RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Woman Fired After Giving Trump’s Motorcade The Finger - RightNation.US

Woman Fired After Giving Trump’s Motorcade The Finger Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:26 AM

Woman Fired After Giving Trump’s Motorcade The Finger

New York Post
By Mark Moore
November 6, 2017 | 11:06am

Excerpt:

The Virginia woman who gave President Trump’s motorcade a one-finger salute as it was leaving his Virginia golf course — a gesture that immediately went viral — said she was fired from her job at a company that does work with the government.

Juli Briskman told the Huffington Post on Saturday that after photos of her flipping off the presidential caravan while riding a bike Oct. 28 started appearing online and in news reports, she thought she should alert her employer, Akima LLC, a government contractor.

When she returned to work that Monday, Oct. 30, she informed the company’s human resources department.

Briskman, a 50-year-old mother of two, was fired the next day.

“They said, ‘We’re separating from you,'” Briskman said. “Basically, you cannot have ‘lewd’ or ‘obscene’ things in your social media. So they were calling flipping him off ‘obscene.’”

Briskman, who worked in marketing and communications for the company for a little more than six months, said she pointed out to the executives that the incident didn’t happen when she was on the clock and that the social media posts didn’t mention her employer.

At a meeting Tuesday, her bosses told her she violated the company’s media policy by posting the photo as her profile picture on Twitter and Facebook.

They also said the photo could end up hurting the business because it was a government contractor.

While Akima dismissed her, she said, the company only reprimanded a male employee who posted lewd comments on his Facebook page that used the company as his cover photo.

*snip*

The Rest

#2 User is offline   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint
  • Group: Gold

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:17 AM

How many times does it have to happen before people get it?

#3 User is offline   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:05 AM

“He was passing by and my blood just started to boil,” she said. “I’m thinking, DACA recipients are getting kicked out,” she said. “He pulled ads for open enrollment in ObamaCare. Only one-third of Puerto Rico has power. I’m thinking, he’s at the damn golf course again.”

She'd be a lot of fun on a long car trip.

#4 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:06 AM

View PostThePatriot, on 07 November 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

How many times does it have to happen before people get it?

This will be the next battlefront in the 'Social Justice War', you know, companies not being able to tell you what you can and cannot do on your own time even if it can affect them.

Oki

#5 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:06 AM

View PostLiz, on 07 November 2017 - 01:26 AM, said:

While Akima dismissed her, she said, the company only reprimanded a male employee who posted lewd comments on his Facebook page that used the company as his cover photo.

This woman works for a government contractor and she flipped off the leader of their primary customer. According to the article, the male employee she's referring to called somebody a "libtard". Clearly, her action has more potential impact on the business than the action of her male coworker.

Another example of the distorted moral equivalence viewpoint from the left.

#6 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:32 AM

I find it more disturbing that she was able to ride so close to his limo, than her being a grown woman flipping off the president.

#7 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:36 AM

View PostLadybird, on 07 November 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

I find it more disturbing that she was able to ride so close to his limo, than her being a grown woman flipping off the president.

That is a very good point....Same goes for the nitwit at the Capital building throwing Russian flags at him

That's gotta stop

#8 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:50 AM

I think the Secret Service only clears the road for previously announced routes. In the case of unannounced routes the odds of somebody waiting to ambush the President are pretty slim. During the Obama administration he flew very low right over my apartment building in the Marine One helicopter (along with another identical decoy helicopter). I wasn't expecting it so I didn't even have time to boot up my camera.

#9 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

View PostNatural Selection, on 07 November 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

I think the Secret Service only clears the road for previously announced routes. In the case of unannounced routes the odds of somebody waiting to ambush the President are pretty slim. During the Obama administration he flew very low right over my apartment building in the Marine One helicopter (along with another identical decoy helicopter). I wasn't expecting it so I didn't even have time to boot up my camera.

As someone who has had every President since Bush 1 come within 2 miles or less from my residence I can say you didn't miss much.

