RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Time for Trump to get on Message and Stay on Message - RightNation.US

Time for Trump to get on Message and Stay on Message Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Tabla_Man 

• Go Nuggets!!!
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

Let's get one thing straight, I don't believe one bit of this Russian influence crap. I never had and there would have to be alot more than a smoking gun to get me to believe it. However there's no denying that much of the President's current conundrum is of his own making. The White House cannot get a consistent message out, and when they try to, they are cut off at the knees by Trump contradicting messaging his staffers are trying to get out. Now there has been special counsel approved to investigate these matters which means that instead of Trump being able to concentrate on his agenda, he will be bogged down with trying to fight corruption charges however valid or not they might be.

I didn't vote for Donald Trump to have endless investigations into Russia. I voted for him to repeal Obamacare, to secure the border and to reform the tax code, among other things, but it's hard to imagine how he can move his agenda forward now when the Democrats and the media can throw out these conspiracy charges, to which Trump so easily is trolled into responding, making only himself look bad.

We are not yet 6 months into this presidency and the "I" word is being thrown about. No serious person could think at this point in time there is anywhere near the evidence require to warrant an impeachment charge. Never the less the media is running with it, because again they know it will slow Trump's agenda down. Worse yet there are "Republicans" like John McCain who are comparing this to Watergate, because they care more about themselves than they do the good of the country. McCain is many things but he's not stupid, and his statement is more of him being an opportunistic douchebag than it is anything else.

Trump was absolutely right to fire Comey, and he should have done it the day he walked in the door. Whoever advised him to keep Comey on needs to be fired right now. Was it Priebus? I don't know but that person needs to fall on their sword. The first order of action for the Trump administration should have been massive firings of Obama appointed officials including Comey, Sally Yates, and even IRS commissioner John Koskinen who is still in his current position! There should be massive firings today of Trump's West Wing who are clearly full of liberal Clinton sympathizers that are trying to undermine the President.

Trump needs advisers who will tell him the truth not stroke his ego, and Trump needs to listen to them. I don't have a problem with Trump firing Comey over the Russian investigation, but everyone in the White House needs to be on the same page. I am not a huge Sean Spicer fan, but he has the worst job in the world when the President and his own staff can't be trusted to give a single message and Spicer is left to sink or swim with the press corps.

After learning of how Alberto Gonzalez despised Comey, and saw that there were many times he tried to usurp power from the Attorney General's office, it is crystal clear he needed to be fired. You are in a gutter fight now and the White House should be digging up every ethical breach Comey has committed and bring it forward and release it. The best way forward to discredit Comey is to start investigating his corroboration with Loretta Lynch and the dog and pony show investigation he did of Hillary.

This post has been edited by Tabla_Man: 18 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

#2 User is offline   lyria 

• Just trying to get through the day without screaming.
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:14 PM

Get on message and stay on message? Good luck with that. His previous attempts have been.... brief. I don't see why any new attempt - if indeed he can be convinced of a need for one - will be different. There hasn't been and likely won't be a "pivot" to be "more presidential". This guy is who he is, and he's said as much in the past.

View PostTabla_Man, on 18 May 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

However there's no denying that much of the President's current conundrum is of his own making.

Absolutely. Here's a hint: if you think the media is gunning for you, stop handing them ammo.

This post has been edited by lyria: 18 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

#3 User is offline   lyria 

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

Sorry, duplicate

This post has been edited by lyria: 18 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

#4 User is offline   Tabla_Man 

• Go Nuggets!!!

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

This isn't about being Presidential. If Trump wanted to come out and say he fired Comey because of the Russian investigation then the whole staff should have fell in line.

#5 User is offline   lyria 

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostTabla_Man, on 18 May 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

This isn't about being Presidential. If Trump wanted to come out and say he fired Comey because of the Russian investigation then the whole staff should have fell in line.

I agree - I think we're talking about pretty much the same thing in different ways.

#6 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

View PostTabla_Man, on 18 May 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Let's get one thing straight, I don't believe one bit of this Russian influence crap. I never had and there would have to be alot more than a smoking gun to get me to believe it. However there's no denying that much of the President's current conundrum is of his own making. The White House cannot get a consistent message out, and when they try to, they are cut off at the knees by Trump contradicting messaging his staffers are trying to get out. Now there has been special counsel approved to investigate these matters which means that instead of Trump being able to concentrate on his agenda, he will be bogged down with trying to fight corruption charges however valid or not they might be.

