RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Jimmy Fallon Was on Top of the World. Then Came Trump. - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jimmy Fallon Was on Top of the World. Then Came Trump. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:58 PM

Jimmy Fallon Was on Top of the World. Then Came Trump.
The NY Times - Dave Itzkoff - link

Ambling onto the Art Deco set of “The Tonight Show” for his monologue rehearsal one Monday afternoon, Jimmy Fallon gave the crowd here at Studio 6B a warm, practiced welcome before trying out a new batch of jokes about the French election, the pop star Harry Styles and President Trump’s definitions of medical terms. “He thinks a cardiologist is someone who works at Hallmark,” he quipped.

Wearing casual clothes and a boyish smirk, Mr. Fallon made a pitch for his program’s vision. “Anything I can make fun of, I will make fun of,” he told his audience. The late-night entertainment being fine-tuned in front of them, he added, had been devised so that “you go to bed with a smile on your face and you have sweet dreams.”
*snip*

The resurgent interest in left-leaning programming hasn’t helped Mr. Fallon, a former star of “Saturday Night Live” who has built his brand on his all-around entertainer’s skills and down-the-middle tastes. And as Mr. Fallon is well aware, viewers haven’t seen him in quite the same light since an interview he conducted with Mr. Trump in September, which was widely criticized for its fawning, forgiving tone. In a gesture that has come to haunt the host, he concluded the segment by playfully running his fingers through Mr. Trump’s hair.

Mr. Fallon acknowledges now that the Trump interview was a setback, if not quite a mistake, and he has absorbed at least a portion of the anger that was directed at him by critics and online detractors.

“They have a right to be mad,” a chastened Mr. Fallon said in an interview this month. “If I let anyone down, it hurt my feelings that they didn’t like it. I got it.”

But if these events prompted Mr. Fallon to search his own soul, he said they did not compel him to make widespread changes at “The Tonight Show.”

The program is still profitable and strongly supported by advertisers, so if Mr. Fallon faces any crisis, it’s an existential one: What if the broader shift to a more partisan, more openly anti-Trump late-night isn’t temporary? If it has a longer life and a bigger impact than anyone foresees, what does he want his show to be?
*snip*

#2 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:41 PM

I'm not a huge Fallon fan. But what from I've seen, he's funny sometimes and kind of dumb other times. But he reminds me a lot of Jay Leno and even Johnny Carson in that his comedy is rarely dirty (and even then only barely) and never partisan. He'll make fun of both sides and never seems to get vindictive. He's not a man who'd complain about the President being Putin's XXXXholster.

#3 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:45 PM

What if the broader shift to a more partisan, more openly anti-Trump late-night mindset isn’t temporary?

That seems to be the billion dollar question in alot of places.

#4 User is offline   brah 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:24 PM

View PostModerator T, on 17 May 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

I'm not a huge Fallon fan. But what from I've seen, he's funny sometimes and kind of dumb other times. But he reminds me a lot of Jay Leno and even Johnny Carson in that his comedy is rarely dirty (and even then only barely) and never partisan. He'll make fun of both sides and never seems to get vindictive. He's not a man who'd complain about the President being Putin's XXXXholster.

Jimmy Fallon is Michelle Obama's BFF while the rest of his show is about having fun and when he didn't jump on the Anti-Trump bandwagon the Hollywood Left ripped him for it. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by brah: 17 May 2017 - 11:26 PM

#5 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:35 AM

The problem is simple. People who populate the political left are by and large unable to handle criticism. They can't handle pushback. They like to dish it out but just can't handle the return mail. Therefore they try to control what people say (especially publicly) and restrict certain people's first amendment rights.

#6 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:58 PM

Wow, really, just treating Mr. Trump fairly is a near fatal flaw?!

#7 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

Jimmy Fallon can go to hell. I hate his moldy frat comedy.

#8 User is offline   MissAlwaysRight 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:30 AM

Jimmy Fallon's not all that bad. He treated Trump with respect when he made an appearance on his talk show, and he hasn't been disgustingly bias and dishonest like those hacks Stephen Colbert and Seth Meyers. That said, his ratings have taken a hit, and you've gotta do what you've gotta do, so I can overlook any Trump bashing from Fallon. I know he's only doing it to keep his ratings strong, and that underneath it, he's one of the good ones in Hollywood.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users