RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Networks Downplay Senator Warren’s Lies About Her Heritage - RightNation.US

Networks Downplay Senator Warren’s Lies About Her Heritage Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:54 PM

Networks Downplay Senator Warren’s Lies About Her Heritage

NewsBusters
By Nicholas Fondacaro
November 27, 2017 9:36 PM EST

Excerpt:

On Monday, President Trump caused a stir in the liberal media when he mocked Democratic Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren as “Pocahontas” during an Oval Office event to honor the work of Navajo code talkers during World War II. The Big Three Networks rushed to claim Trump was whipping around a racial slur, but meanwhile, they brushed over where the moniker came from: Warren’s dubious claims she was of Native-American heritage, which she used to gain an advantage in forwarding her career.

“Democrats quickly called it a racial slur. Warren called it disturbing,” highlighted Correspondent Nancy Cordes during CBS Evening News. “President Trump has used that name to peg his progressive foe many times before (…) It's a reference to the Massachusetts Senator’s past claims of Cherokee ancestry.” She followed that up with a clip of Warren defending herself, but no explanation about how she used those claims to get ahead or any background to the controversy.

To kick off NBC Nightly News, Anchor Lester Holt declared: “It is a derogatory nickname he often uses to attack Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren but the place and moment has the White House tonight defending the President from accusations of racial insensitivity.”

White House Correspondent Kristen Welker downplayed Warren’s lying as best she could, only noting how “Warren came under fire as a Senate candidate for claiming Native-American ancestry during her academic career.” But Welker touted the way in which the Senator “lashed out” at the President. “It is deeply unfortunate that the President of the United States cannot even make it through a ceremony honoring these heroes without having to throw out a racial slur,” Warren spat in an interview.

And while delivering his report on ABC’s World News Tonight, White House Correspondent Jon Karl barely touched Warren’s deception. He merely stated:

The three Navajo heroes, all in their 90s, reacted with silence. The venue was new, but the insult is one the President used over and over again during the campaign to attack Senator Elizabeth Warren, who came under fire in 2012 for claiming, without any proof, to have native American heritage.

In a report by CNN from the Summer of 2016, they document just how dubious Warren’s claims of Native-American heritage were. “Warren says, yes, she is, and points to ‘family stories’ passed down to her through generations as evidence,” wrote Gregory Krieg. “In that account and others, a genealogist traced Warren's Native American heritage to the late 19th century, which, if true, would make her 1/32 Native American. (However, the legitimacy of those findings has been debated.)”

The CNN piece actually noted how The Washington Post’s fact checkers had thrown up their hands and gave up trying to figure out if Warren’s claims were accurate.

*snip*

Full Story

Bolding is in the original.

#2 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:33 AM

It was all CNN could talk about from what I could see on the screen in the coffee shop when I passed by 3x (it's by the building exit)

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:26 AM

I thought he said "Fauxcahontas", not "Pocahontas". And that would be more accurate anyway. (My favorite is "Lieawatha".)

It's not a racial slur. It's a pointed remark about Warren's dishonesty.

B)

#4 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:25 AM

I started out disliking Sarah Sanders because I'm no fan of her father's but after watching her handle the press for a few months, I've certainly changed my mind.

#5 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:15 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 28 November 2017 - 02:26 AM, said:

I thought he said "Fauxcahontas", not "Pocahontas". And that would be more accurate anyway. (My favorite is "Lieawatha".)

B)

Why couldn't he just honor the two Navajo gentleman without being an ass? It was supposed to be about them, not Trump or Warren.
And yes it is a slur when the name used as an insult. Trump has been told this before, but he doesn't give a <censored> because everything is always about him.

#6 User is offline   Big Dave 

• ...and yes, I am compensating for something.
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:01 AM

View PostLadybird, on 28 November 2017 - 05:15 AM, said:

Why couldn't he just honor the two Navajo gentleman without being an ass? It was supposed to be about them, not Trump or Warren.
And yes it is a slur when the name used as an insult. Trump has been told this before, but he doesn't give a <censored> because everything is always about him.

Why couldn't Barack Obama ever honor anyone without making it all about himself? No one can hold a candle to the narcissism he portrayed on an almost minute by minute basis, and Warren should have been called on this lie a long time ago. Her life is a "racial slur" because she used this lie to get where she is completely.

#7 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Got Wiener?
  • Group: Silver

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:14 AM

Wasn't Pocahontas a real person? Is her name a slur? You heapum butthurt over another big nothing because it's Pres. Trump saying it. Big Dave is right about your amnesia/selective outrage about Barack Hussein AllaboutME AlltheTime Half-Cracka Obamalamadingdong. If I were you, I'd get some good soothing ointment. It's gonna be a long four years for you.