I didn't vote for Donald Trump to have endless investigations into Russia. I voted for him to repeal Obamacare, to secure the border and to reform the tax code, among other things, but it's hard to imagine how he can move his agenda forward now when the Democrats and the media can throw out these conspiracy charges, to which Trump so easily is trolled into responding, making only himself look bad.

From this point forward, Trump and his staff need to ignore any question about Russian influence. You wanted an investigator, you got one, shut the hell up. We are talking tax cuts, modifying Obamacare, etc.

Point out that his administration had the balls to let someone investigate themselves just to shut you all the hell up......meanwhile, the last administration admitted crimes by Hillary but wouldn't allow an independent investigator to look at them.

#7 User is offline   Tabla_Man 

• Go Nuggets!!!

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

View PostDutch13, on 18 May 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

From this point forward, Trump and his staff need to ignore any question about Russian influence. You wanted an investigator, you got one, shut the hell up. We are talking tax cuts, modifying Obamacare, etc.

Point out that his administration had the balls to let someone investigate themselves just to shut you all the hell up......meanwhile, the last administration admitted crimes by Hillary but wouldn't allow an independent investigator to look at them.

And that's the power of having the media as your propaganda tool. Worse than Hillary was Obama appointing Koskinen to the IRS who basically went in to do a cleanup job for him. That guy needs to go to prison for the rest of his life, but he's still got a job!

#8 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

It is not possible for Trump to stay on message. He is not a good president (although much better than the Hillary alternative). It is painful to watch him especially when it comes to his Tweets.

It's a sad time for the Republican party. They have the Presidency, the House, the Senate, the SCOTUS, most of the state houses, most of the governorships and yet they will screw this whole thing up. Just watch them self destruct.

#9 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

View Postintotheblackhole, on 18 May 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

It is not possible for Trump to stay on message. He is not a good president (although much better than the Hillary alternative). It is painful to watch him especially when it comes to his Tweets.It's a sad time for the Republican party. They have the Presidency, the House, the Senate, the SCOTUS, most of the state houses, most of the governorships and yet they will screw this whole thing up. Just watch them self destruct.

They really don't "have" the SCOTUS. This is the same Supreme Court that said Obamacare was lawful, except one of the strict Constitutionalists has been replaced by someone supposedly in the same mold. Until that is proven by his decisions.......the Supreme Court is still up in the air.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to a different topic, video of Comey's testimony before Congress a few weeks ago is making the rounds on Twitter. In the video, he unequivocally says that no one has every asked him to kill an investigation for political reasons. Regardless of what is on the "Comey memo", his congressional testimony is on record. Guy Benson is the writer that was getting credit with it on Twitter/Twitchy......but I can't find a link.

This post has been edited by Dutch13: 18 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

#10 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

View PostDutch13, on 18 May 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

They really don't "have" the SCOTUS. This is the same Supreme Court that said Obamacare was lawful, except one of the strict Constitutionalists has been replaced by someone supposedly in the same mold. Until that is proven by his decisions.......the Supreme Court is still up in the air.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to a different topic, video of Comey's testimony before Congress a few weeks ago is making the rounds on Twitter. In the video, he unequivocally says that no one has every asked him to kill an investigation for political reasons. Regardless of what is on the "Comey memo", his congressional testimony is on record. Guy Benson is the writer that was getting credit with it on Twitter/Twitchy......but I can't find a link.

I've heard the same thing about the memo...You know the memo isn't going anywhere right?....Just another smoke screen

#11 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:40 PM

View PostDutch13, on 18 May 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

The SCOTUS still leans conservative and hopefully Ginsburg will go over the hill and Trump can put in another judge that actually knows the laws.

The US is the laughing stock of the world with all this Russia crap. The way Trump and Putin are going at it there is no love lost between the two. I can't imagine Russia backing Trump. I think they were working to keep Hillary out rather than getting Trump in.

But it is cheap entertainment and the public will grow tired of it as they grow tired of everything. In a few months the electorate won't want to hear about it and will have moved on. Most folks I know are already tired of it.

#12 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:05 PM

View Postintotheblackhole, on 18 May 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

The SCOTUS still leans conservative and hopefully Ginsburg will go over the hill and Trump can put in another judge that actually knows the laws.

