RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Gowdy Tells Sessions He's 'Not the Right Person' To Lead F - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gowdy Tells Sessions He's 'Not the Right Person' To Lead F Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• ~***~
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:16 PM

Gowdy Tells Sessions He's 'Not the Right Person' To Lead FBI

PJ Media
By Bridget Johnson
May 15, 2017

Excerpt:

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) said he told Attorney General Jeff Sessions today that he didn't believe he would be the right guy for FBI director.

Gowdy has been mentioned on some shortlists to replace James Comey, along with Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas), former Trump transition team member and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers (R-Ala.), Bush-era Assistant Attorney General Alice Fisher, acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, Bush-era counterterrorism advisor Frances Townsend, and Boeing general counsel J. Michael Luttig. Besides McCabe, other career FBI officials are reportedly being considered as well.

The House was out of session when Comey's firing hit the headlines last week, and Gowdy was away on a House Intelligence Committee "mission" before getting to sit down with Sessions on Saturday and again on Monday, the congressman said.

Gowdy, a former prosecutor who led the House Select Committee on Benghazi, said he shared with Sessions "the qualities I believe are indispensable for our next FBI director to possess" and his "firm conviction that I would not be the right person."

"I greatly appreciate the attorney general speaking with me and respecting my decision and I wish him wisdom as he interviews potential candidates," he added.

Gowdy stressed "how indispensable it is that we respect our justice system and that it be worthy of our respect."

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:03 AM

While I would have been pleasantly surprised if he had been nominated, I'm sorry to read this. I sure hope Trump isn't going to nominate someone who will be another democrat/RINO leaker.

#3 User is offline   De Oppresso Liber 

• Illuminaughty
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

Gowdy continues to cement himself in my view as one of the best.

#4 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

De Oppresso Liber said:

1494958459[/url]' post='685427571']
Gowdy continues to cement himself in my view as one of the best.

I wonder if he is simply looking at eveyone that has associated themselves with Trump and measuring whether those people are better or worse for it.

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

No, he's not the right person because every FBI head has to be a corrupt lying sack.

#6 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:40 PM

View PostDutch13, on 16 May 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

I wonder if he is simply looking at eveyone that has associated themselves with Trump and measuring whether those people are better or worse for it.

I don't think it's Trump. I think it's what's under the surface in the FBI.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users