#8 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:37 AM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 28 November 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

Wasn't Pocahontas a real person? Is her name a slur? You heapum butthurt over another big nothing because it's Pres. Trump saying it. Big Dave is right about your amnesia/selective outrage about Barack Hussein AllaboutME AlltheTime Half-Cracka Obamalamadingdong. If I were you, I'd get some good soothing ointment. It's gonna be a long four years for you.

Oh but Onama was a meanie too! What about Obama! How lame and childish some on the right have become. In any case..,

Hymie is a name too.

Trump was using Pocahontas to insult Warren once again, because it is historically refenced to Native Americans. Similarly, many people here pick out what they think are typical black names and use them in a derogatory fashion too. It is the same thing

This event had nothing to do with Elizabeth Warren, who as far as I can tell never claimed kinship with Pocahontas or the two Navajo men being recognized. If she did, take it up with her at another time, if it matters so much.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 28 November 2017 - 08:49 AM

#9 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:10 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 28 November 2017 - 02:26 AM, said:

B)

I heard "Fauxcahontas" as well. Trump aimed his remark at Warren personally.

Why? Two reasons. The first Trump because is an ass.

The second reason is the Democrats have used every opportunity to make everything about Trump in the run-up to the 2018 and 2020 elections. Theirs is a constant smear campaign whether with thinly veiled slights or through their proxies in the media. Progressives are politics 24/7 non-stop.

Was Trump being an asshat during his meeting with the code talkers? Yes. Did he bring to attention that Elizabeth Warren, a potential opponent in the 2020 election, is a fraud? Yes. Add it up: two wrongs don't make a right. However, when 2020 rolls around, people won't be whining about Trump's "Fauxcahontas" comment under a portrait of Andrew Jackson (let that sink in for a second). They will be looking at Elizabeth Warren wanting to see her Ancestry.com results.

While in poor taste, Trump has already put Warren on the defensive. She's coming across as "Stupid Cow Who Should Really Shut Face" rather than a proud 1/32-Cherokee Ivy League lawyer. Democrats are counting coup. Trump is taking scalps.

#10 User is online   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:10 AM

View PostLadybird, on 28 November 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

Oh but Onama was a meanie too! What about Obama! How lame and childish some on the right have become. In any case..,

Hymie is a name too.

Trump was using Pocahontas to insult Warren once again, because it is historically refenced to Native Americans. Similarly, many people here pick out what they think are typical black names and use them in a derogatory fashion too. It is the same thing

This event had nothing to do with Elizabeth Warren, who as far as I can tell never claimed kinship with Pocahontas or the two Navajo men being recognized. If she did, take it up with her at another time, if it matters so much.

People are just sick of your double standard. That's why Obama was mentioned. As for Warren, she brought this all on herself with he lies of Native heritage and using said lies to get ahead. My brother is half black, but he refuses to use it to get ahead. He thinks that a person's abilities should be put above skin color. So did MLK, but most of the liberal blacks I interact with forgot that part.

So, take your feigned outrage elsewhere, cuz we ain't taking the bait.

#11 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Got Wiener?

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:14 AM

Hymie is a name too.

Where were you from January '09 to January '17? Kindergarten or asleep? Like I said, get some ointment. You're butthurt is going to be chronic, along with your doublestandarditis.

#12 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:17 AM

View PostTea Party Hooligan, on 28 November 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

People are just sick of your double standard. That's why Obama was mentioned. As for Warren, she brought this all on herself with he lies of Native heritage and using said lies to get ahead. My brother is half black, but he refuses to use it to get ahead. He thinks that a person's abilities should be put above skin color. So did MLK, but most of the liberal blacks I interact with forgot that part.

So, take your feigned outrage elsewhere, cuz we ain't taking the bait.

The recognition for those men had nothing to do with Elizabeth Warren.

#13 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Got Wiener?

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:19 AM

View Postgravelrash, on 28 November 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

I heard "Fauxcahontas" as well. Trump aimed his remark at Warren personally.

Why? Two reasons. The first Trump because is an ass.

The second reason is the Democrats have used every opportunity to make everything about Trump in the run-up to the 2018 and 2020 elections. Theirs is a constant smear campaign whether with thinly veiled slights or through their proxies in the media. Progressives are politics 24/7 non-stop.

