RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Steinle Verdict (Merged) - RightNation.US

Steinle Verdict (Merged) Kate Steinle trial: Garcia Zarate acquitted in San Francisco pier kill Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:30 PM

Report: Kate Steinle Jury Focused on Gun Used by Five-Time Deported Illegal Alien

by John Binder 1 Dec 2017San Francisco, CA

Breitbart.com

The predominately millennial jury in the Kate Steinle murder trial was laser-focused on the gun that was shot by the illegal alien from Mexico who caused the California woman’s death.

On Thursday, the jury in the Steinle murder trial found five-time deported and seven-time felon illegal alien Jose Garcia Zarate, also known as Juan Francisco López-Sánchez, not guilty on homicide charges that he murdered the 32-year-old, despite his previous admission to shooting and killing Steinle while she was walking on a pier with her father.

Instead, the jury found Zarate guilty of a felony for possessing the stolen gun that was used to kill Steinle. The weapons charge only holds a maximum prison sentence of about three years.

While deliberating the high-profile case, the jury — which was not sequestered and was stacked with 20 to 30-something-year-olds, as well as three foreign-born residents — focused primarily on the weapon, rather than the illegal alien.

On the day that the jury revealed their verdict, they had multiple questions about Zarate’s stolen gun, according to ABC 7 News.

“They could be curious about the amount of force it takes to pull the trigger because the defense argued the gun went off by accident. And the prosecution argued that the gun was designed not to go off by accident and that it takes significant pressure to pull the trigger,” said legal analyst John Creighton.

The defense asked the jury to ask the judge to be allowed to hold the gun and pull the trigger. But during instructions, the judge made it very clear to the jury that they would not be allowed to “experiment” with any of the evidence.

Ultimately, the jury found Zarate not guilty of first and second-degree murder, as well as negligent homicide, meaning jurors believed that the illegal alien accidentally found the gun and it accidentally fired rounds into the San Francisco crowd and ricochetted and hit Steinle, killing her.

In 2015, a local news station interviewed Zarate. In this interview, the illegal alien admitted that he had relocated to San Francisco because of its sanctuary city policy.

“Sanchez said he knew San Francisco was a sanctuary city where he would not be pursued by immigration officials,” the report added.

Since Steinle’s death in 2015, the state of California has become a sanctuary state, Breitbart California reported in October, allowing illegal aliens to roam freely across the West Coast region without being detained or deported by federal immigration officials.

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency has committed to deporting — for the sixth time — the illegal alien who caused Steinle’s death, as Breitbart News reported.

<snip>

#82 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:56 AM

View PostMagic Rat, on 01 December 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

I'm sure there are. Where was the Fed before he shot Steinle? They had the authority to issue these warrants before then. They could have issued them the day before the trial. The day before the verdict. Last week. Anytime. Instead they waited until it became a public outrage and THEN issued it. Like I said, I'm not a fan of the Fed trying defendants for political reasons when the local court didn't give the politically correct verdict.

What other current defendant in a state court do you think the Fed should issue a warrant for? Please be specific. Can you think of any? I doubt it because there isn't a political uproar over another one right now.

Do you think the Fed should have filed Federal charges on the LA cops who beat the piss out of Rodney King in order to appease rioters? They got 2 1/2 years. It was entirely political.

Ok, you want to discuss the politics of it. In that case, blame the Obama administration first, the Feds should have charged the killer then. By the time the current administration was sworn in, the locals had already charged him. Maybe the whole politics of it was that the Obama Feds let the locals do it, purposely badly, and maybe that's where the whole conspiracy angle is. And now the Feds are saying simply that there's other things he can be charged with and not let him get off completely.

#83 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

Taggart Transcontinental said:

1512168496[/url]' post='685467070']
Until it goes Federal, then a real prosecutor will rip this guy apart. A simply gun expert would have debunked the nonsense about him picking it up and it AD. The reality is he probably aimed it and pulled the damn trigger and struck the ground in front of it. HE also confessed to the damn crime on TV in an interview.

http://abc7news.com/...hooting/830325/

He says he heard 3 shots BOOM BOOM 3 times... No weapon AD's 3 times. If so then you can validate that because it's a mechanical problem not a hair pin trigger issue.

