RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: When Will Republicans Wake Up? - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

When Will Republicans Wake Up? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:34 PM

Toure Neblett's column at Daily Beast

When Will the GOP Finally Wake Up to President Trump?

http://www.thedailyb...president-trump

Toure Neblett writes, "I really donít know what they see in him." Then, he offers three things he believes Republicans see in Trump:

First, itís him. Many Republicans simply like him. They admire him in a way that few politicians will ever know. Second, there's the continuing disinformation campaign flowing out of the programming of Fox News and right wing radio. Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Rush Limbaugh, et al, love Trump and paint a fantasy portrait where a great man is getting things done and sticking it to the spineless Democrats every chance and protecting the country. Third, itís race. Of course itís partly about raceódo you really think any major American conversation isnít, at some level, going to involve race? I love the 2011 Harvard study called "Whites See Racism As A Zero Sum Game That They Are Now Losing.Ē It lays bare whatís really going on: the gains Black Americans have made over the past several decades is very threatening for a lot of white people.

In that world, Trump restores whiteness to the throne of supremacy. He is an avatar for white privilege unapologetically asserting itself. He's like the human example of pissing on your territory to make sure the other animals know it's yours. He is making whiteness great again. And for that theyíll love him forever.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No mention of the drastic drop in illegal immigration. No mention of the dozens of Obama-imposed regulations Trump has rolled back. No mention of the nomination and confirmation of Justice Neil Gorsuch. Instead, Neblett blames Trump's popularity among Republicans on Fox News, talk radio, and white racists. Worst of all, Neblett misses one of the main reasons Trump is popular among Republicans: Journos like Toure Neblett can't stand him.

#2 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:43 PM

Just seeing the title, I thought it was going in the opposite direction, i.e.:

First, Obamacare repeal. When will all of the GOP band together and come up with something that will pass senate and lower costs to middle America?

Second, tax reform. When will GOP prioritize cutting entitlements and lower costs to middle America so they can start saving again?

Third, illegal immigration and protection from foreign terrorist entry to the US. When will GOP agree to make a concrete (ha) plan to build the wall and explain common sense measures on "refugees" to middle America?

Fourth, embarrassment over Trump's tweets. When will they stop getting dragged into meaningless side shows like the one about Comey and Russians, and focus on getting the right people confirmed into agencies and departments to drain them of the Obama apppintees?

This post has been edited by zurg: 14 May 2017 - 12:44 PM

#3 User is offline   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint
  • Group: Gold

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:48 PM

Democrats and leftists lie to themselves and to the world when they try to claim Republicans and conservatives are racists.

The Republican Party was founded on the abolition of slavery and the Republican Party is responsible for all the real gains in civil rights.

History, past and present, proves time and again that it is Democrats and leftists that are the racists.

#4 User is offline   Big Dave 

• ...and yes, I am compensating for something.
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:09 PM

A "Progressive" telling conservatives what's good for them....and a guy who thinks he so famous he only needs to use his first name....

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:29 PM

The writer lost all credibility the moment he said "whiteness".

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:42 PM

Third, itís race. Of course itís partly about raceódo you really think any major American conversation isnít, at some level, going to involve race? I love the 2011 Harvard study called "Whites See Racism As A Zero Sum Game That They Are Now Losing.Ē It lays bare whatís really going on: the gains Black Americans have made over the past several decades is very threatening for a lot of white people.

*yawn*

I'd never heard of the author before, so I googled his name. What a "shock" (not) that he's black. Another standard case of a perpetual victim attitude. Get over yourself, Toure. I'm so sick and f*****g tired of you race-baiters I can taste the bile in my throat. GFY.

<_<

#7 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:43 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 14 May 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

*yawn*

I'd never heard of the author before, so I googled his name. What a "shock" (not) that he's black. Another standard case of a perpetual victim attitude. Get over yourself, Toure. I'm so sick and f*****g tired of you race-baiters I can taste the bile in my throat. GFY.

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

Damnit Monty....been telling you for years now to just tell us how you really feel! No sense in sugar coating it. :biglaugh:

#8 User is online   Adam Smithee 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

View Postzurg, on 14 May 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

Just seeing the title, I thought it was going in the opposite direction, i.e.:

First, Obamacare repeal. When will all of the GOP band together and come up with something that will pass senate and lower costs to middle America?

How about "NEVER"?

The GOP *NEEDS* the word "Obamacare" to exist; it's the whipping boy for EVERYTHING that's wrong with healthcare today.

When the GOP can no longer blame "ObamaCare" for all that's wrong then THEY will "own" healthcare - a thought that brings most GOPers to cold sweats because they're about as prepared for that as a dog is prepared to catch a car it is chasing.

Say... when's the last time the Republican'ts ACTUALLY rolled back ANYTHING? New Deal? Great Society? How about even a measly Amtrak?

#9 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:20 PM

View PostUSNJIMRET, on 14 May 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Damnit Monty....been telling you for years now to just tell us how you really feel! No sense in sugar coating it. :biglaugh:

Well you know how bashful I am...

;)

:D

#10 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:38 PM

I stopped reading at Toure. He is a joke. The only reason he has a job is because he is black and goes by the name Toure.

Can't stand that idiot.

#11 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:12 AM

Toure-ttes is a race baiting douche. Enough said.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users