RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Green Bay Police helping homeless pets - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Green Bay Police helping homeless pets Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:38 PM

It's a partnership with the Bay Area Humane Society, and Officer Joel Zwicky says it's twofold. He said it's a great way to get exposure for the dogs at the shelter and it provides companionship for the officers on patrol.

The program is only in its second week and Zwicky said there are still some kinks they need to work out.

"We're just trying to figure out how to keep her from clicking my radio and calling the dispatcher all the time and turning on my squad lights," said Zwicky. "She's pulled over three cars last week already."

http://fox11online.c...d-forever-homes

The drivers must be cat lovers....
:thumbsup:

Oki

#2 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

View Postoki, on 17 May 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

It's a partnership with the Bay Area Humane Society, and Officer Joel Zwicky says it's twofold. He said it's a great way to get exposure for the dogs at the shelter and it provides companionship for the officers on patrol.

The program is only in its second week and Zwicky said there are still some kinks they need to work out.

"We're just trying to figure out how to keep her from clicking my radio and calling the dispatcher all the time and turning on my squad lights," said Zwicky. "She's pulled over three cars last week already."

http://fox11online.c...d-forever-homes

The drivers must be cat lovers....

:thumbsup:

Oki

LOL!

Bless them..

#3 User is offline   MADGestic 

• Trey Dae dílea
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:24 PM

Bravo! I'm a supporter of a local no-kill shelter and such places need all the help (and exposure) we can muster.

I tried searching the department's website for "Zwicky" but didn't get any returns. I'm curious about his role there because, unless he's a K9 officer, having a dog in the cruiser can be a big distraction. Maybe he's "public relations"?

Now how about some cats in cop cars?!

"STOP! Or Muffy will claw the heck out of your ankles!"

:coolshades:

#4 User is offline   De Oppresso Liber 

• Illuminaughty
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:39 PM

View PostMADGestic, on 17 May 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

Bravo! I'm a supporter of a local no-kill shelter and such places need all the help (and exposure) we can muster.

I tried searching the department's website for "Zwicky" but didn't get any returns. I'm curious about his role there because, unless he's a K9 officer, having a dog in the cruiser can be a big distraction. Maybe he's "public relations"?

Uh, no. Too likely to side with the suspects.

#5 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:52 AM

View PostMADGestic, on 17 May 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

Cat's are EVIL!!! EVIL I TELL YOU EVIL!!!!

Oki

#6 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:02 AM

View PostLadybird, on 17 May 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

LOL!

Bless them..

For what it's worth with all the news of cops shooting dogs and everything else negative stories like these need to be told.
As being a Green Bay resident I will attest that the vast majority G.B. cops are outstanding. Nearly all I have interacted are very community orientated family people who love their community. G.B. as a whole is a very very pet friendly city and most all of it's officers love aminals. in general.
I see this all the time. Even the Dog catchers do their utmost to treat their 'catches' with kindness and compassion.

Oki

#7 User is offline   Diamond369 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:12 AM

That is a sweet story. However, I do have a question or two? I like animals too, but why is it that some people show more love to animals than they do homeless people? Correct me if I am wrong, but why would they feel bad if a homeless pet is caged but don't feel so bad if a homeless person ends up in jail for a minor offense or something like that? Isn't the lack of compassion hypocritical?

#8 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:24 AM

View PostDiamond369, on 20 May 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

That is a sweet story. However, I do have a question or two? I like animals too, but why is it that some people show more love to animals than they do homeless people? Correct me if I am wrong, but why would they feel bad if a homeless pet is caged but don't feel so bad if a homeless person ends up in jail for a minor offense or something like that? Isn't the lack of compassion hypocritical?

I think the reason is people tend to see animals(like small children) as being innocent and their circumstances not being that of their own making. For what it's worth G.B. does have a homeless problem, but I don't think it's as bad as other cities. Local groups such as Salvation Army, Festival Foods, N.E.W. Community Shelter, even da' Packers do quite a bit to help. I won't say it's 'under control' as some people don't have a fixed address but they will stay with friends or relatives vs sleeping on the street. But, I will say it's not as obvious as other cities due to the fact you don't really see people pushing the carts or sleeping on the sidewalk. We all know it exists and try to help out some when we can though.

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users