RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: McConnell calls on Moore to step aside if report on relations with tee - RightNation.US

McConnell calls on Moore to step aside if report on relations with tee Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:39 PM

McConnell calls on Moore to step aside if report on relations with teenagers is true

DANIEL STRAUSS and ELANA SCHOR
Politico
11/9/17

EXCERPT:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) called on the party's nominee for Senate in Alabama, Roy Moore, to withdraw from the race if a new report that he pursued teenage girls in his 30's is confirmed.

"If these allegations are true, he must step aside."

Other Republican senators also reacted with alarm to the report by the Washington Post. It quoted several women saying that Moore initiated contact with them when as teenagers, including one woman who said she had a sexual encounter with him when she was 14 and he was 32.

“The allegations against Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore are deeply troubling,” added Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee. “If these allegations are found to be true, Roy Moore must drop out of the Alabama special Senate election.”

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) was unequivocal. “I’m horrified, and if this is true he needs to step down immediately,” she told reporters.

“It’s a nasty story, I don’t know anything about it,” added Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.). Asked if Moore should withdraw, Shelby said, “Let’s see how the story runs."

Pressed further on the issue, Shelby said, “I supported Sen. Strange, you all know that.” He was referring to Sen. Luther Strange, whom Moore defeated in a Republican primary.

The report quotes Leigh Corfman, who Moore reportedly started the sexual relationship with her when he was an assistant district attorney in 1979.

According to the Post, Moore approached Corfman outside a courtroom in Etowah County. At the time, Corfman was sitting with her mother. Moore got her phone number and then days later took her to his house in the woods and kissed her. During a second visit, according to Corfman, Moore took her clothes off as well as his own and ran his hand over her body and her hand over his underwear.

Corfman recounted her story in a consistent fashion during six interviews, according to the Post.

(Full Story)

#2 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

View PostModerator T, on 09 November 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

Corfman recounted her story in a consistent fashion during six interviews, according to the Post.

Really -- you've had how long to get it committed to memory?

#3 User is offline   Oathtaker 

• <no title>

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

View Postmjperry51, on 09 November 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

Really -- you've had how long to get it committed to memory?

The timing is a bit suspect.

That and the whole racist schtick has worn thin.

Perhaps they sacrificed one of their own in that pig Weinstien to change the narrative...

#4 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

View PostOathtaker, on 09 November 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

The timing is a bit suspect.

That and the whole racist schtick has worn thin.

Perhaps they sacrificed one of their own in that pig Weinstien to change the narrative...

Nah, Remember Roy Moore went to DC last week, so apparently they realized that he wouldn't play ball, so now they are trying to get rid of him. I will still be voting for him on December 12th.

#5 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:30 PM

Roy Moore is no stranger to the public eye.

Of ALL the times Moore has been in the spotlight over the past 20 or 30 years where she could have said, "Hey I recognize him, he molested me back then!", she waits until NOW to say something???

Nah. I don't believe a word of it.

#6 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:33 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 09 November 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

Roy Moore is no stranger to the public eye.

Of ALL the times Moore has been in the spotlight over the past 20 or 30 years where she could have said, "Hey I recognize him, he molested me back then!", she waits until NOW to say something???

Nah. I don't believe a word of it.

Yeah read the nonsense. The way they explain that off is her statement that she would have harmed her children. I really believe she got the right money offer as did her friends to go "oh yeah I remember this time..."

Innocent until proven guilty is the rule. Why did JMC and the clown circus rush out and demand he resign immediately? JMC was charged with corruption years ago, yet he didn't go to jail nor did he resign from the Senate. Why the double standard?

#7 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

Ii feel it is a great example of just how desperate the dimocrats have become. Right now, due to libtards being unable to keep their mitts off children, the Washington Pest comes up with this. After his highly public life, I personally find it impossible to believe this BS wouldn't have come up before. Just more fake news... :2cents:

#8 User is offline   Oathtaker 

• <no title>

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 09 November 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

Nah, Remember Roy Moore went to DC last week, so apparently they realized that he wouldn't play ball, so now they are trying to get rid of him. I will still be voting for him on December 12th.

Makes sense to me.

I hope he wins.

#9 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:59 PM

Alabama state auditor defends Roy Moore against sexual allegations, invokes Mary and Joseph

by Philip Wegmann | Nov 9, 2017, 3:30 PM

Judge Roy Moore, the Republican candidate for Alabama's upcoming special Senate election, denies allegations that he romantically pursued teenagers as young as 14 when he was in his 30s. Even if the allegations are true, one statewide elected official in Alabama said it's "much ado about nothing."
“There is nothing to see here,” Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told the Washington Examiner. “The allegations are that a man in his early 30s dated teenage girls. Even the Washington Post report says that he never had sexual intercourse with any of the girls and never attempted sexual intercourse.”

After interviews with more than 30 people, the Washington Post reported Thursday that Moore engaged in sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl when he was 32 years old and a powerful attorney in a small Alabama town.

The young girl, Leigh Corfman, said Moore touched her over her bra and underpants, guiding her hand to his shorts. “I wanted it over with — I wanted out,” she recalled. “Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over.”

Ziegler seemed unconcerned about that allegation and told the Washington Examiner that any political concern would be mitigated by three things. Moore never had “sexual intercourse” with the girl. Their relationship “happened almost 40 years ago.” And finally, “Roy Moore fell in love with one of the younger women.”

