RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Steinle Verdict (Merged) - RightNation.US

Steinle Verdict (Merged) Kate Steinle trial: Garcia Zarate acquitted in San Francisco pier kill Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:34 AM

Not Guilty.

I'm too enraged to wax poetic or eloquently.

I'm sure you've all heard about the verdict for yourselves anyway.

:censored: :redhot: :censored: :redhot: :censored:

#2 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:39 AM

Kate Steinle Trial: Garcia Zarate Acquitted In San Francisco Pier Killing

SF Gate
By Vivian Ho
Updated 8:49 pm, Thursday, November 30, 2017

Excerpt:

A jury handed a stunning acquittal on murder and manslaughter charges to a homeless undocumented immigrant whose arrest in the killing of Kate Steinle on a San Francisco Bay pier intensified a national debate over sanctuary laws.

In returning its verdict Thursday afternoon on the sixth day of deliberations, the Superior Court jury also pronounced Jose Ines Garcia Zarate not guilty of assault with a firearm, finding credence in defense attorneys’ argument that the shot that ricocheted off the concrete ground before piercing Steinle’s heart was an accident, with the gun discharging after the defendant stumbled upon it on the waterfront on July 1, 2015.

Garcia Zarate, a 45-year-old Mexican citizen who was released from city jail before the killing despite a federal request that he be held for his sixth deportation, was convicted of a single lesser charge of being a felon in possession of a gun. He faces a sentence of 16 months, two years or three years in state prison. Garcia Zarate, who has already served well over two years in jail and gets credit for that time, will be sentenced at a date not yet determined.

The verdict set off a flurry of reactions. Defense attorneys said the case had been overcharged, while U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions blamed the killing on San Francisco’s policy of refusing cooperation with immigration agents. Jim Steinle, who had been strolling on the pier with his daughter when she fell, told The Chronicle he was “saddened and shocked,” adding, “Justice was rendered, but it was not served.”

Garcia Zarate showed little emotion when the verdict was read but hugged his attorneys. Public Defender Jeff Adachi, whose office represented Garcia Zarate, said his client was “extremely relieved.”

“He knew what was at stake — his life was at stake,” Adachi said. “I think he feels tremendous sympathy for Kate Steinle and her family — we do as well — but unfortunately these types of horrible, tragic accidents happen every day.”

President Trump, who has cited the case in his effort to build a border wall, said on Twitter, “A disgraceful verdict in the Kate Steinle case! No wonder the people of our Country are so angry with Illegal Immigration.”

Defense attorney Francisco Ugarte suggested a different lesson, saying, “From day one, this case was used as a means to foment hate, to foment division, to foment a program of mass deportation ... and I believe today is a vindication for the rights of immigrants.”

Jurors exited the city’s Hall of Justice quickly and declined to discuss their deliberations. “If I’m going to speak to anybody, I’m not going to do it today,” said one man, who declined to give his name. “I have to collect my thoughts.”

*snip*

Full Story

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:04 AM

“He knew what was at stake — his life was at stake,” Adachi said. “I think he feels tremendous sympathy for Kate Steinle and her family — we do as well — but unfortunately these types of horrible, tragic accidents happen every day.”

Aww, he feels sympathy. Well then everything's OK, huh?

And even more loathsome:

Defense attorney Francisco Ugarte suggested a different lesson, saying, “From day one, this case was used as a means to foment hate, to foment division, to foment a program of mass deportation ... and I believe today is a vindication for the rights of immigrants.”

Words.Just.Don't.Suffice.

"Angry" smileys just don't suffice either.

The only responses that might come close to being sufficient will just be censored anyway.

This post has been edited by MontyPython: 01 December 2017 - 01:06 AM

#4 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:10 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 01 December 2017 - 01:04 AM, said:

And even more loathsome:

The only responses that might come close to being sufficient will just be censored anyway.

