RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Robert Mueller appointed special counsel - RightNation.US

Robert Mueller appointed special counsel Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:39 PM

Robert Mueller appointed special counsel

http://www.cbsnews.com
Last Updated May 17, 2017

Article:

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller to serve as special counsel to oversee the previously confirmed investigation of Russian efforts to influential the 2016 Presidential election and related matters.

"I have determined that a Special Counsel is necessary in order for the American people to have full confidence in the outcome," Rosenstein said in a statement.

The letter announcing the appointment reads that Mueller is authorized to investigate "any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and...any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation."

The appointment comes as numerous Democratic lawmakers have called for a special counsel, colloquially known as a special prosecutor. Such calls increased in recent days after Mr. Trump fired FBI Director James Comey. On Tuesday, it was revealed the Comey had written a memo alleging that Mr. Trump had asked him to back off from investigation former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. The memo allegedly says that the president said, in a private conversation with Comey at the White House, ""I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."

Short Story

#2 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

Do any of you believe that the Obamunist administration would have done this to one of their own?

The establishment GOP wants to cut the legs out from under Trump because he's a threat to the criminal regime to which they are a part.

#3 User is offline   patwfox 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:35 PM

The republicans are sooooo weak. How can this be when they control every branch of the federal government and a majority of the state governments?!?! What do you call it when a special counsel is appointed without the allegation of a specific crime? A witch hunt!!!!

#4 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:21 PM

View Postpatwfox, on 17 May 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

The republicans are sooooo weak. How can this be when they control every branch of the federal government and a majority of the state governments?!?! What do you call it when a special counsel is appointed without the allegation of a specific crime? A witch hunt!!!!

It's also called "attack and marginalize".

They all know that their allegation is completely false, yet they pursue it in order to purposely mire down Trump to stop him from draining the swamp.

#5 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

Oh, this is PERFECT. Mueller is the right person at the right time for the right job.

I mean, IF in the Smithee Organization there existed a task that I didn't really want done but felt pressured to hire someone to do it, I would hire a person of such spotless reputation, beyond reproach, whom I could count on to perform the task to the penultimate of punctiliousness with every 'i' and 't' dotted and crossed meticulously yet by the end without actually producing diddly-squat beyond volumes of meticulously organized and cross-referenced reports. And for THAT there is no better candidate than... Robert Mueller.

With Robert "can't-comment-on-an-open-case" Mueller on the job, this practically guarantees the issue goes away for at least 3-4 years. Maybe even 5 or 6.

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:43 PM

View PostAdam Smithee, on 17 May 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

Oh, this is PERFECT. Mueller is the right person at the right time for the right job.

I mean, IF in the Smithee Organization there existed a task that I didn't really want done but felt pressured to hire someone to do it, I would hire a person of such spotless reputation, beyond reproach, whom I could count on to perform the task to the penultimate of punctiliousness with every 'i' and 't' dotted and crossed meticulously yet by the end without actually producing diddly-squat beyond volumes of meticulously organized and cross-referenced reports. And for THAT there is no better candidate than... Robert Mueller.

With Robert "can't-comment-on-an-open-case" Mueller on the job, this practically guarantees the issue goes away for at least 3-4 years. Maybe even 5 or 6.

Penultimate? You want second-to-last?

https://www.merriam-...enultimate-mean

#7 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

View PostRock N, on 17 May 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

It's also called "attack and marginalize".

They all know that their allegation is completely false, yet they pursue it in order to purposely mire down Trump to stop him from draining the swamp.

:yeahthat:

The republicans are sooooo weak. How can this be when they control every branch of the federal government and a majority of the state governments?!?!

They own the media, the unspoken 4th Branch of the Federal Gov't.

#8 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 17 May 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

Penultimate? You want second-to-last?

https://www.merriam-...enultimate-mean

Possibly an apocryphal story, but legend has it that during the cold war there was a competition between teams from the USA and the USSR. Pravda wrote it up as "Our glorious team came in second, while the Americans came in next-to-last". Another version as posted on Y-Combinator. :whistling:

#9 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:21 PM

Rock N said:

1495063080[/url]' post='685427886']
Do any of you believe that the Obamunist administration would have done this to one of their own?

The establishment GOP wants to cut the legs out from under Trump because he's a threat to the criminal regime to which they are a part.

We have 8 years proof that Obama wouldn't have allowed it.
We have 4 months evidence that Trump has very little control of anything. GWB faced just as much as opposition, he just chose not to pizz into the wind.

Adam Smithee said:

1495066994[/url]' post='685427898']

Now, if only the President could learn something from Mueller and stop commenting. Maybe someone in the White House could create Trump an anonymous identity to tweet from behind.

This post has been edited by Dutch13: 17 May 2017 - 08:25 PM

#10 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

View PostDutch13, on 17 May 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

We have 8 years proof that Obama wouldn't have allowed it.
We have 4 months evidence that Trump has very little control of anything. GWB faced just as much as opposition, he just chose not to pizz into the wind.

Now, if only the President could learn something from Mueller and stop commenting. Maybe someone in the White House could create Trump an anonymous identity to tweet from behind.

Yes, GWB had it (arguably)(almost) as bad. And yes, of course, GWB stole the election don'cha know.