After watching the video, i believe he's telling the truth about finding the weapon but not so much about the shooting. Reason? AD weapon that are semi automatic that have problems like that do not AD 2 or 3 times they feed until they jam or empty the mag or the operator interrupts the action.

The officer whose gun was stolen and used says only 1 bullet was missing from the gun.

#84 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:56 AM

Judge Samuel Feng would not allow them to consider the defendant's immigration status, his five deportations or his multiple drug convictions. They could decide only whether he intentionally shot Steinle on July 1, 2015, or at the least fired the gun with a willful disregard for life.
The jurors, who deliberated for four days, did not explain their unanimous decision to acquit Garcia Zarate of all charges except one count of a being felon in possession of a firearm.

Legal experts said prosecutors had an uphill battle because there was no clear motive in the case. Further muddling the shooter's intentions: evidence that the bullet hit the ground just 12 feet from the defendant before ricocheting those 78 feet into Steinle.

"On its surface, it seemed like a tough case to prove intent to kill," said Jim Hammer, former head of the San Francisco district attorney's homicide unit. "That ricochet, I assume, was a big thing for the jury."

He said if there are two reasonable explanations on a criminal charge, one pointing toward guilt, one pointing to innocence, California law mandates that jurors must acquit.

http://beta.latimes....1202-story.html

#85 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:36 PM

evidence that the bullet hit the ground just 12 feet from the defendant before ricocheting those 78 feet into Steinle.

More like evidence he's a bad shot. And probably a whole bunch of idiots with no gun experience who bought right into that BS about the gun being a dangerous military firearm with an ultralight trigger that only trained professionals should have. Bull.

#86 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:06 PM

View PostDutch13, on 02 December 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

The intent to kill does not matter.

It's his intent to be reckless with a deadly weapon that he discharged and it resulted in a death that matters.

There was no factual evidence to point to any innocence of the SOB that pulled the trigger. It was mere speculation/supposition.

It's still involuntary manslaughter.

View PostSeverian, on 02 December 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

More like evidence he's a bad shot. And probably a whole bunch of idiots with no gun experience who bought right into that BS about the gun being a dangerous military firearm with an ultralight trigger that only trained professionals should have. Bull.

:exactly:

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 02 December 2017 - 01:08 PM

#87 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:18 PM

Yeah - where's the reasonable doubt that he took a shot, missed badly, but got "lucky" on the bounce?

The California jury has never seen that play out in the movies so how could they think about that?

#88 User is offline   pict 

• If you expect a PC response, forget it!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

I haven't said anything regarding that illegal bastard who gunned down that innocent woman. But now I will, after my anger has subsided. I would indict every liberal member of government in that state, including that <censored>ing lunatic Brown. And I would jail those bastards for treason.

#89 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:39 AM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 01 December 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

I'll defer to the infallible cop in this case. Pardon me. Calm down.

With all due respect jam it. Have you ever set foot in the front of a police car? We are armed to the damn teeth. In the Patrol car I ride in there are no less than 8 firearms within reach to both deputies at any time. 1 Shotgun, 1 AR 2 personal firearms, and 4 craftily placed firearms. We never know what is needed and when. Add to that in the trunk since I ride in 2 man vehicles most of the time add My AR and MY shotgun to the mix.

So you calm down.

#90 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

View PostSARGE, on 01 December 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

I have an issue with the term "accidental discharge"

It is not caused by an accident. It is caused by negligence on the part of the person holding the firearm. It is a "negligent discharge".

Concur completely, AD is just the idiotic military term. Neg Discharge is much more appropriate, this isn't the 20th century and "midnight specials" you have to have your finger in the trigger well to get a shot out. Barring that simple action no round is discharged period.

View PostMagic Rat, on 01 December 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

So we shouldn't try them?

ETA: Actually, it wasn't a jury of his peers then. It was a jury of American Citizens.

Apparently it was a jury of "world citizens".