<snip>

“Take the Bible. Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist,” Ziegler said choosing his words carefully before invoking Christ. “Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

<snip>

Link

I see. It's a holy thing..

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 09 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

#10 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:03 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 November 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

Alabama state auditor defends Roy Moore against sexual allegations, invokes Mary and Joseph

by Philip Wegmann | Nov 9, 2017, 3:30 PM

Judge Roy Moore, the Republican candidate for Alabama's upcoming special Senate election, denies allegations that he romantically pursued teenagers as young as 14 when he was in his 30s. Even if the allegations are true, one statewide elected official in Alabama said it's "much ado about nothing."
“There is nothing to see here,” Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told the Washington Examiner. “The allegations are that a man in his early 30s dated teenage girls. Even the Washington Post report says that he never had sexual intercourse with any of the girls and never attempted sexual intercourse.”

After interviews with more than 30 people, the Washington Post reported Thursday that Moore engaged in sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl when he was 32 years old and a powerful attorney in a small Alabama town.

The young girl, Leigh Corfman, said Moore touched her over her bra and underpants, guiding her hand to his shorts. “I wanted it over with — I wanted out,” she recalled. “Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over.”

Ziegler seemed unconcerned about that allegation and told the Washington Examiner that any political concern would be mitigated by three things. Moore never had “sexual intercourse” with the girl. Their relationship “happened almost 40 years ago.” And finally, “Roy Moore fell in love with one of the younger women.”

<snip>

“Take the Bible. Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist,” Ziegler said choosing his words carefully before invoking Christ. “Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

<snip>

Link

I see. It's a holy thing..

So to you, he's guilty because these "women" came out 40 years later to attack and smear him? DO you still defend Hillary and Bill against those claims too?

#11 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:14 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 09 November 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

So to you, he's guilty because these "women" came out 40 years later to attack and smear him? DO you still defend Hillary and Bill against those claims too?

When have I defended Billary? I have pointed out that, when it came to other people, some Republican responses were different than when old accusation about the Clintons came out.

I didn't say he was guilty. Time will tell.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 09 November 2017 - 06:19 PM

#12 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:42 PM

It would be awesome if Roy Moore were elected to the US Senate so the GOP could spend the next six years disavowing the crazy convoluted crap that comes out of his mouth, but after reading through various accounts, my feeling is these charges are true.

Will Alabamans care?

#13 User is offline   Weaseljd 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:10 PM

It is amazing how just because this guy has an ® behind his name everyone immediately rushes to defend him, but I bet the same people here, if it was a (D), would also be calling him a creep and calling on him to resign. As I have often felt, the right is just as guilty of the left of having blinders when it comes to their own party.

Frankly, I think McConnell is right - if the allegations are true (WHICH IS ALL MCCONNELL SAID) then he does need to drop out.

And the timing is not suspicious to me. With the Harvey Weinstein thing, suddenly all these old claims are coming out of the woodwork. Its like this has pulled the cork on the bottle.

#14 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:32 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 November 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

When have I defended Billary? I have pointed out that, when it came to other people, some Republican responses were different than when old accusation about the Clintons came out.

I didn't say he was guilty. Time will tell.

NO, you implied he was guilty with that trite comment about religion.

#15 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 November 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

It would be awesome if Roy Moore were elected to the US Senate so the GOP could spend the next six years disavowing the crazy convoluted crap that comes out of his mouth, but after reading through various accounts, my feeling is these charges are true.

Will Alabamans care?

So after doing massive amounts of "reading" one side of a story that is almost 40 years old but told as if it were yesterday by "all available witnesses" you have tried convicted and determined a sentence?

Good on you.

Oh and as a person IN Alabama, not one bit. These allegations are crap.

#16 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:14 PM

Herman Caining him.

#17 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Got Wiener?

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:35 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 November 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

Will Alabamans care?

Can't wait til you're adult age.

#18 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Got Wiener?

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

View PostWeaseljd, on 09 November 2017 - 09:10 PM, said:

It is amazing how just because this guy has an ® behind his name everyone immediately rushes to defend him, but I bet the same people here, if it was a (D), would also be calling him a creep and calling on him to resign. As I have often felt, the right is just as guilty of the left of having blinders when it comes to their own party.

Frankly, I think McConnell is right - if the allegations are true (WHICH IS ALL MCCONNELL SAID) then he does need to drop out.

And the timing is not suspicious to me. With the Harvey Weinstein thing, suddenly all these old claims are coming out of the woodwork. Its like this has pulled the cork on the bottle.

How will the allegations from 40 years ago be proven true? They cannot. Neither can they be definitively disproven.

This will be the new MO with the left. They've see how effective it is with Weinstein and Spacey. They're now persona non grata. So, left wants to taint a sure-win conservative? Bring out an accusation so old that there's no evidence pro or con; a classic he said/she said. Moore can defend himself til the end of the Age, and her accusation will stand. He cannot prove a negative. Neither can be proved in the absence of a witness or a love child, which nobody is claiming either.

Instant supposed "win" for the Dark Side.

#19 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:24 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 09 November 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

Can't wait til you're adult age.

Some never grow up.

#20 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:58 PM

View PostUSNRETWIFE, on 09 November 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

Herman Caining him.

Yep.

And pretty much every Republican when they are getting harder to beat. Remember McCain's and Trump's. Edit to add: not that McCain was hard to beat. :lol:

This post has been edited by ilja: 09 November 2017 - 11:58 PM

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users