RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Texas church gunman escaped from mental health facility in 2012 after - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Texas church gunman escaped from mental health facility in 2012 after Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:04 PM

Texas church gunman escaped from mental health facility in 2012 after threatening military superiors
by Eva Ruth Moravec and Mark Berman
November 7 at 3:13 PM

NEW BRAUNFELS, Tex. — The gunman who opened fire in a church outside San Antonio, killing at least 26 people, escaped from a mental health facility in 2012 after he was caught sneaking guns onto an Air Force base and “attempting to carry out death threats” made against military superiors, according to a police report.

The report said officers with the El Paso, police were dispatched to a bus terminal after Devin P. Kelley‘s escape from a behavioral facility about seven miles away in New Mexico. Officers wrote they were told Kelley, who intended to take a bus out of the state, “was a danger to himself and others” at the time and noted that he “was also facing military criminal charges.”

[snip]

https://www.washingt...m=.e315c6b50767

We do not need more gun control laws. We need the government to enforce the laws we already have.

:insanity: :hairpull: :hairpull: :hairpull:

#2 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

Sounds like there doesn't need to be any new laws, just enforce the laws in existence.

#Devingunlawfail

This post has been edited by intotheblackhole: 07 November 2017 - 04:40 PM

#3 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:05 PM

View PostSARGE, on 07 November 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

Texas church gunman escaped from mental health facility in 2012 after threatening military superiors
by Eva Ruth Moravec and Mark Berman
November 7 at 3:13 PM

NEW BRAUNFELS, Tex. — The gunman who opened fire in a church outside San Antonio, killing at least 26 people, escaped from a mental health facility in 2012 after he was caught sneaking guns onto an Air Force base and “attempting to carry out death threats” made against military superiors, according to a police report.

The report said officers with the El Paso, police were dispatched to a bus terminal after Devin P. Kelley‘s escape from a behavioral facility about seven miles away in New Mexico. Officers wrote they were told Kelley, who intended to take a bus out of the state, “was a danger to himself and others” at the time and noted that he “was also facing military criminal charges.”

[snip]

https://www.washingt...m=.e315c6b50767

We do not need more gun control laws. We need the government to enforce the laws we already have.

:insanity: :hairpull: :hairpull: :hairpull:

And hold all of those within government accountable for their harmful actions.

#4 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:25 PM

View PostRock N, on 07 November 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

RNR, we rarely agree (me being an Alynskyite and all :rofl: ) however I concur.

Question is: How?

#5 User is online   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:04 PM

View PostRock N, on 07 November 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

Yes, yes, yes! Including judges and social services (i.e., CPS). They're accountable to no-one!

#6 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

"Escaped"? Or, "walked away from"? And was he legally "committed" or just "Ordered to report to..." by AF superiors.

I'm not being pedantic. This is all relevant to "Due process". I'm not against taking away 2A rights, when needed, but have a VERY high bar. I want to see a shipload of "Due Process". In triplicate.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 07 November 2017 - 07:36 PM

#7 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:51 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 07 November 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

"Escaped"? Or, "walked away from"? And was he legally "committed" or just "Ordered to report to..." by AF superiors.

I'm not being pedantic. This is all relevant to "Due process". I'm not against taking away 2A rights, when needed, but have a VERY high bar. I want to see a shipload of "Due Process". In triplicate.

Considering that what led to his being sent to a Mental Hospital was threats against officers and he was caught trying to sneak firearms on base I am thinking he was formally committed, or an if you don't go on your own we will drag your ass there type of order. I agree with you on the suspension of 2A rights, there needs to be a high bar. To say there weren't multiple red flags is an understatement, add in a healthy dose of f up and a limp wrist-ed mil judge and it set everything in motion. People who have done far less have gotten more time and worse terms of their end of service then did this animal.

Oki

#8 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:57 PM

View PostSARGE, on 07 November 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

RNR, we rarely agree (me being an Alynskyite and all :rofl: ) however I concur.

Question is: How?

Simple, the military is all about initialing and signing as to state you performed an action, when those actions are found to have not occurred or where not done properly you face dereliction of duty charges that carry a minimum of being reduced in rank a couple notches, that alone turns into a huge loss of $ $ $ for a retiring officer or senior N.C.O. Civilian side is much more difficult, but, maybe using the courts against this idiots would be a first step. IE suing a judge for wrong full death. Easy enough case to make, if you hadn't gone easy on the P.O.S. he would still be in jail right? And the murder victim would still be alive right? Also, maybe making judges live prisons and halfway(as well as ALL DEFENSE ATTORNEY'S) would also be helpfull, I am thinking it would certainly give them a new perspective.

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users