RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: If You're Responding To A Massacre At A Church By Mocking Prayer, - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

If You're Responding To A Massacre At A Church By Mocking Prayer, Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:58 AM

If You're Responding To A Massacre At A Church By Mocking Prayer, Please Shut Up

MATT WALSH
Daily Wire
11/6/17

EXCERPT:

As you know, an evil coward slaughtered dozens of innocent people at a Texas church on Sunday. Children, the elderly, and pregnant women were among the victims. I am heartbroken. I am angry. I am sickened. I am exhausted. I am almost out of ways to communicate my grief and fury about these kinds of things.

Unfortunately, the internet is not experiencing the same loss for words. As soon as the news broke, many people rushed to social media to communicate a point of view that the shooter himself likely shared: Christians who pray are stupid.

It has become a favorite pastime of the Left to gleefully deride anyone who sends "thoughts and prayers" when tragedy strikes. Naturally, they found no reason to lay off the "haha prayers don't work" shtick even after a massacre at a church. Indeed, the anti-Christian camp saw this as all the more incentive to express their anti-prayer point of view. We were reminded immediately that prayers "don't do anything" and they're "not enough" and they "don't cut it" and if they were effective then this wouldn't have happened. All you have to do is spend 30 seconds on Twitter to see this kind of idea repeated over and over again. As Keith Olbermann so eloquently summarized the position: "shove your prayers up your ass." This, again, is the first reaction of countless leftists when a bunch of Christians are killed while praying. The word inappropriate just does not do this justice. Disgusting may be a more apt term. Revolting probably captures it a little more.

Now, although this should not be at all necessary, let me say a few things in defense of "thoughts and prayers":

1) Nobody is claiming that all we should do is pray. When somebody promises to pray for a certain cause or make a certain petition to God, that doesn't mean they've ruled out every other course of action. I pray for the spiritual and bodily well being of my family every night, but I also work actively and physically to ensure it. I pray for the sick but I still think they should go to the doctor. I pray for the hungry but I still donate to Food For The Poor. There is no conflict here.

(Full Story)

#2 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:33 AM

Just exposes the absolute ignorance on the left about why Christians do what they do -- it's not about this life. . . .

#3 User is offline   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint
  • Group: Gold

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:23 AM

Leftists are scum, plain and simple.

#4 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:03 AM

View Postmjperry51, on 07 November 2017 - 06:33 AM, said:

Just exposes the absolute ignorance on the left about why Christians do what they do -- it's not about this life. . . .

Yep.

#5 User is offline   vectorsrule 

• Fear is excitement in need of an attitude adjustment
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

View PostThePatriot, on 07 November 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

:yeahthat: However, these days they are also dangerous. Like Communist/Nazi dangerous.

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:43 AM

View PostThePatriot, on 07 November 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

Amen.

:coolshades:

#7 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:27 PM

View Postmjperry51, on 07 November 2017 - 06:33 AM, said:

Exactly.

You gotta' keep in mind there are a couple reasons why the left hates Christianity.

#1. The 'state' is not the center of the universe and neither is any leader for that matter.
#2. You must be responsible for your own actions, doing certain things will have consequences, you are not free to do what ever makes you feel good.
#3. As you said, this life is simply a preparation for the next one.

There are certainly more, but I think these are the biggest three.

Oki

#8 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:29 PM

I don't mock or criticize anyone who sincerely prays for the victims of crimes or tragedies. I believe that these are important and helpful. It's the trite and vapid response on social media where these 'thoughts and prayers' are splashed all over their Facebook pages that I object to. It's the religious equivalence to coloring your profile picture with the French flag. It becomes less about the victims and more about the poster himself.

I find it particularly obnoxious when some media personality puts on a sad face and gives these phony platitudes about how 'our thoughts and prayers are with the...'. Barf! It's cynical and artificial and I don't buy it for a minute.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users