RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump Considering Joe Lieberman For FBI Director: Spicer - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump Considering Joe Lieberman For FBI Director: Spicer Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• ~***~
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

Trump Considering Joe Lieberman For FBI Director: Spicer

NBC News
by Ali Vitali
May 17 2017, 3:44 pm ET

Excerpt:

President Donald Trump is considering former Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman to lead the FBI, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer told reporters Wednesday.

Trump will meet Wednesday with Lieberman and other candidates, including acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, former Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating, and former top FBI official Richard McFeely, Spicer added.

During a briefing on Air Force One en route to Washington, D.C. from New London, Connecticut, where Trump delivered a commencement address to Coast Guard cadets, Spicer said "the president will continue to meet with candidates for FBI director." But a senior administration official tells NBC News that this is the first day that the president will meet with candidates to replace James Comey.

These candidates have been sent over from the Department of Justice, the official said.

When asked by MSNBC if he would accept if he was offered the job of FBI director, Lieberman declined to say.

"It was unexpected. Not something I was seeking," Lieberman, an Independent, said. He was the Democratic Party's nominee for vice president in 2000, and Connecticut's attorney general before being first elected to the Senate in 1988.

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

Don't do it, Trump! :nono:

The demoncraps (former) are NOT your/our friends either!

There are tons of better people out there for the job than this loser!

#3 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

Donald Trump needs to learn post-haste that the political world is not the business world.

#4 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

View PostAdam Smithee, on 17 May 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

Donald Trump needs to learn post-haste that the political world is not the business world.

The establishment / wannabe aristocracy needs to understand that Trump is not President to play their games and kiss their asses.

Lieberman for FBI? Maybe he is floating the idea. Maybe just another outright media lie.

#5 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:26 PM

I bet it's another Trump fake to the left, shoot right.

#6 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:33 PM

What matters most is what Lieberman can do for his country. He can lead the FBI. The Democrats nominated him for Vice-President, then refused to back him for re-election to his Senate seat. He showed them a thing or two when he won re-election as an Independent. If Trump nominates him now for Director of the FBI, he will have eaten their (kosher) lunch.

#7 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:42 PM

View PostMartin, on 17 May 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

What matters most is what Lieberman can do for his country. He can lead the FBI. The Democrats nominated him for Vice-President, then refused to back him for re-election to his Senate seat. He showed them a thing or two when he won re-election as an Independent. If Trump nominates him now for Director of the FBI, he will have eaten their (kosher) lunch.

Much of which is why Mike Lee has been pushing Merrick Garland as a choice. He's mostly nonpartisan, pretty fair as a judge, would open up a seat on the court to then fill, and would tie the Dems up in knots as a choice.

#8 User is offline   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:18 PM

View PostMartin, on 17 May 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

I agree. Lieberman is an honerable man. Even though I disagree with him, I still respect him a great deal.

#9 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:42 AM

View PostModerator T, on 17 May 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

Much of which is why Mike Lee has been pushing Merrick Garland as a choice. He's mostly nonpartisan, pretty fair as a judge, would open up a seat on the court to then fill, and would tie the Dems up in knots as a choice.

From what I read Merrick Garland did not fall for that scheme. He will remain a judge.

#10 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:52 PM

View PostLadybird, on 18 May 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

From what I read Merrick Garland did not fall for that scheme. He will remain a judge.

I wonder if Garland actually fell for the scheme you savior cooked up when he pretended he was nominating him for the Supreme Court. If he did, he's an idiot.

#11 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

I'm not much of a Joe Liberman fan anymore so I hope he isn't seriously being considered.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users