RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: George Takei next one to fall - RightNation.US

Jump to content

George Takei next one to fall Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 6,848
  • Joined: 08-May 03

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:16 AM

Oh Georgie, you big flamin hypocrite.

https://www.google.c...el-1981-1056698
0

#2 User is offline   Natural Selection 

  • Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 15,482
  • Joined: 31-December 03

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:29 AM

Am I imagining things, or has there been a huge surge of sexual assault claims in the last month?
0

#3 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

  • School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 17,217
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:48 AM

I'm not a fan of George Takei; He was a decent actor in Star Trek back in the day, but I disagree with him on just about everything that he's voiced an opinion on these days.

But... I'll give him the same benefit of the doubt I'm giving Judge Roy Moore.
0

#4 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

  • Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator
  • Posts: 18,232
  • Joined: 03-November 04

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:53 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 11 November 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

I'm not a fan of George Takei; He was a decent actor in Star Trek back in the day, but I disagree with him on just about everything that he's voiced an opinion on these days.

But... I'll give him the same benefit of the doubt I'm giving Judge Roy Moore.

Me. Too.
0

#5 User is offline   firecoco 

  • Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 14,436
  • Joined: 21-October 03

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:03 AM

I'm still going to vote for George Takei
0

#6 User is offline   erp 

  • Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 34,472
  • Joined: 29-November 03

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

Takei is an obnoxious ass. Donít care one way or another about this, however.

This all getting to the point of the absurd. Iím starting not to care at all about any of these claims anymore.

These 30 year old allegations are getting, well, old.
0

#7 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 6,848
  • Joined: 08-May 03

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:45 AM

Sure. He gets the same benefit of the doubt that Roy Moore deserves. But listen to this and ask yourself if this is rationalization in its purest form:

http://www.patheos.c...s-persuade-sex/


Georgie says molesting is about power, and that's wrong. When it's about sex, it's ok.

So if you're on a date, and you move on your date and if you are not your dates boss, and she says No, then it's ok to keep moving on her. Because when you tell yourself it isn't about power and its just about sex, you get to do whatever you want to do.

Georgie the hypocritical little <censored>. It's Not Abuse When We Do It.
0

#8 User is offline   Censport 

  • @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 14,433
  • Joined: 13-August 03

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:59 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 11 November 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

I'm not a fan of George Takei; He was a decent actor in Star Trek back in the day, but I disagree with him on just about everything that he's voiced an opinion on these days.

But... I'll give him the same benefit of the doubt I'm giving Judge Roy Moore.

I've heard him complain that his role wasn't big enough. Shut up and drive the ship, Sulu.

Maybe he can go back on Howard Stern's show and laugh it off like he did about being raped at summer camp.

0

#9 User is offline   Crabby Appleton 

  • Aha!
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 8,089
  • Joined: 10-July 04

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:50 PM

We seem to live in an era of instantaneous trends and movements. Right now we are in the throes of an avalanche of sexual misconduct accusations. When legitimate, they are serious, but folks need to be reminded that accusers can lie and a whole series of these accusations turned out to be unfounded, a couple being the Duke lacrosse claims and the Rolling Stone claims about a University of Virginia fraternity. Anymore it seems, particularly after an edict from the Obama administration regarding Title IX funding, that claims are automatically assumed to be true, and the accused need to prove their innocence. I don't like George Take, but he needs to be afforded the same presumption of innocence that anyone else deserves.
0

#10 User is offline   Big Dave 

  • ...and yes, I am compensating for something.
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 2,127
  • Joined: 03-March 04

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:26 PM

"Oh, my..........."
0

#11 User is offline   Severian 

  • Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 10,507
  • Joined: 14-February 04

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

I remember when he came out...my reaction was Meh, big surprise. I remember watching the episode, when I was old enough to know about gays, where he runs around the ship with a sword and no shirt on claiming to be a Musketeer, and thinking now there's a gay blade. Not that I care, his constant bleating for far left issues annoys me, his being gay is a big who cares.
0

#12 User is offline   ThePatriot 

  • Warpaint
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 26,361
  • Joined: 17-August 03

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:22 PM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 11 November 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

Sure. He gets the same benefit of the doubt that Roy Moore deserves. But listen to this and ask yourself if this is rationalization in its purest form:

http://www.patheos.c...s-persuade-sex/


Georgie says molesting is about power, and that's wrong. When it's about sex, it's ok.