Yes, it's disgusting and absolutely no surprise. My sister who lives in the Bay Area, called me a little while ago to tell me.

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:20 AM

Barack Obama shares the guilt here, because of his indefensibly lax border attitude and policies.

And every member of his administration is equally guilty.

And every cretin who voted for him.

Everybody who defends "sanctuary cities" too.

They're ALL accomplices in Kate Steinle's death. This guy had already been deported 5 times. He had 7 felony convictions. IF NOT FOR THESE PEOPLE, she would still be alive today.

I wish I could post something more severe than "They can all kiss my ass", but once again, expressions sufficient for the circumstances will just get censored anyway.

This post has been edited by MontyPython: 01 December 2017 - 01:22 AM

#6 User is offline   searcher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:41 AM

I don't care if he accidently shot her. He shouldn't have been on the streets to start with. Maybe Barry should take him in as a family member.
Mark

#7 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:57 AM

The sooner CA secedes, the sooner we're read of this mess.

#8 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:23 AM

working on getting out of here as soon as possible.

Then they should raze this place starting with San Francisco and Sacramento and then move with purpose through all the diseased counties street by street and then salt the earth in their wake.

This kind of imbecility should be ended in a single generation.

#9 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:58 AM

Oh and they are saying this verdict "proves" this was a tragic accident.

No it does not. It proves you can get 12 retarded people into a room and make them believe anything you tell them.

This proves it's a tragic accident like the OJ verdict proved OJ didn't murder them. Sorry it is just about a leftist jingoism. The belief that being a sanctuary city is more important than the people you represent.

When we deport this clown I say stuff a lo-jack so far up his rectum that he can never pass it out. That way we can track this scum and if he comes in again, deport him in a C-130 and kick him out at 30,000 feet. See if he can cross the border like that.

#10 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:01 AM

Obviously a jury of people who have never seen a gun in person and firmly believe that they just “go off” at random.

#11 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:03 AM

Same jury, white guy, black victim. Thoughts on the outcome?

#12 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:43 AM

MontyPython said:

1512106449[/url]' post='685466922']
Not Guilty.

I'm too enraged to wax poetic or eloquently.

I'm sure you've all heard about the verdict for yourselves anyway.

:censored: :redhot: :censored: :redhot: :censored:

He was found guilty of the crimes he was guilty of. The prosecutor made a huge error in trying to prosecute an accidental shooting as a premeditated murder......unless he intended a richochet to hit the target it did.

The guy never should have been in the US and was at fault for her death, but there is more than just Sean Hannity's radio show given to the jury as evidence. All the jury needed was reasonable doubt, and they had that based on evidence presented by the defense.
Here is an article, from the right, about the trial: https://www.redstate...e-steinle-case/

#13 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:47 AM

MontyPython said:

1512108299[/url]' post='685466924']

And even more loathsome:

I agree with you......and this case is still evidence that we need a wall. She would still be alive if he had been where he should have been, in jail (for repeatedly violating our laws) or in Mexico.

#14 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:49 AM

Taggart Transcontinental said:

1512125895[/url]' post='685466934']
Oh and they are saying this verdict "proves" this was a tragic accident.

No it does not. It proves you can get 12 retarded people into a room and make them believe anything you tell them.

This proves it's a tragic accident like the OJ verdict proved OJ didn't murder them. Sorry it is just about a leftist jingoism. The belief that being a sanctuary city is more important than the people you represent.

When we deport this clown I say stuff a lo-jack so far up his rectum that he can never pass it out. That way we can track this scum and if he comes in again, deport him in a C-130 and kick him out at 30,000 feet. See if he can cross the border like that.

I have never understood why every single terrorist EVER released from Gitmo wasn't treated the same way. You revert to terrorism, the missile headed your way has a nice beacon to home in on.

