RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Rand Paul Has 5 Broken Ribs After Assault By Bernie Supporter - RightNation.US

Rand Paul Has 5 Broken Ribs After Assault By Bernie Supporter Initial reports were somewhat mistaken Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:07 AM

Rand Paul Has 5 Broken Ribs After Assault By Bernie Supporter

PJ Media
By Michael van der Galien
November 5, 2017

Excerpt:

Shortly after Rand Paul was attacked by some man who people had previously never heard of, news media reported that the senator from Kentucky had suffered some "minor injuries." Well, unless having potentially life-threatening injuries is now classified as "minor," those initial reports were somewhat mistaken:

A senior adviser for Rand Paul says the U.S. senator is recovering from five broken ribs following an assault at his home. Doug Stafford said it is unclear when Paul will return to work since he is in considerable pain and has difficulty getting around, including flying. Stafford said Sunday that the broken ribs include three displaced fractures, which can lead to life-threatening injuries. The severe pain can last for weeks or months.

When those initial reports were published, the overall impression people got was that although it was shocking that someone had attacked Senator Paul, he didn't suffer serious injuries. Clearly, he did. His attacker, Bernie Sanders supporter and Trump hater Rene Boucher, not only tried to do some real damage here but actually succeeded in doing so.

Following the horrendous attack on Republican congressmen and staffers during a baseball game earlier this year, which left Rep. Steve Scalise seriously wounded, this assault on Sen. Paul proves that the demonization of conservative politicians by the institutional Left is causing serious problems. Yes, political debate is important, but there's a difference between debating issues and routinely vilifying those who dare disagree with you. Democrats and their friends in the media have repeated for years now that Republicans aren't merely people "with other ideas," but evil.

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is online   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:40 AM

"I want you to argue with them and get in their face"

--Barry

#3 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:47 AM

From the sounds of it, the injuries are pretty serious. He cannot fly and wont be back to work immediately.

#4 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:13 AM

Once again, it's the left's doing. It's 99% of the time like this. Violence comes from the left and from Muslims.

When will it stop? Not until people fight back and make it stop.

#5 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:04 AM

View PostModerator T, on 06 November 2017 - 02:47 AM, said:

From the sounds of it, the injuries are pretty serious. He cannot fly and wont be back to work immediately.

0bama was allowed to use his pen and phone. I believe that Rand Paul is savvy enough to use internet, social media, Skype, FaceTime...

#6 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:44 AM

View Postgravelrash, on 06 November 2017 - 07:04 AM, said:

0bama was allowed to use his pen and phone. I believe that Rand Paul is savvy enough to use internet, social media, Skype, FaceTime...

True, although you can't vote through any of those things.

I pray for a speedy recovery for Senator Paul

#7 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:07 AM

Everything (almost) that I'm reading is from (progressive-type) people saying, "he deserved it." Sad, sad, sad world we live in.

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 06 November 2017 - 08:08 AM

#8 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:26 AM

Wanta bet the Senator gets a CC permit??

#9 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:31 AM

It takes a hard blow to the body to break 5 ribs

From what I saw they are charging him with "minor injuries" to Senator Paul

5 broken ribs doesn't sound minor to me

#10 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:41 AM

Nobody worry, the media is all about truth and facts...

Unless it has anything to do with the left, their agenda or the violence meted out by those torqued up by the inflammatory rhetoric that they spew, then, well, it's batten down the hatches and churn out the euphemism of the day to provide damage control and shift focus onto the REAL problems in the world.

Like upholding the law, protecting Americans from terrorism, you know, the REAL threats we face during the Trump year... :coolshades:

#11 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:36 AM

Anyone who thinks five broken ribs is 'minor' should try it. When it hurts to f'ng breath you won't exactly call it minor.

Oki

#12 User is offline   zaphodx 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

View Postoki, on 06 November 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Anyone who thinks five broken ribs is 'minor' should try it. When it hurts to f'ng breath you won't exactly call it minor.

