Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Gay Couple to Marry on Float During Rose Parade - RightNation.US

Gay Couple to Marry on Float During Rose Parade Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

Gay Couple to Marry on Float During Rose Parade
By Alec Torres
December 20, 2013 1:49 PM
NRO/The Corner
Excerpt:

During the 125th New Year’s Day Rose Parade this year in Pasadena, on a giant wedding-cake-shaped float, two gay men will be married. Danny Leclair and Aubrey Loots, both hairstylists who own Studio DNA Salons, a L.A. salon chain, were selected from a lottery held at a same-sex-wedding expo earlier this year, and will be riding a float sponsored by the AIDS Healthcare Foundation.

<edit>

AIDS Healthcare Foundation president Michael Weinstein says that the wedding fits with the float’s theme, “Love is the Best Protection,” and argues that legitimizing gay relationships and encouraging commitment from gay men will make them safer from risks such as AIDS.

Article

#2 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

Well, what a great way to insure even more people turn that crap off!
Used to be that kid's just watched for the color and flash and clowns, etc.
Most didn't know about, or care about, themes or social issues.
It was a parade of light and color and music and general fun.
Leave it to the liberal freaks in the world to make yet another childhood memory just a memory.
Bastards, the lot of them.

#3 User is offline   fishandchips 

• Your friendly fish-cal conservative
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

I wonder when the first gay marriage on children's TV will happen.

#4 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

This is extraordinarily stupid.

Yes, LOL, this is the same Monty, and yes, I still fully support same-sex marriage. But this is just plain stupid. This In-Your-Face crap is exactly why so many people oppose them.

B)

#5 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

I'm still having trouble with the idea that there's a safe sex float in the Rose Bowl Parade for the couple to get married on.

Parades ain't what they used to be.

#6 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• <no title>

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

AIDS Healthcare Foundation president Michael Weinstein says that the wedding fits with the float’s theme, “Love is the Best Protection,” and argues that legitimizing gay relationships and encouraging commitment from gay men will make them safer from risks such as AIDS.

Wasn't it a whole lotta love that caused the wildfire spread of AIDS in the first place?

As for them getting married on a float, don't get me started.

I guess the viewership of the Rose Parade has tanked to the point where they have to do something this moronic to bump their audience numbers.

#7 User is offline   fishandchips 

• Your friendly fish-cal conservative

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 20 December 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Yes, LOL, this is the same Monty, and yes, I still fully support same-sex marriage. But this is just plain stupid. This In-Your-Face crap is exactly why so many people oppose them.

B)

I would have expected gays to, you know, keep their displays for the gay pride parade which no doubt takes place in every city in California. But no, I was wrong.

#8 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• <no title>

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

View Postfishandchips, on 20 December 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

I would have expected gays to, you know, keep their displays for the gay pride parade which no doubt takes place in every city in California. But no, I was wrong.

There is a segment of the gay community that will not be satisfied until they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, wherever they want, and have the full protection of the government to stop people from disagreeing with whatever that happens to be at any given moment.

#9 User is offline   AntiWeasel 

• <no title>

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

Can I just go back to when I was a kid now !!!!

We have regressed so far that at some point living in a remote jungle just might be refreshing.

Just a simple WTF is all that is needed at this point....

#10 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>
  • Group: 500+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

So now the Rose Parade is a gay pride parade? :hairpull:

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Mr. E. Monkey 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

B)

:clap:

It's sure a far cry from "stay out of our bedroom," or whatever.

This isn't about 'equality' or 'tolerance.' This is what this is about:
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   MADGestic 

• Trey Dae d’lea
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostUSNJIMRET, on 20 December 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

… Used to be that kid's just watched for the color and flash and clowns, etc…

The first-ever live wedding during the annual Rose Parade took place in 1989. It was called the "most widely witnessed wedding in American history."

I imagine you complained about it back then as well… "kids and clowns" and all that… right?

… This In-Your-Face crap is exactly why so many people oppose them….

See above.

Parades are all about political statements (see SCOTUS case re: Boston Saint Patrick's Day Parade) and/or advertising. For many years I watched the NYC Thanksgiving Day Parade because Santa Claus arrived at the end. As a child I didn't notice that it was the MACY*S Thanksgiving Day Parade and that the Santa Claus was a reminder for the adults to shop at MACY*S for all their gift-giving needs. So let's drop this childlike wonderment nonsense and talk like adults.

