RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Fox News Channel ratings are collapsing - RightNation.US

Fox News Channel ratings are collapsing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

Fox News Channel ratings are collapsing

http://www.americanthinker.com
By Thomas Lifson
May 13, 2017

Article:

The tectonic plates of cable news ratings are shifting, as Fox News struggles to recover from sexual harassment scandals and the departure of its most popular host, Bill O'Reilly. As the de facto champion of conservative views in the mass media, Fox News plays a vital role in the conservative movement, and these developments are a little scary, even for those of us who resent the recent drift of the channel.

The TV Newser ratings summaries tell the story. Compare the data from random pre-scandal date of Thursday, November 17, 2016 with the latest, Thursday, May 11.

Pre-scandal, FNC comfortably won the prime demo (age 25-54, the group that interests advertisers) in both prime time and all day. In prime time, FNC's 646,000 prime demo viewers were more than double either CNN (234%) or MSNBC (217.5%) totals on a November 2016 Thursday. The ratios were even better for Fox in the all-day traffic for the prime demo: 274% of MSNBC and 218% of CNN's prime demo viewers.

Shoty Story

#2 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:13 PM

What did you expect?

#3 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

That's because so many have FINALLY awakened to the truth and the conspiracies by the powers that be to keep the public all dumbed down, gullible and propagandized for the progressive globalist agendas.

Fox was also as guilty as the rest of the lamestream media in doing just that.

#4 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

The really cool part is that I don't watch any TV. I have a brain and don't need anyone to tell me how to think.

#5 User is offline   Big Dave 

• ...and yes, I am compensating for something.
  • View gallery

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:43 PM

View Postintotheblackhole, on 13 May 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

The really cool part is that I don't watch any TV. I have a brain and don't need anyone to tell me how to think.

:exactly:
Fox news people have become just like the other Washington media types....IMHO

#6 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

Being temporarily exiled to Atlanta, I watch Fox 5 in the AM to get a feel for weather and traffic. And to keep up with the latest murders in Gwinnett and DeKalb counties.

By rights, as a former strip club manager, I should probably watch CBS 46 whose local anchor Sharon Reed once ran around stark nekkid in a Spencer Tunick film. Meh. CBS is way too left for my taste and EVEN nudity doesn't get me past that.

(Sudden dearth of posts here on RN as all the guys are googling Sharon Reed Nekkid)

#7 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

And it would be remiss of me not to mention that the longstanding "go-to" of has-beens is Playboy.

I wonder if there's not already a "Women of Fox News" in the works?

#8 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

While I was no O'Reilly fan, I was already sick and tired of listening to the likes of Geraldo and Shep Smith. Then they went and hired all of these young female leftists talking heads for nearly every program on the channel and I'm just tired of listening to their MSM AKA Democrat daily talking points.

#9 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:35 PM

View Postilja, on 13 May 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

While I was no O'Reilly fan, I was already sick and tired of listening to the likes of Geraldo and Shep Smith. Then they went and hired all of these young female leftists talking heads for nearly every program on the channel and I'm just tired of listening to their MSM AKA Democrat daily talking points.

I will admit, I USED TO like O'Rielly. Probably through most of the '00s. Came a point, though, where he got too full of himself; it became about HIM rather than the issue at hand.

#10 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:03 PM

WISH THAT,In the ATL area at least, I could shift to NEWSMAX (CH 9.1)

DAMN. They have some things to say but they are not "news". And, yes, while I appreciate the umpteenth documentary on Hitler et al, can we MOVE BEYOND that?

#11 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

No big deal. They're going thru some changes and it will turn around. :coffeenpc:

#12 User is offline   MASH4077 

• Wondergirl

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

I hope you're right. I didn't watch for months after the primary last year, cause Fox went after Trump big time and it was just too nerve-racking. My favorite thing to do in a fit of boredom, is to you.tube the election night results and commentary on CNN, MSNBC and FOX. The shock is a beautiful thing. Fox needs to get a grip and remember who it's viewers really are.

#13 User is offline   MissAlwaysRight 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:53 PM

FOX News is still the best of the TV media, but, really, in this day and age, who needs it? The Internet rules all.

#14 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:09 PM

View PostBig Dave, on 13 May 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

:exactly:
Fox news people have become just like the other Washington media types....IMHO

It's all hype to sell advertising. Everything is a "news alert". They work hard to make the smallest event a major issue. Can't trust any of them.

#15 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:50 AM

Just another example of Americans tuning out media.gov.

#16 User is offline   Diamond369 

• <no title>

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:00 AM

I am not surprised anymore. ALL of the netowrks, including FOX news lack the objectivity to tell an actual story. FOX is still the best of the bunch as CNN is even worse.

#17 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:21 AM

I blame Tucker Carlson.

Dude has the charisma of a raw oyster.

#18 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:46 AM

View PostTikk, on 14 May 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

I blame Tucker Carlson.

Dude has the charisma of a raw oyster.

(I like raw oysters)

But presuming you meant "unpleasant", I basically agree with you: I'm not much of a Tucker Carlson fan.

However I disagree with the basic flavor of several of the posts in this thread. FoxNews has always presented itself as "Fair and Balanced", and an honest assessment of that phrase means presenting both sides of things. And that's exactly what they do: They include left-leaning commentary in addition to their right-leaning commentary. Perfectly fair and balanced, and I applaud them for it. People like Geraldo Rivera, Shepard Smith, etc, keep them fair and balanced.

For years the left has unfairly accused FoxNews of being "hard-core right-wing", and up 'til now, they've been wrong. But it seems several posters here want the leftists to be right: They seem to want FoxNews to be just as guilty as the left-wing media of presenting only one side of the issues; The side they agree with.

I prefer FoxNews just the way it is: Middle of the road, both sides presented.

B)

#19 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

More proof that the left is in a tailspin snit because their regime didn't get a reboot.

I don't watch Fox News but I do follow the links that get posted here and whenever a headline catches my eye on line, but I agree with Monty.

They have always been the most even handed when it comes to content. They give you the fullest picture and facts rather than vomiting propaganda everywhere.

Doesn't mean they are perfect but they do the best job, and because they DO that, the left is on fire to take them down, hence the deluge of accusations of sexual misconduct, etc...

That seems to be the MO of the left, they accuse people of sexual misconduct...

While their candidates are actually sexual predators... or their defenders/enablers...

Gotta love the hypocrisy.

#20 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 14 May 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

More proof that the left is in a tailspin snit because their regime didn't get a reboot.

I don't watch Fox News but I do follow the links that get posted here and whenever a headline catches my eye on line, but I agree with Monty.

They have always been the most even handed when it comes to content. They give you the fullest picture and facts rather than vomiting propaganda everywhere.

Doesn't mean they are perfect but they do the best job, and because they DO that, the left is on fire to take them down, hence the deluge of accusations of sexual misconduct, etc...

That seems to be the MO of the left, they accuse people of sexual misconduct...

While their candidates are actually sexual predators... or their defenders/enablers...

Gotta love the hypocrisy.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users