RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Family's private investigator: There is evidence Seth Rich had con - RightNation.US

Family's private investigator: There is evidence Seth Rich had con Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:37 AM

Family's private investigator: There is evidence Seth Rich had contact with WikiLeaks prior to death

Marina Marraco
Fox 5 DC
5/15/17

EXCERPT:

It has been almost a year since Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich was murdered in the nation's capital. There have been no solid answers about why he was killed until now.

Rich was shot and killed last July in Northwest D.C and police have suggested the killing in the District's Bloomingdale neighborhood was a botched robbery. However, online conspiracy theories have tied the murder to Rich's work at the DNC.

Just two months shy of the one-year anniversary of Rich's death, FOX 5 has learned there is new information that could prove these theorists right.

Rod Wheeler, a private investigator hired by the Rich family, suggests there is tangible evidence on Rich's laptop that confirms he was communicating with WikiLeaks prior to his death.

Now, questions have been raised on why D.C. police, the lead agency on this murder investigation for the past ten months, have insisted this was a robbery gone bad when there appears to be no evidence to suggest that.

Wheeler, a former D.C. police homicide detective, is running a parallel investigation into Rich’s murder. He said he believes there is a cover-up and the police department has been told to back down from the investigation.

"The police department nor the FBI have been forthcoming,” said Wheeler. “They haven't been cooperating at all. I believe that the answer to solving his death lies on that computer, which I believe is either at the police department or either at the FBI. I have been told both.”

When we asked Wheeler if his sources have told him there is information that links Rich to Wikileaks, he said, “Absolutely. Yeah. That's confirmed."
(Full Story)

#2 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:44 AM

Obama shot him ....I have proof....Someone that knows someone that is a good friend of someone I know saw it

#3 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:53 AM

Please... did you hear the one about Donald Trump eating ice cream? That's Watergate-level stuff.

#4 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

http://s30.postimg.org/83fb7tbm9/56750f970347a385cb4c76aac0f89e1ae66ec865f6d563bf.jpg

#5 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

It seems the Rich family are not happy with Rod Wheeler for speaking out. They say he offered his services to them (he is being paid by a third party), but that he was contractually barred from sharing any evidence with anyone but them.

From the source article:

Wheeler also told us, "I have a source inside the police department that has looked at me straight in the eye and said, ‘Rod, we were told to stand down on this case and I can’t share any information with you.’ Now, that is highly unusual for a murder investigation, especially from a police department. Again, I don’t think it comes from the chief’s office, but I do believe there is a correlation between the mayor's office and the DNC and that is the information that will come out [Tuesday].

#6 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

View PostDutch13, on 16 May 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

It seems the Rich family are not happy with Rod Wheeler for speaking out. They say he offered his services to them (he is being paid by a third party), but that he was contractually barred from sharing any evidence with anyone but them.

From the source article:

I think the Private Investigator was stringing the family along with a load of bull.

"Contractually barred from sharing evidence with anyone but the [third party paying for it]"? No. At a minimum, evidence of a crime - and we ARE talking potentially murder here - would have to be disclosed to the LEO agency having jurisdiction. Or at least make a good-faith attempt. (Nothing says the LEO has to listen, but you have to make at least a bona fide attempt to tell them.) Failure to do so can result in anything from getting a PI license yanked to being charged with 'obstruction' or even as an accessory.

#7 User is offline   De Oppresso Liber 

• Illuminaughty
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 16 May 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

Please... did you hear the one about Donald Trump eating ice cream? That's Watergate-level stuff.

Well, in all fairness, it was two scoops.

Such hedonism should be investigated!

#8 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

View PostDe Oppresso Liber, on 16 May 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

Well, in all fairness, it was two scoops...

...of raisins in a package of Kellogg's Raisin Bran!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/61/ab/23/61ab23894841bbe8f1f714729a41edab.jpg

#9 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:29 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 16 May 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

...of raisins in a package of Kellogg's Raisin Bran!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/61/ab/23/61ab23894841bbe8f1f714729a41edab.jpg

That's exactly what I was thinking.

#10 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:44 PM

Who spread this story to media? And who, if not the family, hired him?

#11 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

View PostLadybird, on 16 May 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

Unnamed sources or former administration officials. At least that seems to be who leaks most stuff to the media these days.

#12 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:24 PM

A big part of was the circumstances of his death and crime scene.
If I remember correctly, nice area, shot and killed but no valuables taken, etc.

Per the whole he was helping Wiki Leaks by providing info and or emails.
With the latter that would only take five minutes for the gov to figure out.
All they gotta' do is pull the sent and receive logs on the Email server for his account. Filter anything that wasn't authorized or .gov(etc)
If they even find one email incoming or outgoing, or even a phone call to anyone in the WikiLeaks organization it changes everything.