May of '00? Yeah, the Dems were still snivelling over the loss, with GWB being largely derided in the MSM as a 'caretaker' president who didn't really "win" but was just sitting in the seat. I can't recall ANYTHING that GWB had done by May '00; He didn't really come into his own until 9/11.

#11 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:00 PM

Adam Smithee said:

1495071712[/url]' post='685427915']
Yes, GWB had it (arguably)(almost) as bad. And yes, of course, GWB stole the election don'cha know.

May of '00? Yeah, the Dems were still snivelling over the loss, with GWB being largely derided in the MSM as a 'caretaker' president who didn't really "win" but was just sitting in the seat. I can't recall ANYTHING that GWB had done by May '00; He didn't really come into his own until 9/11.

GWB had not even accepted the nomination of the republican party in May '00 ��......but by June 2001, I think he had already signed tax cuts into law. There wasn't a vacant Supreme Court seat for him to fill. He didn't follow a President that had signed tons of Executive Orders that needed overturning.

GWB was smart enough not to antagonize folks that buy ink by the barrell.

What has Trump done? Has he come into his own?

This post has been edited by Dutch13: 17 May 2017 - 09:01 PM

#12 User is offline   GrimV 

• <no title>

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:16 PM

The allegation is Obstruction of Justice.

And as Trump's Biggest Fan (...he said sarcastically) even I have to admit the evidence is a little thin.

Oh sure, the Drama Queens in the Democratic Party will advertise it as the Crime of the Century. On par with Pol Pot's Killing Fields and Kanye's latest abortion, with plenty of support from the 4th Estate. But proving a quid pro quo looks insurmountable; which, far as I know, is all they've got.

#13 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:32 PM

View PostGrimV, on 17 May 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

And as Trump's Biggest Fan (...he said sarcastically) even I have to admit the evidence is a little thin.

Oh sure, the Drama Queens in the Democratic Party will advertise it as the Crime of the Century. On par with Pol Pot's Killing Fields and Kanye's latest abortion, with plenty of support from the 4th Estate. But proving a quid pro quo looks insurmountable; which, far as I know, is all they've got.

:thumbsup:

#14 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:10 PM

But proving a quid pro quo looks insurmountable; which, far as I know, is all they've got.

Don't forget that there has been a joint task force (including the Office of the DNI, the NSA,CIA, DoJ, Treasury, and the FBI) investigating Russian/Kremlin money going into the 2016 campaign since last April, and that Sergey Kislyak took a lot of meetings around the time of the GOP convention.

This excerpt from a letter from former Senator Harry Reid (after receiving a "Gang of 8" briefing) is a handy reminder that Comey knows everything about everything:

"In my communications with you and other top officials in the national security community, it has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and co-ordination between Donald Trump, his top advisers, and the Russian government - a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States"

...and Comey is about to go rogue.

This post has been edited by That_Guy: 17 May 2017 - 10:10 PM

#15 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:15 PM

View PostThat_Guy, on 17 May 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

...and Comey is about to go rogue.

So you like him again then? You didn't in October

#16 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:18 PM

Don't forget that there has been a joint task force (including the Office of the DNI, the NSA,CIA, DoJ, Treasury, and the FBI) investigating Russian/Kremlin money going into the 2016 campaign since last April, and that Sergey Kislyak took a lot of meetings around the time of the GOP convention.

And yet, you don't support voter ID and dismiss repeated convictions for voter fraud (99% of which are against dems) as meh.

Partisan hack

#17 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:38 PM

My understanding from all of the instant legal experts around the internet is that unless there was an active grand jury, Trump's comments wouldn't float as obstruction. That said, if there was an effort to influence an investigation and Comey did nothing about it, Comey could face charges of some sort.

#18 User is offline   GrimV 

• <no title>

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:14 PM

Don't forget that there has been a joint task force (including the Office of the DNI, the NSA,CIA, DoJ, Treasury, and the FBI) investigating Russian/Kremlin money going into the 2016 campaign since last April,

That's an impressive collection of acronyms. And they've been at it since "last April"? As in, "over a year ago"?

and that Sergey Kislyak took a lot of meetings around the time of the GOP convention.

Wow. Took a lot of meetings, you say. Not just a "few" meetings. A lot. As in, more than a few. But surely less than a bevy. A multitude, perhaps? A slew, even?

HEY, DID EVERYBODY CATCH THAT? SERGEY KISLYAK TOOK A LOT OF MEETINGS!

A LOT, PEOPLE! A LOT! WHICH I IMAGINE EXCEEDS AN ARRAY BUT PROBABLY LESS THAN A MYRIAD! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THIS SOONER?

This excerpt from a letter from former Senator Harry Reid (after receiving a "Gang of 8" briefing) is a handy reminder that Comey knows everything about everything:

"In my communications with you and other top officials in the national security community, it has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and co-ordination between Donald Trump, his top advisers, and the Russian government - a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States"

I don't put much faith in the veracity of proven liars.

#19 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:25 PM

The bottom line is this. If these people, who truly hate Trump, had anything, anything at all to throw at him, they would ALREADY have done so.

The end.

#20 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:33 AM

View PostGrimV, on 17 May 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

Took a lot of meetings, you say.

I'm not the only one saying it.

I don't put much faith in the veracity of proven liars.

Like Attorney General Sessions, who lied about his meetings with Sergey Kislyak?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users