The US is the laughing stock of the world with all this Russia crap. The way Trump and Putin are going at it there is no love lost between the two. I can't imagine Russia backing Trump. I think they were working to keep Hillary out rather than getting Trump in.

But it is cheap entertainment and the public will grow tired of it as they grow tired of everything. In a few months the electorate won't want to hear about it and will have moved on. Most folks I know are already tired of it.

The talk is that Kennedy will retire in June...And then Ginsburg will have to kick the bucket because she'll never retire while President Trump is in office for the next 8 years

#13 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:04 PM

View Postfirecoco, on 18 May 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

The talk is that Kennedy will retire in June...And then Ginsburg will have to kick the bucket because she'll never retire while President Trump is in office for the next 8 years

Kennedy is more of a centrist with a slight liberal bias. But Ginsburg is way out there. She needs to go and my hope is that the grim reaper comes a calling soon. Or at the very least she becomes senile. She falls asleep during oral arguments which is not good. I am sure that will become more of the norm as time goes on. In reality that could be a case to have her impeached as she can't physically or mentally do the job. Plus it's just rude to fall asleep when listening to oral arguments.

#14 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:06 PM

I'm already sick of it. Whether Trump "stays on message" doesn't matter. The Democrats have made it clear that they want nothing less than to end our Republic by any lie they can pull out of their asses.

#15 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:39 PM

View Postintotheblackhole, on 18 May 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

Kennedy is more of a centrist with a slight liberal bias. But Ginsburg is way out there. She needs to go and my hope is that the grim reaper comes a calling soon. Or at the very least she becomes senile. She falls asleep during oral arguments which is not good. I am sure that will become more of the norm as time goes on. In reality that could be a case to have her impeached as she can't physically or mentally do the job. Plus it's just rude to fall asleep when listening to oral arguments.

I couldn't agree more....Kennedy is the swing vote and Ginsburg is a space shot

#16 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:41 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 18 May 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

I'm already sick of it. Whether Trump "stays on message" doesn't matter. The Democrats have made it clear that they want nothing less than to end our Republic by any lie they can pull out of their asses.

I just hope the American people can see through this BS

#17 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:54 PM

View Postfirecoco, on 18 May 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

I just hope the American people can see through this BS

We can but our legitimate concerns are being drowned out by accusations of Russians and racism. Ignore them like they ignore us. Plow over them every time (figuratively, I mean...).

#18 User is offline   lyria 

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:00 AM

View Postgravelrash, on 18 May 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

It absolutely matters. I don't think anyone - including the Democrats - will argue that they DON'T intend on blocking Pres. Trump at every turn and making every molehill into a mountain. That's kind of what opposing parties do.

But Pres. Trump doesn't have to help them do it. And by failing to stay on message, but sending out aides with contradictory tales, by contradicting himself, by making absurd claims, by angrily tweeting, by outright lying about things (crowd size, anyone?), by repeatedly bringing up his electoral college victory, by turning the most simple occasions like other people's graduations into "woe is me" speeches, he is absolutely helping the Democrats out.

This is basic advice columnist stuff. You can't change what other people are going to do. The only thing you can change is how you respond to it. They're going to do what they're going to do. You (Pres. Trump) doesn't have to help them.

This post has been edited by lyria: 19 May 2017 - 08:01 AM

#19 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:09 AM

View Postintotheblackhole, on 18 May 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

:yeahthat: The old bag belongs in an assisted living facility, not the SCROTUS.

#20 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:46 AM

View Postlyria, on 19 May 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

It absolutely matters. I don't think anyone - including the Democrats - will argue that they DON'T intend on blocking Pres. Trump at every turn and making every molehill into a mountain. That's kind of what opposing parties do.

But Pres. Trump doesn't have to help them do it. And by failing to stay on message, but sending out aides with contradictory tales, by contradicting himself, by making absurd claims, by angrily tweeting, by outright lying about things (crowd size, anyone?), by repeatedly bringing up his electoral college victory, by turning the most simple occasions like other people's graduations into "woe is me" speeches, he is absolutely helping the Democrats out.

This is basic advice columnist stuff. You can't change what other people are going to do. The only thing you can change is how you respond to it. They're going to do what they're going to do. You (Pres. Trump) doesn't have to help them.

Well said, Lyria.

:yes:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users