RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Why Do Trump Supporters Stick With This Guy? - RightNation.US

Why Do Trump Supporters Stick With This Guy? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• ~***~
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:50 PM

Why Do Trump Supporters Stick With This Guy?

The Sacramento Bee
By Andrew Malcolm
Special to The Bee
May 12, 2017 5:00 AM

Excerpt:

Remember when Donald Trump’s presidential campaign first died? It was during his candidacy announcement speech 23 months ago when the billionaire noted Mexico was sending drugs, crime and rapists into the country.

Or the next month when the loud New Yorker with no military service demeaned the Vietnam War record of Sen. John McCain, which included six-plus years of torture as a POW. “I like people who weren’t captured,” Trump said. That was surely the end of Trump’s presidential ambitions.

Then the next month after the first nationally televised GOP primary debate, when moderator Megyn Kelly read a list of his misogynistic comments, a fuming Trump said: “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.”

Then the infamous old video with Trump’s “pussy-grabbing” quote certainly doomed his White House hopes, everyone wrote.

Trump’s outrageous comments didn’t end. “Look at that face!” he said of GOP competitor Carly Fiorina. “Would anyone vote for that?”

But Trump’s campaign didn’t end – not until he won the presidency on Nov. 8 in a stunning upset that still haunts Democrats.

Now, nearly four months through Trump’s first term, the highly educated media elite in Washington, who were so sure they’d be covering the first female president this spring, fully expect Trump’s political base to crumble. They are so determined to find his failing base that they’re wish-casting, writing about it anyway based on flimsy anecdotes.

And they wonder why trust in media has tumbled.

*snip*

A Pew Research Center poll last month found minimal Trump voter remorse, only 7 percent.

A subsequent Washington Post-ABC News poll found even fewer regretful Trump voters, 4 percent. In fact – wait for it – far more voters regretted casting their ballot for Trump’s opponent, Hillary Clinton, 15 percent. But you haven’t read that very much, have you? It doesn’t fit the crumbling Trump base narrative.

In a hypothetical rematch of the November election, Trump easily defeats Clinton in the popular vote, 43 percent to 40 percent. In the real deal she won the popular vote 48 to 46. Of course, Trump won where it mattered, in the Electoral College, 306 to 232, 36 more votes than needed.

Trump’s early job approval is historically the worst of any new president since such polling began. Too early to tell if Trump’s latest firing, this time of the FBI director, will have any effect on Trump’s loyal posse.

The trouble for Trump opponents is that those who do approve of Trump are sticking with him. Although at one point this winter his job approval dipped into the 30s, it’s now hovering in the mid-40s, right around his percentage of the popular vote last fall.

*snip*

Full Commentary

#2 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:27 PM

This is from the Sacramento Bee?

#3 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

Buzz, Buzz off bee.

Some people will never get it. :biglaugh:

#4 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:56 AM

Because the alternative was orders of magnitude worse.

Hillary is STILL not president.

#5 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:50 AM

Sacramento Bee, the finest in Yellow Journalism.

#6 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:54 AM

View PostJerryL, on 13 May 2017 - 03:56 AM, said:

Because the alternative was orders of magnitude worse.

Hillary is STILL not president.

Yup, yay!!

The left always leaves that part out, don't they?

#7 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:27 AM

Why Do Trump Supporters Stick With This Guy?
Why do smarmy journalists think they know more than those of us who are sticking with "this guy."

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 13 May 2017 - 07:27 AM

#8 User is offline   WillieChuck 

• <no title>

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:29 AM

Because he's a "git er done" kind of guy and we judge him on his results not his rhetoric. As opposed to believing all the rhetoric and not seeing any results. I could do without the tweets, but he does it to intentionally poke his finger in the eye of those who hate him to create distractions and cover for his cabinet so they can produce the results he promised. The focus is always on him, and they can operate "at will" under the radar to further his agenda.

This was actually reported on local news here in the St Louis Metro: "President Trump threatens to end press briefings". That was the headline with no context for this obviously sarcastic response to their insistence that because he doesn't discuss every detail of every decision with everyone on his staff before he announces it, the WH is somehow in disarray and chaotic. I mean the LSM media is used to getting their talking points from the WH so everyone says the same thing about every "crises" they could come up and demonstrate they are all "literally" on the same to page, to push he same narrative, regardless of the facts. Everything Trump does in the public realm is to simply expose, for all to see, the sheer hypocrisy of the left and the collusion of the LSM with the left. They fall for it every time. Meanwhile, sh#@ continues to get done on our behalf while not being reported by the LSM.

#9 User is online   Jon Wayne 

• <no title>

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:45 AM

How pathetic. They keep going with all the same election campaign bs that didn't work for them last November. Their meltdowns are the gifts that keep on giving. Thanks Donald!

#10 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

View PostWillieChuck, on 13 May 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

Because he's a "git er done" kind of guy and we judge him on his results not his rhetoric.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, on a visit to Washington, said on Wednesday that his discussions with people in the Trump administration persuaded him they were people of action who wanted to cut deals and solve problems.

"Now our dialogue is free of the ideologisation that was characteristic of the Obama administration," Lavrov said. "The Trump administration, and the president himself, and the Secretary of State, I was persuaded of this once again today, are people of action."

Lavrov said the administration officials "want to reach agreements not for the sake of showing off their achievements in terms of ideological preferences, but to reach agreements into order to resolve specific issues."

(source)

#11 User is offline   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

Did you guys even read the article? It was pretty pro Trump.

#12 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:41 AM

View PostRedSoloCup, on 13 May 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

Sacramento Bee, the finest in Yellow Journalism.

You anti-Asian racist! Derp.

#13 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:51 AM

View Postcorporal_little, on 13 May 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

Did you guys even read the article? It was pretty pro Trump.

See post # 2

#14 User is offline   Diamond369 

• <no title>

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:30 AM

He comes across as unlikeable, but could ha be less likeable than the alternative? How would most of the MSM cover his presidency if he were a Democrat? I personally am one who votes on the issues, despite how he sometimes comes across.

#15 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

View PostSeverian, on 13 May 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

You anti-Asian racist! Derp.

:biglaugh:

#16 User is offline   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:38 AM

View Postfirecoco, on 13 May 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

See post # 2

I think you and I are the only ones who read it.

#17 User is offline   Liz 

• ~***~

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:41 PM

View Postcorporal_little, on 14 May 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

I was really surprised at the reaction to this piece except for you and firecoco. Andrew Malcolm has been one of my favorites for quite a while now. He contributed regularly to Investor's Business Daily and over the years, I've posted many of his opinion pieces.

#18 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:36 PM

Well, I will admit, I (thought I) read it--but it must have gone over my head.

#19 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

corporal_little, on 14 May 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

Seven paragraphs in and it was obvious that it was not an anti-Trump article. The 8th paragraph solidified it.

Now, nearly four months through Trump’s first term, the highly educated media elite in Washington, who were so sure they’d be covering the first female president this spring, fully expect Trump’s political base to crumble. They are so determined to find his failing base that they’re wish-casting, writing about it anyway based on flimsy anecdotes.

And they wonder why trust in media has tumbled.

#20 User is offline   Liz 

• ~***~

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:31 PM

Wag-a-Muffin (D), on 15 May 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

Well, I will admit, I (thought I) read it--but it must have gone over my head.

You were probably just distracted.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users