RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Alex Jones retracts stories, apologizes to Chobani - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alex Jones retracts stories, apologizes to Chobani Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:31 AM

Alex Jones retracts stories, apologizes to Chobani

BY CHRISTOPHER BRENNAN
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Updated: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 6:38 PM

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has settled a lawsuit from yogurt company Chobani after saying that its Idaho factory was “importing migrant rapists.”

The right-wing Info Wars host announced Wednesday that the story was wrong, adding “the Tweets and video have now been retracted, and will not be reposted.”

The posts in question had centered on Chobani’s Turkish-born founder Hamdi Ulukaya and the company’s facility in Twin Falls, Idaho, the largest yogurt plant in the world, linking it to a sexual assault case involving refugees children.

“On behalf of InfoWars, I regret that we mischaracterized Chobani, its employees and the people of Twin Falls, Idaho, the way we did,” Jones said.

<snip>

Link

I wonder if Breitbart will report this..

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 18 May 2017 - 10:32 AM

#2 User is offline   lyria 

• Just trying to get through the day without screaming.
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

Two apologies in a year! Jones must be slipping. :coolshades:

#3 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

I believe all Chibani was trying to do is help those who have been displaced assimilate into the US. Not all people of middle eastern background are terrorists. (Yeah, I know I just made a hot button statement.)

#4 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 18 May 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

I believe all Chibani was trying to do is help those who have been displaced assimilate into the US. Not all people of middle eastern background are terrorists. (Yeah, I know I just made a hot button statement.)

I think providing manufacturing jobs in the US is good thing. At least it was.. Not every employee was a refugee.

#5 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:31 AM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 18 May 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

It's not a hot button statement when expressed like that.

It would be a hot button item if it read "middle eastern people are no more likely to fall to terrorism than Scandinavians". **

Should peaceful middle eastern people suffer from the stigma where their ethnicity is the only connection they have to terrorists? Surely not. But should innocent people suffer from being blown up or head chopped by violent middle easterners? Even more surely not.

If you have a solution, the world is looking for one.

-----
** excluding Scandinavians of middle eastern origin, for sake of comparison.

This post has been edited by zurg: 18 May 2017 - 11:32 AM

#6 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

View Postzurg, on 18 May 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

It's not a hot button statement when expressed like that.

It would be a hot button item if it read "middle eastern people are no more likely to fall to terrorism than Scandinavians". **

Should peaceful middle eastern people suffer from the stigma where their ethnicity is the only connection they have to terrorists? Surely not. But should innocent people suffer from being blown up or head chopped by violent middle easterners? Even more surely not.

If you have a solution, the world is looking for one.

-----
** excluding Scandinavians of middle eastern origin, for sake of comparison.

The smears against Mr. Chobani and his employees weren't of a terror nature.

#7 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

View Postlyria, on 18 May 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

Two apologies in a year! Jones must be slipping. :coolshades:

I'm sure he realizes that his business of peddling stupid conspiracy theories is facing stiff competition from the Washington Post, so he's trying to change his style.

#8 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 18 May 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

I'm sure he realizes that his business of peddling stupid conspiracy theories is facing stiff competition from the Washington Post, so he's trying to change his style.

Haha...Good point

#9 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

Jones may have gone overboard in directly linking Chobani to the assaults... but there IS as backstory there. That part of Idaho has been taking in a large number of refugees, and a number of companies have been moving in to take advantage of the cheap labor. So on paper it looks like a lot of jobs are being created... but none of the jobs are going to Americans. It has the locals up in arms over it.

Breitbart covered this in August of last year: Twin Falls Refugee Rape Special Report: Why Are The Refugees Moving In?. There IS a legit story to be had there.

THAT SAID, the other side of it is that because of the backlash against the refugees, every incident tends to get blown way out of proportion. And it's one of the few areas where IMHO it's still appropriate to use the 'R' word; Not EVERYBODY there of course, but the area has more than it's share of Christian Identity and Aryan nations types (Even well BEFORE the refugees.) Moving in masses of refugees was just throwing fuel on the fire (And it wouldn't surprise me if Obama did THAT on purpose.)

2009: COLUMN: How the Klan almost took over Twin Falls

1986: NY Times: Racists Gather to Declare White Republic in Idaho

#10 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

View PostAdam Smithee, on 18 May 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

Jones may have gone overboard in directly linking Chobani to the assaults... but there IS as backstory there. That part of Idaho has been taking in a large number of refugees, and a number of companies have been moving in to take advantage of the cheap labor. So on paper it looks like a lot of jobs are being created... but none of the jobs are going to Americans. It has the locals up in arms over it.

Breitbart covered this in August of last year: Twin Falls Refugee Rape Special Report: Why Are The Refugees Moving In?. There IS a legit story to be had there.

THAT SAID, the other side of it is that because of the backlash against the refugees, every incident tends to get blown way out of proportion. And it's one of the few areas where IMHO it's still appropriate to use the 'R' word; Not EVERYBODY there of course, but the area has more than it's share of Christian Identity and Aryan nations types (Even well BEFORE the refugees.) Moving in masses of refugees was just throwing fuel on the fire (And it wouldn't surprise me if Obama did THAT on purpose.)

2009: COLUMN: How the Klan almost took over Twin Falls

1986: NY Times: Racists Gather to Declare White Republic in Idaho

I wonder how many of these real Americans applied for work in the manufacturing jobs, but could not get past the drug screening. It's real easy to make scapegoats of foreigners instead of looking in the mirror. Are these jobs really low paying and what is the ratios of native born Americans to recent arrivals?

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 18 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

#11 User is offline   Liz 

• ~***~
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:12 PM

PLEASE MAKE YOUR POINT WITHOUT RESORTING TO INSULTS AND NAME-CALLING. THE POST IN QUESTION HAS BEEN REMOVED.

#12 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:49 PM

Obviously Alex Jones is now under the mind control powers of the secret government!

No one can now believe what he publishes. He's now part of the system!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users