RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Pansy America's New Bill of 'Rights' - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pansy America's New Bill of 'Rights' Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:07 PM

Pansy America's New Bill of 'Rights'

http://www.americanthinker.com
By Justin O. Smith
May 15, 2017

Article:

Americans have become a wilting, withering mass of weak, needy crybabies who have departed far and away from the strength of back, intellect, and character of America's Founders, who created a system that none other has ever equaled. Rather than follow along the path that made America a strong, economically thriving and prosperous nation, many Americans, especially Millennials, pursue petty and paltry pleasures, as would a sloth and a glutton, and claim their slightest whim to be a "right."

Some things, like food, shelter, clothing, water, and health care, are critical to our lives. However, they are not "rights." Even if they were made rights, this would set in motion a confiscatory requirement to satisfy that right at the expense of others, much as America currently chafes against our current welfare system.

Just as many of us witnessed Tennessee's House Democrats release a collection of fifty bills called "The People's Bill of Rights" in February 2017, more and more, Americans hear a clamor from their progressive countrymen of all rank and file, for wants and desires to be provided through government funds, the taxpayers' dollars. Now, not only do many across the nation demand health care as a right, but they also demand a $15-per-hour minimum wage and free university educations.

In March, Chris Enloe of TheBlaze reported Senator Kamala Harris (D-Calif.)'s tweet, which stated: "Healthcare is a right, not a privilege."

My good friend, retired U.S. Army Colonel Kurt Schlicter, editor for Townhall, tweeted back: "Guns are in the Bill of Rights, but they aren't one [according to Democrats]. The right to have one pay for your healthcare is not [in the Bill of Rights], but it's a right?"

In a study published by the Heritage Foundation, Robert Rector and Rachel Sheffield detail in the ranks of America's contemporary poor that eighty percent have air-conditioning, fifty percent own a personal computer and can access the internet, and two thirds have cable TV. A household receiving $50,000 in welfare benefits is still considered poor if its pre-welfare income falls below the poverty line, even though its members are living, in many respects, better than the middle class of 1964.

According to Rector and Sheffield, our government has spent 22 trillion U.S. taxpayer dollars fighting poverty since 1964 and President Johnson's Great Society. The study also documents and charts $1 trillion spent annually on 90 means-tested welfare programs.

Over one hundred years of Marxist propaganda, the kind found in President Woodrow Wilson's treatise entitled "Constitutional Government in the United States" and President Franklin Roosevelt's 1944 "Second Bill of Rights," seems to have done its mischief well. Arguing for corrupting the Constitution, Wilson saw it as a vessel to further the progressives' agenda, while FDR viewed it as a means to assure equality, "economic security," and the pursuit of happiness. Wilson spoke of our rights as "privilege," and FDR framed them as "political rights."

Our rights are God-given and natural, and they exist simultaneously among all people. The rights of free speech, freedom of religion, trial by jury, freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are inalienable rights. They are not privileges to be granted or rescinded, as some past presidents, Obama included, have interpreted them. And in the pursuit of "true individual freedom" through "economic security," Roosevelt and Obama offered the antithesis of the right to one's own private property.

A true right does not impose any obligation on another. One's rights to free speech, religious liberty, self-defense, and assembly, among others, impose no obligations on anyone else, except to allow each other to use these rights without interference.

Ayn Rand wrote in 1961 ("Man's Rights"), "If some men are entitled by right to the product of the work of others, it means that those others are deprived of rights and condemned to slave labor."

Full Story

#2 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:18 PM

View Postpepperonikkid, on 15 May 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

Just as many of us witnessed Tennessee's House Democrats release a collection of fifty bills called "The People's Bill of Rights" in February 2017

I missed this. Something tells me that the bills included free housing, free meals, free sunscreen, and a whole lot of cotton.

#3 User is offline   AnnieGotHerGun 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 15 May 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

I missed this. Something tells me that the bills included free housing, free meals, free sunscreen, and a whole lot of cotton.

I had not heard of this, either. Our country allowed those that can put entitlements in place and now the snowball is so big it cannot be contained. So many want a slice of what they think is free pie. I doubt they stop to think what it costs the bakers of that pie in toil and sweat.
I have kids from church here this week, doing some work around our place. One is wanting to earn cash for her rodeo fees this week. One is saving up for a new phone. Two are out cleaning the barn right now so they'll have date money for this weekend. None of the work is glorious, but they are willing to do it to pay for what they want. I pray society does not corrupt them later in life to the point where they want rodeo fees, phones, and date money just handed to them because they walk this earth.

#4 User is offline   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint
  • Group: Gold

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:26 PM

This will be completely lost on our resident leftists...

#5 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:32 PM

Leftists argue that we are born due to no fault of our own. Therefore, because we aren't to blame for our births, and we are unwittingly thrust into the world, the world owes us an upkeep.

Interestingly, an abortion in this thought process becomes a good thing, because you don't make the babies cause a burden on others. So, it's actually benevolent to abort babies.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users