RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: NBC Host Asks Dan Rather Why People Think Media Lie - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NBC Host Asks Dan Rather Why People Think Media Lie Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

WHAT?! NBC Asks Rather Why People Think Media ‘Make Up Stories’

By Kyle Drennen | November 6, 2017 10:43 AM EST https://www.newsbust...ia-make-stories

In a staggering example of the press lacking any self-awareness, on Monday’s NBC Today, co-host Savannah Guthrie fretted over “a recent poll that said nearly half of people think the media make up stories” and unbelievably turned to disgraced former CBS Evening News anchor Dan Rather to suggest ways in which the news media could “enhance its own credibility.”

Citing a Politico poll from October that found 46 percent of voters “believe the news media fabricate news stories about President Donald Trump and his administration,” Guthrie asked Rather: “The media itself is under fire. And what do you think the media needs to do better to enhance its own credibility? And what do people need to understand about the value of the press?”

The ex-network anchor, who was fired for using fraudulent documents to smear former President George W. Bush in a series of reports ahead of the 2004 election, was shameless as he replied to Guthrie’s softball: “Well, first, those of us who are in the media....we need to do a better job, we need to do our job. Our job is to bear witness, to be honest brokers of information. To be as accurate and fair as we possibly can.” He then went on the attack against the country’s most vocal media critic: I think most of the public understands that we’re under attack by very powerful people, including the President, for their own partisan, political, and ideological reasons. They want people – they’re basically saying, “Believe us, believe only your president and believe only the people who are in power. Don’t believe these people out in the press.”

Amazingly, Guthrie never even mentioned Rather’s infamous exit from CBS News. It was the newsman himself who vaguely alluded to his controversial past: “...heavens knows I’ve made my mistakes, have my open wounds from some self-inflicted wounds...” Rather was on the morning show to promote his new book, What Unites Us, and ended the exchange on this note: “So if we just can keep emphasizing those things about which we agree, keep a civil conversation, I think we’re going to be alright. I’m an optimist by experience and by nature.” Guthrie gushed: “Absolutely, I’m an optimist, too. And the book is right on that tone.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If there is any journo in the world you would ask about why people think the MSM lies about President Trump and how the MSM could restore its credibility, would your first choice be Dan Rather?

#2 User is online   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

:huh:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Ya can't make this up!

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 06 November 2017 - 04:45 PM

#3 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Got Wiener?
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

These people are on drugs. Strong, mind-altering drugs.

#4 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:11 PM

Brian Williams must not have been available

#5 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:44 PM

Dan Rather: We don't really lie, Savannah. We just don't remember what the truth was from day to day.

#6 User is offline   Censport 

• @CensportRacing

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

In a staggering example of the press lacking any self-awareness, on Monday’s NBC Today, co-host Savannah Guthrie fretted over “a recent poll that said nearly half of people think the media make up stories” and unbelievably turned to disgraced former CBS Evening News anchor Dan Rather to suggest ways in which the news media could “enhance its own credibility.”

How funny that this was on NBC. The "news" network that has become infamous by...

Blowing up trucks.

Editing a Biden speech to support their gun control agenda.

Editing a speech by Rep Sessions to portray him as saying poor people are criminals.

Editing a Romney speech to create a fake gaffe.

Editing video of Rick Perry to make him look like a racist.

Editing the Zimmerman 911 call to make him look like a racist.

Editing video of an armed man at a Tea Party rally to hide the fact that black people are in the Tea Party. "I mean, here you have a man of color in the presidency and white people showing up with guns strapped to their waists or to their legs."

Editing video to make it look like 2nd Amendment supporters heckled a man who lost his son at the Sandy Hook gun-free zone. Er, I mean school.

And now the Leftist media does juvenile, petty crap like this regularly. Meanwhile, they sit around in ideological circle jerks with no objection viewpoints allowed, asking how they can get the people they look down upon to trust them.

http://www.pinhawkblog.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/f612b8bb9e_spockfascinating.jpg

#7 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:36 PM

View PostCensport, on 06 November 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

How funny that this was on NBC. The "news" network that has become infamous by...

Blowing up trucks.

Editing a speech by Rep Sessions to portray him as saying poor people are criminals.

Editing video of an armed man at a Tea Party rally to hide the fact that black people are in the Tea Party. "I mean, here you have a man of color in the presidency and white people showing up with guns strapped to their waists or to their legs."

Editing video to make it look like 2nd Amendment supporters heckled a man who lost his son at the Sandy Hook gun-free zone. Er, I mean school.