Was Trump being an asshat during his meeting with the code talkers? Yes. Did he bring to attention that Elizabeth Warren, a potential opponent in the 2020 election, is a fraud? Yes. Add it up: two wrongs don't make a right. However, when 2020 rolls around, people won't be whining about Trump's "Fauxcahontas" comment under a portrait of Andrew Jackson (let that sink in for a second). They will be looking at Elizabeth Warren wanting to see her Ancestry.com results.

While in poor taste, Trump has already put Warren on the defensive. She's coming across as "Stupid Cow Who Should Really Shut Face" rather than a proud 1/32-Cherokee Ivy League lawyer. Democrats are counting coup. Trump is taking scalps.

As "inelegant" as it might have seemed, especially to the perpetually aggrieved, Trump drew a clear, contrasting distinction between true Native American heroes and a shameless false Native American wannaclaim, Warren. Warren desires nothing about Native American heritage aside from a box she checked on a form. It was a perfect time to call out one of his detractors.

View PostLadybird, on 28 November 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

Sez you. Have they made any statements? Perhaps they think Warren's an asshat, too.

This post has been edited by Noclevermoniker: 28 November 2017 - 09:20 AM

#14 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

Trump was using Pocahontas to insult Warren once again, because it is historically refenced to Native Americans.

Patently untrue.

He used Pocahantas or, more likely, Fauxcahontas, because WARREN LIED AND CLAIMED AN ETHNICITY SHE DOES NOT HOLD IN ORDER TO GET PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT. Had she not LIED, no one would be calling her anything because she wouldn't have been hired at Harvard and would never have come to the attention of the absolute morons who elect Democrats in Massachusetts.

Don't want to be called out on a lie? Don't lie? Don't want the call out to be race based? Don't lie about race.

This is 100% on Fauxcahontas.

Agreed.

That being said, are you truly surprised that a President used an event honoring non-politicians to make a political statement? Really?

Donald Trump must be the first President to ever do this!! :sarcasm:

#15 User is online   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

View PostLadybird, on 28 November 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

Oh, but it did have something to do with Warren. Every time she told her BS, and was rewarded for it, she was diminishing the heritage of real Native Americans, including the Code Talkers. That broad is as white as the Abominable Snowman throwing a snowball in a blizzard. Just like Talcum X (Sean(sp?) King of BLM), or Rachel Dolezal of the NAACP.

This post has been edited by Tea Party Hooligan: 28 November 2017 - 10:40 AM

#16 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:24 AM

View PostLiz, on 28 November 2017 - 03:25 AM, said:

I started out disliking Sarah Sanders because I'm no fan of her father's but after watching her handle the press for a few months, I've certainly changed my mind.

Same here, on both counts: Don't care for her father, but I'm getting more & more impressed by Sarah every time I hear her.

I call men "Nancy" when I think they're being less-than-manly. Is that a slur against women? Sometimes I refer to them as "cupcake". Is that a slur against pastry?

Sorry, but calling a specific person "Fauxcahontas", because that specific person has shamelessly lied about having a native American heritage, is no slur against native Americans. If anything, it's her lies that are the slurs.

People today try WAY too hard to find reasons to be "offended" over nothing at all.

:rolleyes:

#17 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:31 AM

Looks like Trump's remarks had the intended effect/result! :lol:

Because you're :tantrum: over it!

:D

#18 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:33 AM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 28 November 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

:high5:

https://reclaimourrepublic.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/trump-butt-hurt-salve.jpg

#19 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:35 AM

Hymie is a name too.

SO WHAT? :biglaugh:

#20 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:38 AM

View PostTea Party Hooligan, on 28 November 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Oh, but it did have something to do with Warren. Every time she told her BS, and was rewarded for it, she was diminishing the heritage of real Native Americans, including the Code Talkers. That broad is as white as the Abominable Snowman throwing a snowball in a blizzard. Just like Talcum X (Sean(sp?) King of BLM), or Rachel Dolezal of the NAACP.

:exactly:

View PostMontyPython, on 28 November 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

Same here, on both counts: Don't care for her father, but I'm getting more & more impressed by Sarah every time I hear her.

I call men "Nancy" when I think they're being less-than-manly. Is that a slur against women? Sometimes I refer to them as "cupcake". Is that a slur against pastry?

Sorry, but calling a specific person "Fauxcahontas", because that specific person has shamelessly lied about having a native American heritage, is no slur against native Americans. If anything, it's her lies that are the slurs.

People today try WAY too hard to find reasons to be "offended" over nothing at all.

:rolleyes:

:yeahthat: :exactly: :welldone: :clap:

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users