RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump fu traps James Comey? - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump fu traps James Comey? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:00 AM

Trump fu traps James Comey?

http://www.americanthinker.com
By James Lewis
May 14, 2017

Article:

According to Jim Comey (who was just fired as director of the FBI), Trump invited Comey into his parlor and asked him a very tricky question. Now the question is who trapped whom, because they are both quite capable of setting a trap, and at least Comey seems to have stepped into it good.

We don't have an exact quote from the Trump-Comey conversation, but supposedly Trump asked Comey if Comey is loyal to Trump.

If those were the words Trump used, it would be illegal, and, as Larry Tribe instantly told the newsies, it would be "ground for impeachment." Funny how quick Larry came off the mark on that question.

But there were only two witnesses, Trump and Comey, unless the talk was being taped which would also be illegal.

We may never know what was said, but Trump is not a fool, and he knows that Comey is a Clinton appointee who pardoned Ole Bill after he was impeached in 2002.

Comey is likely to be the anti-Trump leaker who's been rousing Washington's killer bloodlust for the last several weeks. If so, Comey would be following in the footsteps of Richard Nixon's Deep Throat, Mark Felt, Sr., who was associate director of the FBI, and who destroyed Nixon using one deadly leak after the next.

In collusion with Ben Bradlee of the Washington Post. Whose editor today would be one Bob Woodward.

Interesting how things come around again

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:39 AM

:whistling:

#3 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:17 AM

View Postpepperonikkid, on 14 May 2017 - 07:00 AM, said:

But there were only two witnesses, Trump and Comey, unless the talk was being taped which would also be illegal.

No, NOT illegal.

If the taping occurred on Federal property such as in the White House, then Federal law applies rather than State law... and Federal law only requires ONE of the parties present to consent. (Some states require ALL parties to consent, but this is Federal)

18 U.S. Code 2511 - Interception and disclosure of wire, oral, or electronic communications prohibited

(d) It shall not be unlawful under this chapter for a person not acting under color of law to intercept a wire, oral, or electronic communication where such person is a party to the communication or where one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent to such interception unless such communication is intercepted for the purpose of committing any criminal or tortious act in violation of the Constitution or laws of the United States or of any State

#4 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:38 AM

View Postpepperonikkid, on 14 May 2017 - 07:00 AM, said:

We don't have an exact quote from the Trump-Comey conversation, but supposedly Trump asked Comey if Comey is loyal to Trump.

If those were the words Trump used, it would be illegal, and, as Larry Tribe instantly told the newsies, it would be "ground for impeachment."

I'm not convinced THAT is illegal EITHER. There's nothing at all with declaring loyalty to a person, per se, AS LONG AS you're not MORE loyal to that person than to the law or the constitution.

Hell, even *I* once swore an oath of loyalty to the President. Even if it was Jimmy Carter at the time. As did everyone who has evey joined the military under ANY president.

10 U.S. Code 502 - Enlistment oath: who may administer

(a)Enlistment Oath.

Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath:

I, __________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Sheesh. The author is flat-out wrong on BOTH points of his case. This friggin' article is worthless.

#5 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

View PostAdam Smithee, on 14 May 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

No, NOT illegal.

If the taping occurred on Federal property such as in the White House, then Federal law applies rather than State law... and Federal law only requires ONE of the parties present to consent. (Some states require ALL parties to consent, but this is Federal)

18 U.S. Code 2511 - Interception and disclosure of wire, oral, or electronic communications prohibited

(d) It shall not be unlawful under this chapter for a person not acting under color of law to intercept a wire, oral, or electronic communication where such person is a party to the communication or where one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent to such interception unless such communication is intercepted for the purpose of committing any criminal or tortious act in violation of the Constitution or laws of the United States or of any State

Wanna' bet the Whitehouse has a sign on the door which says all communications are subject to being monitored?
And of coarse what is a conversation?

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users