And now the Leftist media does juvenile, petty crap like this regularly. Meanwhile, they sit around in ideological circle jerks with no objection viewpoints allowed, asking how they can get the people they look down upon to trust them.

http://www.pinhawkblog.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/f612b8bb9e_spockfascinating.jpg

What a great post....Nice job

#8 User is offline   Censport 

• @CensportRacing

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

View Postfirecoco, on 06 November 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

Thanks. It's mostly an old post, but I'm amazed that I can keep recycling it. Or not amazed, since these are Leftists who have insulated themselves from any objectivity.

#9 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:45 PM

View Postfirecoco, on 06 November 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

:yeahthat:

#10 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:05 AM

Blowing up trucks.

Post of the day!

#11 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:11 AM

Blowing up trucks.

Exactly, it really is a case study of the mind of these people. It just tells you how they honestly believe we are that stupid and clueless.
Reality is one hell of a mother f'r when it smacks you up on side and down the other. And even then they still don't get it.

Oki

#12 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:27 AM

Savannah Guthrie isn't just another pretty face. She has worked in broadcast news for years and also worked as a lawyer in white-collar criminal defense. She is literally in bed with the Democrats, having married a Democratic political consultant, Michael Feldman. She may not understand why the MSM's credibility has sunk so low, but she did understand that the purpose of bringing Dan Rather onto her show was to plug his latest book. It was an advertisement, not an interview.

I don't plan to read Rather's new book any more than I read his last one. In the latter, he argues not that he smeared the President of the United States on the basis of a memo which proved to be a forgery, but that he is the victim of Viacom, which acted on the orders of the President he smeared to cost him his job. Now he has expanded his victimology to explain the MSM's loss of credibility. If people don't trust us, he says, that's because Trump told them not to: " I think most of the public understands that we’re under attack by very powerful people, including the President, for their own partisan, political, and ideological reasons."

Like Richard Nixon, Dan Rather will go to his grave still considering himself blameless in his downfall. If you think he dealt in bullsh!t, just wait until he dies and you hear the surrealistically phony eulogies from other journos.

#13 User is offline   moocow 

• <no title>

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:20 AM

View Postoki, on 07 November 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

Exactly, it really is a case study of the mind of these people. It just tells you how they honestly believe we are that stupid and clueless.
Reality is one hell of a mother f'r when it smacks you up on side and down the other. And even then they still don't get it.

Oki

You know, I would hypothesize that it's not that they think we're stupid and clueless, it's that they REALLY believe their stories. I would venture these are the same people that believe a man can be a woman because he believes he is in the wrong body. Even though they might not believe the exact stories the post/edit are true, they believe in the general narrative. "Fake but accurate"

#14 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:56 AM

View Postmoocow, on 08 November 2017 - 03:20 AM, said:

Even though they might not believe the exact stories the post/edit are true, they believe in the general narrative. "Fake but accurate"

Robert Redford made a movie about Rather's hoax against President Bush. He had the gall to title it "Truth". It portrays CBS's corporate masters caving in to political pressure from President Bush to retract Rather's report. The journos in the movie, especially the actress playing Rather's editor, Mary Mapes, portray their real-life counterparts as courageous reporters sacrificing their jobs on behalf of The People's Right To Know, which turns out to mean Our Right To Make Sh!t Up. The New York Slime held a meeting of the cast and the journos they portrayed, at which Dan Rather insisted that to focus on the forged memo was "a distraction." Not a forgery which Rather swallowed hook, line and sinker because it said what he wanted to believe, but "a distraction" from his claim that Bush went AWOL from the National Guard.

When the journos have to choose between the facts and the narrative, they print the narrative. See "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance", starring John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart.

#15 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:12 AM

You know, I would hypothesize that it's not that they think we're stupid and clueless, it's that they REALLY believe their stories. I would venture these are the same people that believe a man can be a woman because he believes he is in the wrong body. Even though they might not believe the exact stories the post/edit are true, they believe in the general narrative. "Fake but accurate"

I believe there is a Clinical Diagnosis for this.... aahh yes... PATHOLOGICAL. If I remember correctly doctors typically recommend treatment and in some cases institutionalization as they can become a danger to themselves. I believe one can say the truth is to them what Holy Water and Garlic is to Vampires.

Oki

#16 User is offline   Censport 

• @CensportRacing

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:20 PM

I think it's that they really WANT to believe their stories, and that if they repeat them enough, and get enough other people to believe them, then they'll magically become real.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users