RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump threatens Comey in tweet: Better hope there are no ‘tapes’ - RightNation.US

Trump threatens Comey in tweet: Better hope there are no ‘tapes’ Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:02 AM

Trump threatens Comey in tweet: Better hope there are no ‘tapes’

By Sally Persons - The Washington Times
Friday, May 12, 2017
President Trump tweeted a veiled threat Friday toward former FBI Director James B. Comey over possible tapes of their conversations.

“James Comey better hope there are no ‘tapes’ of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!” Mr. Trump posted on Twitter.

The president also reacted to claims that he undermined his staff by threatening to cancel future “press briefings,” he said in a series of tweets Friday.

Mr. Trump responded to claims that he contradicted the narrative that his staff, including Vice President Mike Pence, gave on the reason Mr. Comey was fired.

“As a very active President with lots of things happening, it is not possible for my surrogates to stand at a podium with perfect accuracy!….” Mr. Trump tweeted. “… Maybe the best thing to do would be to cancel all future ‘press briefings’ and hand out written responses for the sake of accuracy???”

<snip>

Link

:popcorn:

#2 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:13 AM

Of course there are no "tapes" just as there was no "wiretapping". But I'm not going to play word games.

President Donald J. Trump is an unconventional and transformative figure in American politics. He does things quite differently than his predecessors. Especially his immediate predecessor who promised The Most Transparent and Ethical Administration - evah!™.

Yes, please share. So far, the Trump administration has been quite eye-opening as well as entertaining. :popcorn:

(By the way, forget the circle-jerk fantasy of Trump being impeached or stepping down. Even if it happens, Mike Pence becomes President.)

#3 User is offline   De Oppresso Liber 

• Illuminaughty
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:50 AM

Was that a J. Edgar Hoover joke?

#4 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:53 AM

Trump is a goof, no doubt. But the way the media go after the guy, I feel compelled to defend him. And I have never liked the guy.

No matter what people say, or falsely report, or how much of an idiot Trump makes himself look, I much prefer him in the White House than that crooked hildabeast.

No matter how you look at it, we dodged a bullet.

#5 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:00 AM

View Posterp, on 12 May 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

Trump is a goof, no doubt. But the way the media go after the guy, I feel compelled to defend him. And I have never liked the guy.

No matter what people say, or falsely report, or how much of an idiot Trump makes himself look, I much prefer him in the White House than that crooked hildabeast.

#6 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

+1

This post has been edited by Dutch13: 12 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

#7 User is offline   De Oppresso Liber 

• Illuminaughty

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

View PostDutch13, on 12 May 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

+1

+2

#8 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:45 AM

View PostThat_Guy, on 12 May 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

No mirrors in your home, I take it?

Probably a good thing.

#9 User is offline   lyria 

• Just trying to get through the day without screaming.
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

Still feels like picking between two piles of dog<censored>. And I don't defend dog<censored> just because it's marginally less stinky than another pile.

President Trump's actions and words should be praised or condemned on their own merits, not in comparison to a theoretical presidency that did not and will not happen, and not because someone else praised or condemned it.

That tweet was classless, pure and simple, with an extra touch of paranoia that just makes you ask "WTF?". If he felt that Comey might leak confidential information to the press, then maybe he should have called him into his office and had him resign with a nondisclosure agreement rather than fire him remotely and let him find out on the TV. (FWIW, I don't have actual issue with the firing itself, just the manner in which it was done, the terrible timing that makes it look like he has something to hide, and the bungled, contradictory reasoning from the White House about it. The firing itself is fine; it is a political position.)

This post has been edited by lyria: 12 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

#10 User is offline   lyria 

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:26 AM

View PostLadybird, on 12 May 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

“As a very active President with lots of things happening, it is not possible for my surrogates to stand at a podium with perfect accuracy!….” Mr. Trump tweeted. “… Maybe the best thing to do would be to cancel all future ‘press briefings’ and hand out written responses for the sake of accuracy???”

Maybe the best thing to do is to spend 5 minutes communicating with your own staff and your own VP before they go out and give press briefings and interviews.

#11 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

You know what the media is barking about now? Trump gets too much ice cream. :biglaugh:

#12 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

View Postlyria, on 12 May 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

Still feels like picking between two piles of dog<censored>. And I don't defend dog<censored> just because it's marginally less stinky than another pile.

President Trump's actions and words should be praised or condemned on their own merits, not in comparison to a theoretical presidency that did not and will not happen, and not because someone else praised or condemned it.

That tweet was classless, pure and simple, with an extra touch of paranoia that just makes you ask "WTF?". If he felt that Comey might leak confidential information to the press, then maybe he should have called him into his office and had him resign with a nondisclosure agreement rather than fire him remotely and let him find out on the TV. (FWIW, I don't have actual issue with the firing itself, just the manner in which it was done, the terrible timing that makes it look like he has something to hide, and the bungled, contradictory reasoning from the White House about it. The firing itself is fine; it is a political position.)

In all fairness to Trump, Comey hasn't been very trustworthy of late. He could say most anything on TV and the media/ democrats would take it as fact and the media distortion would drown out any actual facts that were later corrected.

#13 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:44 AM

View PostKilmerfan, on 12 May 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

You know what the media is barking about now? Trump gets too much ice cream. :biglaugh:

He should probably cut it down to one scoop.