There may be something to the WikiLeaks or knowing something damaging, and there may not be.
But there are a few details which don't match up to the botched robbery theory.

https://www.washingt...m=.c167b5f92073

Still, there are the curiosities — a nearly three-hour walk in the wee hours before his death, the valuables left untouched on his body, a surveillance tape that Rich’s family says gives a glimpse of his possible killers’ legs but that police have yet to show to the parents or to the public.

Enough to make people wonder. Enough to draw the interest of a D.C.-based Republican lobbyist, Jack Burkman, who has become a Rich family ally and is offering a $130,000 reward, bringing the total dangling out there for clues to $175,000. Burkman has been canvassing the neighborhood while asserting that the “police have no theory of the case” and that “you can effectively rule out attempted robbery.”

http://www.nbcwashin...-386316391.html

He was talking on the phone with his girlfriend when she heard noise on Rich's end of the line, Mary Rich said. Her son told his girlfriend not to worry about it.

"There had been a struggle. His hands were bruised, his knees are bruised, his face is bruised, and yet he had two shots to his back, and yet they never took anything," she said.

"They took his life for literally no reason. They didn't finish robbing him, they just took his life," Mary Rich continued. "They hurt the community, and they hurt the long-term possibility of what he could have done.

Hillary Clinton spoke about Rich on Tuesday morning, amid remarks in New Hamphire on gun violence.

"Just this past Sunday, a young man, Seth Rich -- who worked for the Democratic National Committee, to expand voting rights -- was shot and killed in his neighborhood in Washington. He was just 27 years old," she said. "Surely we can agree that weapons of war have no place on the streets of America."

A lot of questions.

Oki

#13 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:46 PM

Who spread this story to media?

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Rod Wheeler himself. He's in tight with the beltway media and has a remarkable talent for self-promotion.

And who, if not the family, hired him?

(Allegedly) A businessman/financial advisor named Ed Butowsky. But he's denied it.

There's nothing that says Wheeler HAS to have an actual client. He could be working this "on speculation" - solely in hopes of cashing in on the reward which in this case is over $150K - not to mention all the free publicity.

#14 User is offline   Oathtaker 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

So according g to Fox, there were nearly 45,000 emails and 17,000 attachments sent to Wikileaks.

http://www.foxnews.c...gator-says.html

The article makes a tenuous connection to Rich and Wikileaks though another dead guy MacFayden.

If this holds water, it may be the real reason Comey was fired.

If a connection can be substantiated between Rich and Wikileaks it blows a big hole in the Russian Meddling investigations in Congress. It would possibly set Comey up for prosecution.

#15 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:10 PM

View PostDutch13, on 16 May 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

From the source article:

Yeah who cares, he is onto something and they are either afraid for their lives or they are complicit because they are DNC. Either way this kid died for a reason and it should be known, we all know it wasn't a botched robbery. He would have been stripped naked in 2 seconds in DC if it were a robbery.

#16 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:21 PM

View PostModerator T, on 16 May 2017 - 06:37 AM, said:

"The police department nor the FBI have been forthcoming,” said Wheeler. “They haven't been cooperating at all. I believe that the answer to solving his death lies on that computer, which I believe is either at the police department or either at the FBI. I have been told both.”

"Oh, you mean THAT computer over THERE in the Evidence vault? The one that's been sitting on top the 10 megawatt degaussing coil for the past year? Under the leaky water pipes and right next to where the lightning rod comes down the side of the building?"

YES, I'm inclined to believe that the answer DID lie on that computer. I am equally inclined to believe that this ship probably sailed within a week of the computer landing in DC Police and/or FBI custody, and all that's left on it NOW is a Rick Astley Video.

#17 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:44 PM

http://money.cnn.com...tact/index.html
""But Tuesday afternoon, Wheeler told CNN he had no evidence to suggest Rich had contacted Wikileaks before his death.
Wheeler instead said he only learned about the possible existence of such evidence through the reporter he spoke to for the FoxNews.com story. He explained that the comments he made to WTTG-TV were intended to simply preview Fox News' Tuesday story. The WTTG-TV news director did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

"I only got that [information] from the reporter at Fox News," Wheeler told CNN.

Asked about a quote attributed to him in the Fox News story in which he said his "investigation up to this point shows there was some degree of email exchange between Seth Rich and Wikileaks," Wheeler said he was referring to information that had already been reported in the media.

A Fox News spokesperson did not respond to a request for comment by the time of publication.""

#18 User is offline   Lori 

• Smraty Pnats

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:37 AM

View PostDe Oppresso Liber, on 16 May 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

Well, in all fairness, it was two scoops.

Such hedonism should be investigated!

Ol' Trump Two Scoops

#19 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:04 AM

Ed Butowsky, the person bank rolling this 'investigation' is "a Fox News analyst who has also written articles for Breitbart."
https://www.google.c...chs-murder/amp/

These people don't give a whip about Seth Rich or his grieving family. It's all about using a mans death to further a political narrative. The name Vince Foster comes to mind.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 17 May 2017 - 08:04 AM

#20 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:04 AM

View PostMagic Rat, on 16 May 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Great minds think alike!

:D

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +