really got ugly for the arrogant Matthews.

(snip)

This from a man who on October 2, 2008, shortly before that evening's Vice Presidential debate, said of Palin:

"Is this [vice presidential debate] about her brain power?... Do you think cute will beat brains?...Do you think she’d do better on the questions on Jeopardy! or the interview they do during a half-time?...My suspicion is that she has the same lack of intellectual curiosity that the President of the United States has right now and that is scary!"

Then on January 12, 2010:

They find these empty vessels who know nothing about the world! Nothing about foreign policy! Who immediately begin to spout the neo-con line. I read her book — it’s full of that crap....It’s unbelievable how little this woman knows!...Don’t put her on Jeopardy!”

And again on November 2, 2010:

“Senator, do you think Sarah Palin is qualified to be President of the United States?...If she were on Jeopardy! right now and the topic was national government, American government generally defined, would she look like an imbecile, or would she look okay? Does she know anything?"

And finally on January 19, 2011:

“I’d like to see her on just a couple of episodes of Celebrity Jeopardy! or It’s Academic Mac McGarry to just see if she knows anything.”

(snip)

<More Here Including Video>

This post has been edited by MTP Reggie: 15 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

Yup, LOL, we were watching. (I play Jeopardy almost every weeknight, with my girlfriend keeping careful score. For the record, I beat all three players last night easily.) I even said to my girlfriend just before the game started: "Even if I don't win tonight, I at least wanna beat that @$$hole Matthews." Turns out he was the easiest one to beat.

:D

#3 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

View Postarticle, on 15 May 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

Chris Matthews Bombs on 'Jeopardy!'

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by MTP Reggie: 15 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

#5 User is online   Jamescush 

• Winter Is Coming
  • Group: Silver

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

Ha ha!!! :biglaugh:

#6 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 15 May 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

Posted Image

Where's the diversity?

#7 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Hmmmmmm...

No mention of his brilliance here.

A quick search provides none of his brilliance either...

What gives?

#8 User is offline   Censport 

• Join the Breezy Brigade

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Palin has already proven that she knows American history better than pretty much everyone in the Leftist media, yet Matthews kept calling her dumb. I wonder if he'll continue to do that...

And remember what Reagan said about the Left: "... it's just that they know so much that isn't true."

#9 User is online   horseman 

• Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 May 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

Yup, LOL, we were watching. (I play Jeopardy almost every weeknight, with my girlfriend keeping careful score. For the record, I beat all three players last night easily.) I even said to my girlfriend just before the game started: "Even if I don't win tonight, I at least wanna beat that @$$hole Matthews." Turns out he was the easiest one to beat.

:D

While I don't keep score , I'm pretty sure I beat them all. I even pulled out the final jeopardy answer.

What really irritates me is that they play soooooooo slowly. My wife gets mad because I'm sitting there yelling "pick a G-damned question numbnuts!"

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

View Posthorseman, on 15 May 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

While I don't keep score , I'm pretty sure I beat them all. I even pulled out the final jeopardy answer.

What really irritates me is that they play soooooooo slowly. My wife gets mad because I'm sitting there yelling "pick a G-damned question numbnuts!"

Yeah, the "celebrity" versions of the game (which includes the "power players" games) are usually the most boring, because they dumb everything down, so they can avoid making the celebrities look stupid on TV. Therefore it's especially funny when one of them ends up looking stupid anyway, like Matthews did.

LOL

:whistling:

#11 User is offline   Italian Biker 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 May 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Yeah, the "celebrity" versions of the game (which includes the "power players" games) are usually the most boring, because they dumb everything down, so they can avoid making the celebrities look stupid on TV. Therefore it's especially funny when one of them ends up looking stupid anyway, like Matthews did.

LOL

Years ago, I remember seeing a celebrity episode of Who Wants To Be A Millonaire with Charlie Sheen. I don't remember the exact wording of the question, which was about film studio crew, and the answer was "grip". This is the industry the man is in, people he sees and works with, and he stumbled through the answer, and it was a multiple choice question.

#12 User is offline   The-Stig 

• <no title>

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

#13 User is online   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostThe-Stig, on 15 May 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

This is what I thought of, too.

"I bombed on jeopardy, baby." "wooooo-ooo-ooo-oooooo."

#14 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

Ok I'm not ashamed to admit I got a thrill up my leg watching that. :biglaugh:

#15 User is offline   tcotrel 

• You know those parking lot attendants....
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

View Postsatellite66, on 15 May 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

Ok I'm not ashamed to admit I got a thrill up my leg watching that. :biglaugh:

But was there something going DOWN his leg?

#16 User is offline   The-Stig 

• <no title>

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

View Posttcotrel, on 15 May 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

But was there something going DOWN his leg?

urine

#17 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostItalian Biker, on 15 May 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Years ago, I remember seeing a celebrity episode of Who Wants To Be A Millonaire with Charlie Sheen. I don't remember the exact wording of the question, which was about film studio crew, and the answer was "grip". This is the industry the man is in, people he sees and works with, and he stumbled through the answer, and it was a multiple choice question.

LOL. Yeah, no doubt he never really thought about grips (or any other members of a production crew) as anything more than one of the "little people".

:rolleyes:

#18 User is offline   Mikeb26 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

Alex: Matthews selects next.

Matthews: liberal news anchors for $100

Alex: give the full name of this arrogant pompous fool that gets no ratings on msnbc.

Matthews: Matthews

Alex: we need the full name .

Matthews: who is Matthews.

Alex: no, the full name please.

Matthews: what is Matthews?

Alex: please....the full name.

Matthews: Quien es, Matthews...

Alex: for the love of god you idiot the answer is you....Chris Matthews.....it's you...you are the answer!!

Matthews: who is Sarah palin is an idiot...

Alex: (putting his head in his hands)....yes, Chris that's it....palin is an idiot.

Peace.

#19 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostMikeb26, on 15 May 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

Alex: Matthews selects next.

Matthews: liberal news anchors for $100

Alex: give the full name of this arrogant pompous fool that gets no ratings on msnbc.

Matthews: Matthews

Alex: we need the full name .

Matthews: who is Matthews.

Alex: no, the full name please.

Matthews: what is Matthews?

Alex: please....the full name.

Matthews: Quien es, Matthews...

Alex: for the love of god you idiot the answer is you....Chris Matthews.....it's you...you are the answer!!

Matthews: who is Sarah palin is an idiot...

Alex: (putting his head in his hands)....yes, Chris that's it....palin is an idiot.

Peace.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

:lol3:

:welldone:

#20 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 15 May 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

LOL

They actually get easier questions/answers than the kids do.

Kind of amazing, but I think in my lifetime, there have only been two hosts for that show.

This post has been edited by Hieronymous: 16 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users