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/i/MSNBC/Components/Video/201606/x_30_nn_Trump_Excerpt_160624.jpg

http://i2.wp.com/peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/lester-holt-trump-interview.jpg?crop=4px%2C0px%2C1992px%2C1332.7428571429px&resize=420%2C281&ssl=1

This post has been edited by Dutch13: 12 May 2017 - 10:48 AM

#14 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:46 AM

View PostDutch13, on 12 May 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/i/MSNBC/Components/Video/201606/x_30_nn_Trump_Excerpt_160624.jpg

What no sprinkles.

#15 User is offline   lyria 

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:47 AM

View PostDutch13, on 12 May 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

In all fairness to Trump, Comey hasn't been very trustworthy of late. He could say most anything on TV and the media/ democrats would take it as fact and the media distortion would drown out any actual facts that were later corrected.

I agree re: Comey. It's not his actual departure that I find so problematic.

#16 User is offline   Tabla_Man 

• Go Nuggets!!!

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:52 AM

And this is the problem. We don't have a media in this country, we have paid propagandists who are the PR wing of the Democrat party. I was watching the golf channel last night to see the highlights from the Players championship. The golf channel is owned by NBC so they had a commercial on for Meet the Press with Chuck Todd, which I've never watched. They had a couple of highlight clips of him interviewing Vice President Pence, and listening to the clips I could not believe that NBC was promoting what was a condescending combative tone from Chuck Todd towards the Vice President. Tim Russert was a Democrat but he NEVER treated someone from the Republican party the way Chuck Todd acted.

We need another term than #FakeNews, because this is so far beyond Fake news. Now there's an unsubstantiated story running around that Comey was about to indict Jeff Sessions, not to mention the BS story that Comey sought funds for expanding the Russian investigation (which is a counter intelligence investigation not a criminal one), but that doesn't stop the media from stating it as fact.

I don't know where you go from this point, because when you have a media that was dead set on trying to impeach a duly elected President, this is a real political coup, not what Trump did by firing Comey.

Another interesting thing is you have some liberals like Tom Brokaw, who are actually coming out seemingly defending Trump, or at least defending the firing, and saying there's nothing to this Russian business and that the firing of Comey is nothing close to the Saturday massacre. But in the past Brokaw would appeal to moderate Democrats like Joe Liberman which are all but extinct. What you have left now in the Democrat party is an unhinged radical group of communist ideologs that will stop at nothing other than a total government takeover.

#17 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

Maybe Trump wants Comey to talk to the media? :shrug:

The more that the media flocks to Comey, the more dirt about the 0bama administration and the Clintons will come to light while Trump carries on with his Presidency. Comey can accept interviews with MSNBC and refuse to go on Fox. However, it is inevitable that he will have to talk about Hillary?'s e-mail server and much more. Then the question will be whether he is divulging information freely or "misspeaking".

#18 User is offline   Tabla_Man 

• Go Nuggets!!!

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:11 AM

View PostDutch13, on 12 May 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Comey is nothing at all what a FBI director should be. How many people can name the last 5 FBI directors off the top of their head? If you can't, don't feel bad, you shouldn't because the FBI director is NOT a celebrity. Look we all know about Hoover, and he was the exception because he created the FBI out of the old BOI. Hoover also amassed power to where public and private officials were in fear of him for the information he was able to collect on individuals. Tucker Carlson also described Comey in a similar fashion and I agree.

Comey loved the attention he brought himself, and he loved testifying before congress and giving press briefings. Also he undermined the bureau by aligning himself so closely with the whims of the Obama Administration. I'm always weary when a Democrat President nominates a "Republican" into a post like this. They face little opposition to their qualifications, and often times we find out they are more aligned with Democrats than Republicans. In this case it wasn't a matter of political ideology, but the fact that he would refuse to request or recommend a grand jury investigation for the Clinton Email scandal. When conducting a criminal investigation you don't say "will you please hand over your laptop", you get a damn warrant and take it from them, if they fail to comply you throw their ass in jail. The cherry on top was doing Loretta Lynch's job for her. This is why so many former FBI personnel like James Kallstrom and former US Attorney's like Joe DiGenova came out in support of Comey being fired.

Trump made a tactical error and his staff is making it worse. Trump should have had massive firings on the first day in office including Comey. Let me ask anyone here this question, if anyone can answer me this, I'll stop being critical of the way Trump has handled this, Why in the hell is John Koskinen to this day still the Commissioner of the IRS?

Trump needs to fire most of the West Wing in addition to any of these other Obama holdovers. He should have learned his lesson with Sally Yates, and he didn't. There are numerous others that failed him in this endeavor staring with Reince Priebus, who is the worst chief of staff I've ever seen.

#19 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

I'm glad for Trump's tweeting. It's simultaneously good and bad. It's good because he bypasses the biased media and communicates directly with the American people. It's bad because it's crass and has petty optics. And it's good because it's crass and has petty optics; maybe voters will think twice before electing the next Obama or Hillary or Bernie, as all that will be needed is to say: you want to vote for ____? You'll get Trump 2.0 in the terms after.

I.e., be careful not to piss off the American voting public, because if you do, you'll get a wrecking ball next. Rightfully so, I might add. I call it checks and balances.

This post has been edited by zurg: 12 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

#20 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostDutch13, on 12 May 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

http://i2.wp.com/peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/lester-holt-trump-interview.jpg?crop=4px%2C0px%2C1992px%2C1332.7428571429px&resize=420%2C281&ssl=1

It's lester holt and his big asssed giant billboard sized forehead.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users