Bush 1, watched him drive by from the Airport to plant a tree as part of the states 100th Birthday(North Dakota)
Clinton, Slick Willy made his Okinawa Camp Foster Military speech a few blocks from my on base housing.
Bush 2, 2004 re election when he was here in Green Bay
Obama, 2012 he had a stop here(think he also had one in 08).
Trump, he campaigned here as well.

Someone cue Rockwells I always feel like, somebody's watching me....

Oki

#10 User is offline   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:55 AM

If I was in charge of that company, I would not have fired her. A reprimand would have been sufficient, but that's the company's business, not mine.

Still, how many people have to get fired over the crap they post on FB before it occurs to others that they should be careful?

#11 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

View PostThePatriot, on 07 November 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

If I was in charge of that company, I would not have fired her. A reprimand would have been sufficient, but that's the company's business, not mine.

Still, how many people have to get fired over the crap they post on FB before it occurs to others that they should be careful?

A lot of people could have avoided problems by simply removing the name of their employer from their facebook page. Once you name your employer you become an online representative for the company and what you say reflects on your employer.

#12 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:23 AM

I don’t think it ever will, because it keeps going on. A fireman vents his spleen on facebook, saying he’d sooner rescue a dog before pulling a black person out of fire, and then is shocked at the negative consequences. Anthony Weiner shows his junk to a teenager, even after getting caught the first time. Now he’s all weepy.

I always tell the kiddos to think of social media as the same thing as a billboard in your hometown. Would you be embarrassed by what’s there for all to see?

#13 User is offline   GRB1959 

• <no title>

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:47 PM

Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. This woman is an idiot and now she is trying to act like she has no regrets for her juvenile gesture. Really?

Gord

#14 User is offline   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:28 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 07 November 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

A lot of people could have avoided problems by simply removing the name of their employer from their facebook page. Once you name your employer you become an online representative for the company and what you say reflects on your employer.

According to the article, she didn't name her employer. Not that it matters as it's the company's business if they want her as an employee or not.

#15 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:39 PM

View PostThePatriot, on 07 November 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

According to the article, she didn't name her employer. Not that it matters as it's the company's business if they want her as an employee or not.

True, but she did point out that her male coworker "used the company as his cover photo" on his facebook page. I figured she was using the "he did it too" defense.

I'm sure she signed a bunch of papers when she was hired that gave her employer the right to fire her in circumstances such as this. Most large corporations require new employees to sign them.

#16 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:09 PM

Meh, at least she wasn't arrested for criticizing PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump.

#17 User is online   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:03 PM

I agree on both points.

I suspect she was fired because it did go viral and generated so much "bad press". Thus her firing was less punitive than symbolic.

View PostLadybird, on 07 November 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

I don’t think it ever will, because it keeps going on. A fireman vents his spleen on facebook, saying he’d sooner rescue a dog before pulling a black person out of fire, and then is shocked at the negative consequences. Anthony Weiner shows his junk to a teenager, even after getting caught the first time. Now he’s all weepy.

I always tell the kiddos to think of social media as the same thing as a billboard in your hometown. Would you be embarrassed by what’s there for all to see?

:thumbsup:

View PostGRB1959, on 07 November 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

Can I ask where that expression arose? A friend of mine uses it all the time and he was the first one I knew who used it.

#18 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:16 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 07 November 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

Can I ask where that expression arose? ("Play stupid games, win stupid prizes") A friend of mine uses it all the time and he was the first one I knew who used it.

I've always considered it merely an updated version of "Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer". I know lots of people are annoyed by both phrases' all-too-frequent use, but I think both are excellent: Gets the exact point across perfectly, in a very few words. I'll keep using both.

B)

#19 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 07 November 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

I agree on both points.

I suspect she was fired because it did go viral and generated so much "bad press". Thus her firing was less punitive than symbolic.

:thumbsup:

Can I ask where that expression arose? A friend of mine uses it all the time and he was the first one I knew who used it.

Be prepared to accept the consequences when you do something intentionally with total disregard. The "Darwin Award".

#20 User is offline   MADGestic 

• Trey Dae d’lea
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:36 PM

Case study: Although the First Amendment protects us from unjust punishment from the Government for unpopular ideas and expressions, it does not protect us from criticisms and consequences in the private sector.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users