Oki

A sneeze with just a cracked rib is an adventure in pain. One minute sitting on the couch, the next rolled into a ball on the floor barely able to breathe. Five broken ribs -- he's not doing much physically for a couple months at least.

#13 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:41 AM

View Postzaphodx, on 06 November 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

A sneeze with just a cracked rib is an adventure in pain. One minute sitting on the couch, the next rolled into a ball on the floor barely able to breathe. Five broken ribs -- he's not doing much physically for a couple months at least.

Doing nothing, just laying in bed all day is hell. I cracked 1 rib when I was 14(slipped on some ice) then had to climb a flight stairs for a class(and then of coarse down it again afterwards). Felt like someone was pounding nails into my side. Didn't realize it was a full on break until a week or two later when some kids where goofing around and the one shoved the other with his head spearing me right where the cracked rib was. Five ribs? Good God that man must be in agony. I think the threee most pain full injuries are listed as broken fingers(done that) broken ribs(done that) and broken toes. At least with the digits you can immobilize and not move them, ribs, you need to breath.

Damn just damn, this guy must be in sheer agony.

Oki

#14 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:46 AM

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt which I couldn't put on because I couldn't stand to raise my arms that much. Couldn't sleep, get comfortable no matter if I stood, sat, or tried to lay down. It sucked, and was only cracked, not what Paul's dealing with.

#15 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:06 PM

View Postfirecoco, on 06 November 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

That was my thought, as well.

I wonder if Paul asked for a lighter charge since this was a neighbor.

If so, it was a mistake. Dude attacked a sitting US senator. He should pay dearly.

#16 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:49 PM

View PostModerator T, on 06 November 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

True, although you can't vote through any of those things.

I pray for a speedy recovery for Senator Paul

0bama used autopen. Don't see how the Constitution or any BS "Congressional rules" prevent Rand Paul from doing same if not similar. The governor of Kentucky has authority to appoint a stand-in who will vote however bed-ridden Paul says. (I know... good luck with that.)

Speedy recovery for Senator Paul. Long sentence in solitary for his assailant.

#17 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

It's shocking how the vast right wing news media is covering up all the attacks on Democrat Congressmen...DERP.

#18 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostModerator T, on 06 November 2017 - 02:47 AM, said:

Yet it's only a misdemeanor charge? :no:

View Postfirecoco, on 06 November 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

:exactly:

#19 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

View Posterp, on 06 November 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

That was my thought, as well.

I wonder if Paul asked for a lighter charge since this was a neighbor.

If so, it was a mistake. Dude attacked a sitting US senator. He should pay dearly.

And now the lefty loonies have added one more conservative to their score since the baseball park shooting of congressmen.

Gees, I can't remember the last time when a demoncrap elected "leader" was physically attacked/assaulted anywhere by a conservative citizen? :huh:

#20 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:19 PM

Attorney calls attack on Sen. Rand Paul 'regrettable dispute between two neighbors'

By Sophie Tatum, Drew Griffin and Scott Bronstein, CNN

Updated 5:52 PM ET, Mon November 6, 2017

Bowling Green, Kentucky (CNN)The attorney representing the man who was charged with assaulting Sen. Rand Paul said Monday that attacking the Kentucky Republican had "absolutely nothing" to do with politics.
"The unfortunate occurrence of November 3 has absolutely nothing to do with either's politics or political agendas," a statement by attorney Matthew Baker said. "It was a very regrettable dispute between two neighbors over a matter that most people would regard as trivial."
Baker is representing Paul's neighbor, Rene Boucher, who was charged with attacking Paul. In the statement, Baker also noted the two worked together when they "were both practicing physicians."

A neighbor who did not want to be identified said the two have been "quibbling" over yard waste for years.
According to the neighbor, Paul and Boucher, who share a property line in a gated community, have a long-running dispute over grass clippings and leaves blown onto each others' lawns.

<snip>

Link

So maybe it was the shrubbery..

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users