RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Sunderland Stepdad Explains Islam Homework Complaint - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sunderland Stepdad Explains Islam Homework Complaint Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:21 AM

Sunderland Stepdad Explains Islam Homework Complaint
I've been called a racist and a bigot': Stepfather explains why he complained when school asked his girl, 12, to write a letter for homework about becoming a Muslim

* Mark McLachlan's stepdaughter was asked to 'write about converting to Islam'
* The 43-year-old stopped her worrying what she would find during her research
* He says 'UK might turn into Islamic state' & doesn't want her to have false ideas
* Since posting it online he has been inundated with abuse and is 'terrified'

By Lara Keay For Mailonline

A stepfather who slammed his 12-year-old's school for making her write a letter about 'converting to Islam' has been called a 'racist bigot' and is terrified of violent repercussions. Mark McLachlan, 43, complained to Kepier School in Houghton-le-Spring, Sunderland when he found the homework task in his stepdaughter's planner. He refused to let her finish the 'letter to my family about converting to Islam', claiming it was 'brainwashing' her about the religion and did not see what it would achieve. But since posting about it on social media he says he has received a lot of abuse.

He told MailOnline: 'My wife and I are terrified of the repercussions. 'Any time anybody says anything negative about Islam they are torn to shreds.

"I've been called a racist and a bigot, but I'm just terrified for my children and for the way this country is going. 'In 50 years time I can see Britain becoming an Islamic state and my children and grandchildren are still going to be alive - I don't want them wearing a niqab.' Mr McLachlan, who has been with the 12-year-old's mother for five years, said he was particularly outraged by the task because he thinks she is being given a 'false representation of Islam'.

"My stepdaughter is coming home talking about the Prophet Muhammad and halal meat saying Islam is the religion of peace. But if she watched the news and knew about all the atrocities Islam has caused all over the world, she would know it isn't the religion of peace at all.'

The stepfather, who also has a daughter, stressed he has 'nothing but respect' for the deputy head of Kepier School, who was 'completely understanding of his concerns. He told MailOnline the teacher has agreed to hold a meeting to review the task and address his concerns.

LINK

Bold and Underline mine

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 11 November 2017 - 01:23 AM

#2 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

islam is the religion of bigotry, death, hatred, intolerance, mutilations, and the Earth would be a much better place without it.

#3 User is offline   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint
  • Group: Gold

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:26 PM

intotheblackhole, on 11 November 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

islam is the religion of bigotry, death, hatred, intolerance, mutilations, and the Earth would be a much better place without it.

Truer words have rarely been spoken...

#4 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:31 PM

ThePatriot, on 11 November 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

+1 ... even if I don't know why Islam came to be, but it has a purpose, as violent and horrible as it is.

#5 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:34 PM

View PostThePatriot, on 11 November 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

Especially by liberals.

#6 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:41 PM

View Postzurg, on 11 November 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

+1 ... even if I don't know why Islam came to be, but it has a purpose, as violent and horrible as it is.

islam came from Abraham and Haggar, Sarah's handmaiden, that produced Ishmael. Judiasm came from Abraham and Sarah, Abraham's wife and gave birth to Isaac.

Both religions claim that each side is the true descendants of Abraham and therefore the true lineage from Moses and Adam and Eve. Interestingly the Bible predicts that there will be hatred between the "children of Sarah and the children of Haggar". How accurate is that?

#7 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:44 AM

View Postintotheblackhole, on 11 November 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

islam came from Abraham and Haggar, Sarah's handmaiden, that produced Ishmael. Judiasm came from Abraham and Sarah, Abraham's wife and gave birth to Isaac.

Both religions claim that each side is the true descendants of Abraham and therefore the true lineage from Moses and Adam and Eve. Interestingly the Bible predicts that there will be hatred between the "children of Sarah and the children of Haggar". How accurate is that?

Yes, very accurate. But in addition to the "how" Islam happened, I wonder about "why".

#8 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

View Postzurg, on 12 November 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

Yes, very accurate. But in addition to the "how" Islam happened, I wonder about "why".

Because the Hebrews looked down at those descended from Haggar as not part of their "gang". At first there was a lot of tension between Ishmael and Isaac and that tension became worse over time. The descendants of Ishmael had to form their own "gang" so they created their own religion. Back then Jews were not very tolerant of other people who did not belong to the "gang" kind of like Democrats are today. I am sure there were ride by slashing and stabbings in those days. It was not safe to be in the turf of the other "gang".

#9 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:39 AM

And the reason they couldn't have the kids ALSO write letters about converting to Hindu, Buddhist, Seikh, or Jew was what again?
It's not like the only pre requisite had to be a kid picking a religion different than theirs or their parents. Nope, had to be one religion in particular.

Oki

This post has been edited by oki: 13 November 2017 - 10:35 AM

#10 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:41 AM

View Postintotheblackhole, on 11 November 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

Ya' know there are a number of Muslims who actually not only don't cause any trouble but are even fighting this cancer.
BUT, at the same time it says a lot in the fact that there is not one single corner of this planet which isn't having problems with Muslims.
Any thinking person would come to the conclusion that this must mean there is some pretty serious problems inherent to the institution itself.

Oki

#11 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

Sunderland is in the NE of England btw. For those unsure of UK geography.

#12 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:59 AM

View Postoki, on 13 November 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

Ya' know there are a number of Muslims who actually not only don't cause any trouble but are even fighting this cancer.
BUT, at the same time it says a lot in the fact that there is not one single corner of this planet which isn't having problems with Muslims.
Any thinking person would come to the conclusion that this must mean there is some pretty serious problems inherent to the institution itself.

Oki

Overall Islam is a problem. A huge problem. Like you I see good Muslims but they are quite rare.

#13 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:18 PM

View Postintotheblackhole, on 13 November 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

Overall Islam is a problem. A huge problem. Like you I see good Muslims but they are quite rare.

Yup, it really does beg the question of why are there problems everywhere there is any sizeable portion of Muslims?
Never mind Pittbulls killed far less people then did Muslims last year. As a society we are okay with calling a breed of Dog dangerous and placing all kinds of restrictions and bans on it, but be damned if we will use the same criteria in regards to a religion or people. Just saying that it's funny how some people will deal with one problem but refuse to use the same criteria when dealing with another even greater issue.

Oki

#14 User is offline   Italian Biker 

• <no title>

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

Where is the person from this site who usually defends and dismisses this type of thing as a necessity to teach about other cultures, you know, like diversity, multiculturalism, etc..... and it will help all the little bigoted Christians to be tolerant of muslims. Could you imagine the media <censored> storm if they had a muslim student draft a letter telling their families they're converting to Christianity or Hinduism, or, dare I say convert to Judaism. A muslim parent might even beat their child before realizing this was simply a school assignment designed to teach tolerance and diversity.

This post has been edited by Italian Biker: 13 November 2017 - 03:26 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users