So if you're on a date, and you move on your date and if you are not your dates boss, and she says No, then it's ok to keep moving on her. Because when you tell yourself it isn't about power and its just about sex, you get to do whatever you want to do.

Georgie the hypocritical little <censored>. It's Not Abuse When We Do It.

Takei's a scumbag.
0

#13 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 46,698
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

View PostSeverian, on 11 November 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

I remember when he came out...my reaction was Meh, big surprise. I remember watching the episode, when I was old enough to know about gays, where he runs around the ship with a sword and no shirt on claiming to be a Musketeer, and thinking now there's a gay blade. Not that I care, his constant bleating for far left issues annoys me, his being gay is a big who cares.


Exactly.

"You hate gays!"

Nope.

"Then you hate Asians!"

Nope.

"Then you hate actors!"

Well....

"You hate lying leftist scumbags!"

Now you've got it!

:yes:
0

#14 User is offline   Magic Rat 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 5,541
  • Joined: 12-April 04

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:20 PM

I don't know if it's true or not and actually don't care. It will be refreshing to not have to hear about him all the time. He's famous for playing a minor character on a cult TV show and for being gay. That's about it. I don't like him or dislike him. I am just tired of him.
0

#15 User is online   Howsithangin 

  • I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 24,898
  • Joined: 07-March 08

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:30 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 11 November 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

Am I imagining things, or has there been a huge surge of sexual assault claims in the last month?

The UK Daily Mail, which is the only paper I read, has a new one daily. No, you're not imagining things. The body count is really stacking up.
0

#16 User is online   Howsithangin 

  • I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 24,898
  • Joined: 07-March 08

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 11 November 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

I don't know if it's true or not and actually don't care. It will be refreshing to not have to hear about him all the time. He's famous for playing a minor character on a cult TV show and for being gay. That's about it. I don't like him or dislike him. I am just tired of him.

Several years back, when he visited the Howard Stern Show, and really played up the "Gay Sulu" act as schtick, it was amusing. I had him on my FB feed because he had a sardonic wit, and I liked the one-liners. Then he got political, and I dropped him like a hot rock. Been sick of him for 3-4 years. He's devolved into the type of Hollyweird Celebrity SJW, and what's worse, of the "I'm-a-special-interest-group-with-an-axe-to-grind-and-I whine-a-lot" kind.

Just tired of him indeed
0

#17 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

  • School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 17,217
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 11 November 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

I don't know if it's true or not and actually don't care. It will be refreshing to not have to hear about him all the time. He's famous for playing a minor character on a cult TV show and for being gay. That's about it. I don't like him or dislike him. I am just tired of him.

:yeahthat:

He is (or WAS, until this) somehow sort of a 'thing' in social media now, especially with his "Oh, My" schtick. I've no idea why. I just don't get it.
0

#18 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

  • Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 25,107
  • Joined: 29-May 03

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:31 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 11 November 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

Several years back, when he visited the Howard Stern Show, and really played up the "Gay Sulu" act as schtick, it was amusing. I had him on my FB feed because he had a sardonic wit, and I liked the one-liners. Then he got political, and I dropped him like a hot rock. Been sick of him for 3-4 years. He's devolved into the type of Hollyweird Celebrity SJW, and what's worse, of the "I'm-a-special-interest-group-with-an-axe-to-grind-and-I whine-a-lot" kind.

Just tired of him indeed

Me too.
0

#19 User is offline   scotsman 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 15,505
  • Joined: 02-December 03

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:13 AM

Oh my.
0

#20 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 10,649
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:02 AM

View PostCensport, on 11 November 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

I've heard him complain that his role wasn't big enough. Shut up and drive the ship, Sulu.

Maybe he can go back on Howard Stern's show and laugh it off like he did about being raped at summer camp.



0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users