RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Is Hollywood Support Now A Liability For Democrats? - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is Hollywood Support Now A Liability For Democrats? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:49 AM

Is Hollywood Support Now A Liability For Democrats?

PJ Media
By Tom Knighton
November 9, 2017

Excerpt:

Hollywood has long been a safe and secure stronghold for Democrats. It was where they could safely raise a great deal of money while still pretending to care about the little guy. After all, these aren't your typical rich people: they make movies! That means they're regular folks who understand the people, despite never associating with any regular folks ever.

The Hollywood elite always lined up to endorse the latest Democrat darling. They'd stump for them: the allure of a celebrity in the flesh would lure potential voters out to rallies, then convince them to vote Dem on the strength of the actor's charisma.

But then the world learned about Harvey Weinstein.

Numerous women, including big names like Gwyneth Paltrow and Ashley Judd, stepped forward to describe his abuse, and something snapped. Suddenly, there was a flood of allegations about Weinstein -- and about many other celebrities.

In the last day or so alone, we've heard accusations from Portia de Rossi that Steven Seagal propositioned her; a report that Amazon is investigating allegations against veteran actor Jeffery Tambor; an accusation that Charlie Sheen raped the late Corey Haim when Haim was 13; news that Kevin Spacey was completely removed from a film he'd already finished after allegations of sexual advances on teenage males; and the woman who accused director Brett Ratner of rape speaking out.

And that's a drop in the bucket on the sexual impropriety news.

There are allegations against Ben Affleck, Oliver Stone, Harvey's brother Ben Weinstein, Jeremy Piven, Dustin Hoffman, and others. And the claims leveled by Corey Feldman of rampant pedophilia in Hollywood -- well, Feldman has started to name names.

Knowing this, I can't help but wonder how Hollywood will be viewed in the upcoming midterm elections.

Yes, Democrats had a big night earlier this week, but in a blue state against a Jeb-like, handpicked establishment candidate. If they're going to take back Congress, they need wins in places that are actually up for grabs.

That means they'll need money, and Hollywood has typically been a nice source of income and support.

Americans are tolerant of a lot of things, and that's good. But we're not tolerant of an environment that supported and protected predators.

It seems highly unlikely that the succor Hollywood has given progressive candidates through the years will benefit campaigns in 2018.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint
  • Group: Gold

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:30 AM

Democrats don't care about women or minorities - all they have ever done is abuse them.

The abuse in Hollywood has long been known, but did they ever do anything about it? No. They accepted it as a price to get Hollywood money and power.

The sacrifice of women and children to rapists and pedophiles meant precisely nothing to them and only now that victims are actually coming forward are they suddenly pretending to care.

But don't worry, they'll somehow convince themselves it's all Trump's fault!

#3 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:13 AM

View PostThePatriot, on 10 November 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

Democrats don't care about women or minorities - all they have ever done is abuse them.

The abuse in Hollywood has long been known, but did they ever do anything about it? No. They accepted it as a price to get Hollywood money and power.

The sacrifice of women and children to rapists and pedophiles meant precisely nothing to them and only now that victims are actually coming forward are they suddenly pretending to care.

But don't worry, they'll somehow convince themselves it's all Trump's fault!

It sure doesn't mean much to the lamestream media because they are acting as if the rape and pedophilia are okay and normal, especially when done by homosexuals like Spacey.

The masses are awake and are tired and angry of this deviant behavior of the celebritards and everyone else doing it too.

The silent majority are no longer silent about this.

This is why these degenerates are all having their meltdowns because their decades of quietly getting away with this are about over.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 10 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

#4 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:05 AM

View PostLiz, on 10 November 2017 - 04:49 AM, said:

Hollywood has long been a safe and secure stronghold for Democrats. It was where they could safely raise a great deal of money while still pretending to care about the little guy. After all, these aren't your typical rich people: they make movies! That means they're regular folks who understand the people, despite never associating with any regular folks ever.

I'd say it's more that the typical 'Hollywood' type is a person with psychological issues who masks it with a career that consists of making a living by, when you distill "acting" down to it's essence, lying to the general public by pretending to be what you're not.

Which probably explains much about why Hollywood and Democrats are attracted to each other like mosquitos to a bug-zapper.

#5 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:18 AM

Then there are the men and women who knew about this stuff going on and never said a thing.

This post has been edited by intotheblackhole: 10 November 2017 - 10:18 AM

#6 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:41 AM

View Postintotheblackhole, on 10 November 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

Then there are the men and women who knew about this stuff going on and never said a thing.

And yet most of them lecture to us how to live our lives, how to vote and what to believe?

They're mostly a bunch of mental defectives who are paid far more than their worth to pretend for a living.

#7 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:41 AM

Louis CK. Biting the dust.
http://www.cnn.com/2...duct/index.html

I hear a movie has been dropped as well.

#8 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:46 AM

The thing is all this "activity" creates a loss due process.

Everyone (from Weinstein to Judge Moore) is now guilty until proven innocent. The media and their partner the accusers have become judge and jury.

That's a problem. . .

Edit: Correct to Judge Moore

This post has been edited by mjperry51: 10 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

#9 User is offline   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:20 AM

View Postmjperry51, on 10 November 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

Everyone (from Weinstein to Judge Black) is now guilty until proven innocent. The media and their partner the accusers have become judge and jury.

That's a problem. . .

Modern day witch hunts. Trump-Russia, you did something to me 40 years ago, etc.

No proof, no evidence, just an accusation and you are guilty.

#10 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:44 AM

View Postmjperry51, on 10 November 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

Everyone (from Weinstein to Judge Black) is now guilty until proven innocent. The media and their partner the accusers have become judge and jury.

That's a problem. . .

Who is Judge Black?

#11 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:51 AM

View PostLadybird, on 10 November 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

Who is Judge Black?

Meant Judge Moore -- corrected. . .

#12 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:14 PM

Louis CK admission-

"These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true," he wrote. "But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn't a question. It's a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly."

http://www.cnn.com/2...logy/index.html

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 10 November 2017 - 02:18 PM

#13 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

View PostRock N, on 10 November 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

And yet most of them lecture to us how to live our lives, how to vote and what to believe?

They're mostly a bunch of mental defectives who are paid far more than their worth to pretend for a living.

Exactly right. Most of the time they’re acting like they know what they’re talking about.

#14 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:18 PM

View PostLadybird, on 10 November 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

Louis CK admission-

"These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true," he wrote. "But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn't a question. It's a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly."

http://www.cnn.com/2...logy/index.html

I'm not a Louis CK "Fan" - in fact I'm not even sure I've ever ever seen him beyond MAYBE catching an incidental glance on a TV I was walking past.

But if anyone comes out of this with his career (eventually) back to normal, my money is on him. One of the few if not the only, to actually "man up" to it.

#15 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 10 November 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

I'm not a Louis CK "Fan" - in fact I'm not even sure I've ever ever seen him beyond MAYBE catching an incidental glance on a TV I was walking past.

But if anyone comes out of this with his career (eventually) back to normal, my money is on him. One of the few if not the only, to actually "man up" to it.

That's how I see it too.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users