#91 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:44 AM

View PostMagic Rat, on 01 December 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

I'm sure there are. Where was the Fed before he shot Steinle? They had the authority to issue these warrants before then. They could have issued them the day before the trial. The day before the verdict. Last week. Anytime. Instead they waited until it became a public outrage and THEN issued it. Like I said, I'm not a fan of the Fed trying defendants for political reasons when the local court didn't give the politically correct verdict.

What other current defendant in a state court do you think the Fed should issue a warrant for? Please be specific. Can you think of any? I doubt it because there isn't a political uproar over another one right now.

Do you think the Fed should have filed Federal charges on the LA cops who beat the piss out of Rodney King in order to appease rioters? They got 2 1/2 years. It was entirely political.

Did you read the article from RnR? They put a detainer on him and San Fran's sheriff chose not to honor that detainer IAW his sanctuary city policy. Thus the Federal Government was attempting to do their jobs and the State government decided that it wasn't going to follow the law. Shocking right?

#92 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:49 AM

View PostDutch13, on 02 December 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

The officer whose gun was stolen and used says only 1 bullet was missing from the gun.

Then nothing in the witness statement can be believed, he said Boom boom boom, that indicates 3 shots. Like I said I keep my weapon loaded with mag full 1 in the chamber that's 16 rounds. I believe the officer when he said 1 round missing meaning the one in the chamber. That is supported by the actual crime scene, she was shot with 1 round which ricocheted off the ground and struck her. If an officer shooting at a perp hits someone with even a ricochet then that officer is liable for the injury caused. Apparently in San Francisco illegal aliens are not held to that standard. IF I were San Fran, I would fire all the cops and hire illegals, they can avoid that pesky Constitution all together and claim negligence is OK.

#93 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

And more than likely he used the Single Action mode of the weapon and just started pulling the trigger. When that happens the muzzle of the weapon is pulled downward as the trigger finger exerts the effort to pull 10 lbs. Secondly most non shooters will flinch downward and pull the first shots low due to the anticipation of recoil. Thus a reasonable reason why the round struck 12 feet short.

#94 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:51 AM

View Postpict, on 03 December 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

I haven't said anything regarding that illegal bastard who gunned down that innocent woman. But now I will, after my anger has subsided. I would indict every liberal member of government in that state, including that <censored>ing lunatic Brown. And I would jail those bastards for treason.

Pitch forks and friggin torches! I am there with you on that one. There is a reason I fled the state of insanity long ago and have never returned.

#95 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:00 AM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 03 December 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

And more than likely he used the Single Action mode of the weapon and just started pulling the trigger. When that happens the muzzle of the weapon is pulled downward as the trigger finger exerts the effort to pull 10 lbs. Secondly most non shooters will flinch downward and pull the first shots low due to the anticipation of recoil. Thus a reasonable reason why the round struck 12 feet short.

Yep, downward and usually to the left for a right handed shooter.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 03 December 2017 - 11:04 AM

#96 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:26 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 03 December 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

Then nothing in the witness statement can be believed, he said Boom boom boom, that indicates 3 shots. Like I said I keep my weapon loaded with mag full 1 in the chamber that's 16 rounds. I believe the officer when he said 1 round missing meaning the one in the chamber. That is supported by the actual crime scene, she was shot with 1 round which ricocheted off the ground and struck her. If an officer shooting at a perp hits someone with even a ricochet then that officer is liable for the injury caused. Apparently in San Francisco illegal aliens are not held to that standard. IF I were San Fran, I would fire all the cops and hire illegals, they can avoid that pesky Constitution all together and claim negligence is OK.

One shot plus two echoes?

Pier 14 isn't that far from tall buildings in one direction and tall hills in another. Possibly two different echoes?

https://www.inside-guide-to-san-francisco-tourism.com/image-files/pier-14-city-view-embarcadero.jpghttp://www.eclipsedesign.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/pierchair.jpg

#97 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:33 PM

Why do courts disallow the products of illegal searches to be admitted in court (rotten fruit from the tree, or whatever,) but ignore the illegal status of a guy whose very presence in the Court is a lawbreaker?

#98 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:50 PM

Gun charges and illegal immigrant with gun charge.
http://www.foxnews.c...inle-trial.html

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users