#15 User is offline   Italian Biker 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:43 AM

View PostDutch13, on 01 December 2017 - 07:43 AM, said:

He was found guilty of the crimes he was guilty of. The prosecutor made a huge error in trying to prosecute an accidental shooting as a premeditated murder......unless he intended a richochet to hit the target it did.

The guy never should have been in the US and was at fault for her death, but there is more than just Sean Hannity's radio show given to the jury as evidence. All the jury needed was reasonable doubt, and they had that based on evidence presented by the defense.
Here is an article, from the right, about the trial: https://www.redstate...e-steinle-case/

The fact that involuntary manslaughter didn't even get a guilty verdict kind of makes me believe that the prosecution purposely threw the case. Now I don't know anything about the prosecutor, but my guess is that he's a liberal. The fact that Zarate's history was ordered as not admissable, and the prosecution just bent over and didn't fight for it is another indication that they purposely threw the case.

#16 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:14 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 01 December 2017 - 01:20 AM, said:

Barack Obama shares the guilt here, because of his indefensibly lax border attitude and policies.

And every member of his administration is equally guilty.

And every cretin who voted for him.

Everybody who defends "sanctuary cities" too.

They're ALL accomplices in Kate Steinle's death. This guy had already been deported 5 times. He had 7 felony convictions. IF NOT FOR THESE PEOPLE, she would still be alive today.

I wish I could post something more severe than "They can all kiss my ass", but once again, expressions sufficient for the circumstances will just get censored anyway.

Well, Monty, for me to say this was an unexpected verdict would be a lie. It's Kalifornia. It's San Fran. It was expected by me.

I'm not enraged, but saddened that we no longer have a country. We have those that champion open borders and no walls like Zuckerberg and Katie Perry, yet they put walls up around their own properties (how ironic and hypocritical). We have other countries that criticize us for wanting to have borders and sovereignty, yet they, themselves staunchly defend their own borders and sovereignty from outsiders (how ironic and hypocritical). We have our own citizens who have such little regard for their citizenship that they advocate giving non-citizens rights that were won through blood and sacrifice by others. That is todays left, around the world and here at home. Home, we can't even call it our own country, anymore, when we put more stock in someone disgracing the National Anthem than those that sacrificed for it.

I'm sad, more than enraged.

#17 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:19 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 01 December 2017 - 01:04 AM, said:

And even more loathsome:

There is not a word vile enough for these people.

#18 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 01 December 2017 - 01:57 AM, said:

The sooner CA secedes, the sooner we're read of this mess.

Or a earthquake breaks them off from the USA.

#19 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:31 AM

View PostItalian Biker, on 01 December 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

The fact that involuntary manslaughter didn't even get a guilty verdict kind of makes me believe that the prosecution purposely threw the case. Now I don't know anything about the prosecutor, but my guess is that he's a liberal. The fact that Zarate's history was ordered as not admissable, and the prosecution just bent over and didn't fight for it is another indication that they purposely threw the case.

I do not disagree with you about the involuntary manslaughter charge, but enough doubt was placed into the minds of the jury that they acquitted him. We talk about innocent until proven guilty all the time around here, and it was the prosecutor's job to prove guilt....he failed.

That said, he absolutely should not have been in the US and as soon as he finishes his sentence, he should be deported. The United States needs to pass Kate's Law. Rather than whine about the results, those up for election in 2018 need to make this front and center. Had Kate's Law been in place, this death (accidental or otherwise) would not have occurred at the hands of the 6 time offender.

We can argue about LEGAL immigration all you like, but we are going to begin to punish ILLEGAL immigration. Make some of these democrats up for re-election in 2018 from red states sh# or get off the pot.

#20 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

View PostDutch13, on 01 December 2017 - 07:43 AM, said:

I agree entirely, and Neal Boortz covered it on his radio show this morning.

There's plenty of people that one should be angry about, including the defendant was here illegally, but the Jury made the right call. The prosecutor VASTLY over-reached in calling it "Murder", and it blew up in his face.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users