Yes, it's stupid to get married on a parade float… or on a mountaintop, or while scuba diving, or bungee jumping, or skydiving, and in so many other manners and for who knows whatever reasons. Some people just get the license and privately solemnize their commitment to each other. Some go for the formal "big event", patronizing the Wedding Industry so all their friends and family can see and eat and drink and do silly dances. Then there are those that really go over the top… I'm talking "reality show" posturing: "Hey, looka me!" But we hold our tongues, smile politely, wish them the best, and thank them for including us in their special event. Regardless of how much flash and panache is provided, we are witnessing a lifelong pledge of fealty… and that counts for something.

Gay folks did not invent marriage… we're arriving rather late to the party.

#13 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• Don't blame me I voted for Romney
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

View PostMADGestic, on 21 December 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

The first-ever live wedding during the annual Rose Parade took place in 1989. It was called the "most widely witnessed wedding in American history."

I imagine you complained about it back then as well… "kids and clowns" and all that… right?

See above.

Parades are all about political statements (see SCOTUS case re: Boston Saint Patrick's Day Parade) and/or advertising. For many years I watched the NYC Thanksgiving Day Parade because Santa Claus arrived at the end. As a child I didn't notice that it was the MACY*S Thanksgiving Day Parade and that the Santa Claus was a reminder for the adults to shop at MACY*S for all their gift-giving needs. So let's drop this childlike wonderment nonsense and talk like adults.

Yes, it's stupid to get married on a parade float… or on a mountaintop, or while scuba diving, or bungee jumping, or skydiving, and in so many other manners and for who knows whatever reasons. Some people just get the license and privately solemnize their commitment to each other. Some go for the formal "big event", patronizing the Wedding Industry so all their friends and family can see and eat and drink and do silly dances. Then there are those that really go over the top… I'm talking "reality show" posturing: "Hey, looka me!" But we hold our tongues, smile politely, wish them the best, and thank them for including us in their special event. Regardless of how much flash and panache is provided, we are witnessing a lifelong pledge of fealty… and that counts for something.

I wonder how much longer until they start having a guy on stilts exposing himself or simulated lesbian sex on a float like they did in Boston back in 96.

#14 User is offline   tidelady 

• <no title>

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

Guess Phil Robertson and I won't be watching the Rose Parade this year. Maybe I'll try duck hunting.

#15 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• ... And don't call me "Anthony"
  • Group: Silver

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostMADGestic, on 21 December 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

See above.

Bless their hearts.

#16 User is offline   trekqueen 

• an apple for you...
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

apparently they downplayed it as much as possible. the major networks panned away when it came down the main thoroughfare that is in front of the main stage and crowds. KTLA is the main coverage station that shows it without commercials so they didn't cut away but Stefanie Edwards and Bob Eubanks pretty much glossed over it, didn't even mention marriage just that they'd been together for 10yrs. the couple didn't kiss, just held hands up in the air like a sports victory salute.

#17 User is offline   That_Guy 

• Our Commander in Chief & John McCain IV

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

You're missing the point.

The same way a mixed gender couple got married on a float 24 years ago, a same-sex couple got married on a float in 2013. Thus, "marriage equality."

Get it?

#18 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostThat_Guy, on 02 January 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

The same way a mixed gender couple got married on a float 24 years ago, a same-sex couple got married on a float in 2013. Thus, "marriage equality."

Get it?

Interesting that of all topics you could have responded to you chose a meaningless debate about parade float weddings. You could have opined on:
-- ship stuck in ice in summer while looking for proof of global warming, and the irony thereof
-- take your pick of threads on failures of Obama's signature law, the inappropriately named ACA
-- nuclear ambitions of Iran
-- gun control in CT
-- etc etc

But you chose a snoozer. Talking points getting thin like your hairline?

#19 User is offline   That_Guy 

• Our Commander in Chief & John McCain IV

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

View Postzurg, on 02 January 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Interesting that of all topics you could have responded to you chose a meaningless debate about parade float weddings.

FYI - The issue is equality. Considering the work done and sacrifices made so that it might be or become the law of the land, the struggle for equality will never be meaningless.

#20 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostThat_Guy, on 02 January 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

Get it?

:yawn:*yawn*:yawn:

The fact remains that this In-Your-Face crap is doing nothing to advance the cause for marriage equality. Nobody anywhere is having to "fight" to "legalize" traditional marriage, and this kind of stupid sh*t only serves to make the opponents of same-sex marriage all the more determined to keep fighting.

Get it?

:rolleyes:

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users