RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Im not usually scared: Exterminator fought monstrous hornet nest fo - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Im not usually scared: Exterminator fought monstrous hornet nest fo Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:07 PM

Im not usually scared: Exterminator fought monstrous hornet nest for 45 minutes, video shows

By Jared Gilmour
November 24, 2017 04:32 PM
Miami Herald

He was well protected by a beekeeping suit, and armed with a shovel to hack away at the monstrous hornets nest.

We got here, what I would say, is the granddaddy of all hornets nests, Jude Verret, a Louisiana exterminator, said as he headed into a shed in Patterson, La., to clear a nest of Europan Yellow Jackets.

Beyond physical protection, Verret must have been armed with quite a bit of courage, given the sheer size of the nest and the million or more hornets he said were swarming around inside.

Verret recorded the entire encounter on video. As Verret walks toward the wasp-infested shed in the video he posted on Facebook, the constant, deafening drone of the yellow jackets nearly drowns out his narration of what hes doing.

<edit>

Article

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

Wow.

:o

:blink: :wacko: :blink:

I'm no coward by any stretch, but you couldn't get me anywhere near that thing.

:ermm:

#3 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:06 PM

Just damn!!

#4 User is offline   searcher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:09 PM

No way would I get within 10 miles of that place. I hate bees. All bees.
Mark

#5 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:19 PM

Should have nuked the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure. At least burn the whole shed down, nothing in there looked irreplaceable.

#6 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

View PostSeverian, on 01 December 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

Should have nuked the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure. At least burn the whole shed down, nothing in there looked irreplaceable.

Could have used a Muslim suicide bomber. He could have recorded a kill of a million!

#7 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:35 PM

I saw this video a few days ago.

Just listen to the sound of how many yellow jackets (not hornets, there is a difference) that are slamming into the camera? :o

Sounds like a hail storm!

If I were him, I would have done this at night and gassed the whole shed making sure that as few as possible got away.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 01 December 2017 - 09:11 PM

#8 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:39 AM

This is like trying to get rid of a bunch of politicians.

#9 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:29 AM

When we lived in San Francisco, we had hundreds, possibly thousands, of yellow jackets that ate their way through the false ceiling of the bay window in our kitchen and were swarming all over.

My husband and a friend of ours took care of the situation, which at the time, I thought was catastrophic. Having watched this video, I now see our problem as a minor inconvenience.

#10 User is offline   Diamond369 

• <no title>

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:38 PM

Bees, hornets, snakes, or spiders ?....none, but at least bees produced honey. The rest produce fear, but I will not, under any circumstances would I not want to live or go near there.

#11 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:48 PM

I remember a buddy of mine took me to see the hornets at this Air Force early warning radar site, holy carp! They tended to nest in the styrofoam insulation over the radar transmitters, the smallest one I saw was at least 2 inches long, pitch black except for a yellow tail about half way down the abdomen. Something about the heat and microwaves agreed with them, they fought a never ending battle against the damn things, just freaky.

#12 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:01 PM

View PostSeverian, on 02 December 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

I remember a buddy of mine took me to see the hornets at this Air Force early warning radar site, holy carp! They tended to nest in the styrofoam insulation over the radar transmitters, the smallest one I saw was at least 2 inches long, pitch black except for a yellow tail about half way down the abdomen. Something about the heat and microwaves agreed with them, they fought a never ending battle against the damn things, just freaky.

From your description I'm guessing you encountered Bald-faced hornets.

I've came across more than a few as both a Biologist and a logger. They have a real attitude problem. Disturb a nest and you have a problem. I've run a fast 100 yard dash and still been stung.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users