RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: ‘You are paddleboarding next to approximately 15 great white sharks,’ - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

‘You are paddleboarding next to approximately 15 great white sharks,’ Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

‘You are paddleboarding next to approximately 15 great white sharks,’ chopper tells Calif. beachgoers

Travis M. Andrews and Derek Hawkins
Washington Post
5/12/17

EXCERPT:

“You are paddleboarding next to approximately 15 great white sharks,” Deputy Brian Stockbridge announced via a loudspeaker.

Stockbridge was in a helicopter, flying off the coast of Dana Point in Orange County, Calif., at about 2 p.m. local time on Wednesday. And, indeed, swimming in the Pacific Ocean below and clearly visible from the air, were several great white sharks. Their fins rose menacingly from the water as they glided back and forth.

“They are advising you exit the water in a calm manner,” Stockbridge added. “The sharks are as close as the surf line.”

No one was hurt, and OC Lifeguards Chief Jason Young said the situation wasn’t dire enough to call for an ocean closure, which only occurs when the sharks are more than 8 feet long or acting aggressively.
(Full Story)

#2 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

We're gonna need a bigger paddle.

#3 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

View PostModerator T, on 12 May 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

“You are paddleboarding next to approximately 15 great white sharks,” Deputy Brian Stockbridge announced via a loudspeaker.

Deputy Stockbridge deserve a commendation for preventing those innocent sharks from accidentally ingesting Californian.

#4 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

Are we really sure they where Sharks and not California tax collectors? Personally speaking I don't see much difference.

Oki

#5 User is online   Adam Smithee 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

‘You are paddleboarding next to approximately 15 great white sharks,’ chopper tells Calif. beachgoers

Washington Post
5/12/17

EXCERPT:

Stockbridge was in a helicopter, flying off the coast of Dana Point in Orange County, Calif., at about 2 p.m. local time on Wednesday. And, indeed, swimming in the Pacific Ocean below and clearly visible from the air, were several great white sharks. Their fins rose menacingly from the water as they glided back and forth.

“They are advising you exit the water in a calm manner,” Stockbridge added. “The sharks are as close as the surf line.”

I'm thinking those paddleboarders probably now DEFINITELY need to launder their swimwear.

(Note to self: If ever paddleboarding off Dana Point, wear brown.)

#6 User is online   Adam Smithee 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

Washington Post
5/12/17

EXCERPT:

No one was hurt, and OC Lifeguards Chief Jason Young said the situation wasn’t dire enough to call for an ocean closure, which only occurs when the sharks are more than 8 feet long or acting aggressively.

Someone help me out: What's a "surf line"??? I'm first inclined to believe it's the area in which waves 'break'. But that doesn't make sense in this context. Why would anyone paddle out beyond that? And, and least in FL and and least on the Atlantic coast, waves break all the way to the beach ("Beach breaks", so to speak).

#7 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

View PostAdam Smithee, on 12 May 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

Someone help me out: What's a "surf line"??? I'm first inclined to believe it's the area in which waves 'break'. But that doesn't make sense in this context. Why would anyone paddle out beyond that? And, and least in FL and and least on the Atlantic coast, waves break all the way to the beach ("Beach breaks", so to speak).

This is California we're talking about. Let's start with, they don't know the difference between illegal and legal, so how would they get surf line right?

#8 User is offline   Alexis 

• <no title>

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

I would have certainly considered that situation "dire"!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users