RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Evergreen State’s student newspaper includes no-whites-allowed opinion - RightNation.US

Evergreen State’s student newspaper includes no-whites-allowed opinion Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

Evergreen State’s student newspaper includes no-whites-allowed opinion section
Nathan Rubbelke - Staff Reporter December 1, 2017
The College Fix
Excerpt:

‘For people of color by people of color’

The student newspaper at Evergreen State College has a section in its opinion pages described as “for people of color by people of color.”

“This should be a place where we can be us without it being overshadowed by the dark cloud that is living under white supremacy and having to see things from a white perspective. This is why when we do cover these issues it will be in the context and from the perspective of POC and POC only,” according to the section’s editors as they reintroduced it to readers in September.

The anonymous column, known as “POC Talk,” debuted in the bi-weekly Cooper Point Journal last year and returned this fall to the newspaper’s pages following racial unrest that erupted at the public university this past spring.

“Dear White people, please take a step back, this isn’t brown-people-answer-white-people’s-questions-hour, we’re asking specifically for submissions from POC,” the section’s editors added in their September intro. “As being told no seems to be a difficult concept for some of y’all I await your emails about the Irish, how the term white fragility is mean (great example of white fragility) and how we need to view people through a color-blind lens (just lol). You will 100% not get a response!!!”

Published in the Journal’s Letters & Opinion section, POC Talk says it provides “no-holds-barred commentary on local happenings.” In the inaugural POC Talk column, it was suggested that a subject touched on in the column could possibly include “how do I rid myself of white-dread [sic] roommate’s numerous micro-agressions.”

Topics the column has discussed include student activism, self care, the local comedy scene as well as the turmoil that upended the college after students in May accused a white biology professor, Bret Weinstein, and the university of perpetuating racism.

The Cooper Point Journal did not respond to multiple requests for comment regarding the column.

In one column, POC Talk points to the “scary national backlash the school faced last year”, referring to the events that rocked Evergreen after students accused Weinstein of racism because he criticized a planned “Day of Absence” in which white people were asked to stay off campus.

Article

#2 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:41 AM

Move to Liberia then, no whites in charge, never have been...it's a paradise.

#3 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:05 PM

Preach to the choir, idiot. You won’t get any change if you lock out anybody who’s different.

#4 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

It's worth noting that this is the same college where, during some protests earlier this year, everyone white was advised to leave the campus "for their own safety".

The Weekly Standard (June 2017): The Appalling Protests at Evergreen State College

#5 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:59 PM

"Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards,"--Eric Holder (http://www.cnn.com/2...race.relations/)

Looks like we know who the 'cowards' are. :whistling:

#6 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

Are these more black people trying to segregate themselves again.

Funny that, no?

#7 User is offline   east dallasite 

• I like beer...

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

Hey POC's, good luck when you attempt to join the workforce. FUBU can only employ so many people.

#8 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Got Wiener?

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:39 PM

Not that Evercolored State was ever on his list, but my wife and I are using these examples, (see Texas State newspaper article in another thread) as examples for our HS senior to avoid in terms of the tenor and tone of campus life. There's no reason to pay to live and attend classes if these kinds of attitudes are pervasive.

Just imagine the furor over a modern day "Whites Only" anything.

These idiots are setting back any cause for racial comity/acceptance/etc. They'll get what they're asking for, but I don't think that's what they have in mind.

#9 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:40 PM

Everyone getting ready for the race wars?

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:52 PM

Published in the Journal’s Letters & Opinion section, POC Talk says it provides “no-holds-barred commentary on local happenings.”

LOL

They specifically and deliberately bar the vast majority, and then have the unmitigated gall to call it "no-holds-barred"??

ROFFLMFAO

Freaking morons.

:rolleyes:

#11 User is offline   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:30 PM

So, it’s almost 2018 and white liberals are back to calling black folks colored..... very interesting.

#12 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

View Posterp, on 03 December 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

Are these more black people trying to segregate themselves again.

Funny that, no?

Maybe they should have their own schools so as to not be corrupted by whites...

#13 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:02 AM

View Postcorporal_little, on 03 December 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

So, it's almost 2018 and white liberals are back to calling black folks colored..... very interesting.

Fashion is silly like that, wait 40 years and you have a new and exciting language wardrobe to try on again.

#14 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:19 AM

Diversity!!!!!

#15 User is online   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:06 AM

Interesting... not a single one of our resident leftists have stopped by to condemn this student newspaper for its racist policies.

Imagine their outrage if a student newspaper had a "no-blacks-allowed" opinion section. The would be apoplectic with rage at the injustice!

But when the same racism is directed at whites - pure silence.

This is a perfect example of why Republicans are the party of civil rights and Democrats are the party of racism.

#16 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:37 AM

View PostThePatriot, on 04 December 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

Interesting... not a single one of our resident leftists have stopped by to condemn this student newspaper for its racist policies.

Imagine their outrage if a student newspaper had a "no-blacks-allowed" opinion section. The would be apoplectic with rage at the injustice!

But when the same racism is directed at whites - pure silence.

This is a perfect example of why Republicans are the party of civil rights and Democrats are the party of racism.

They are not going to condemn something they agree with. They think racism is just fine when aimed at whites.

#17 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

People-of color is a murky catchall for everyone who is not white.

I don’t see why they are using the schools newspaper to segregate themsrlves this way, but I don’t see anything illegal either.
Question.. Does anyone have a problem with a section for Jewish opinions or Jewish oriented newspapers?

#18 User is online   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:59 AM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

I don’t see why they are using the schools newspaper to segregate themsrlves this way, but I don’t see anything illegal either.
Question.. Does anyone have a problem with a section for Jewish opinions or Jewish oriented newspapers?

LOL. So you're good with a "No Blacks Allowed To Comment" section of a student paper?

Sure.

Sure you are.

#19 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:33 AM

View PostThePatriot, on 04 December 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

LOL. So you're good with a "No Blacks Allowed To Comment" section of a student paper?

Sure.

Sure you are.

No, it’s mighty offensive. They could have had a ‘POC Voices’ without stating it this way. I don’t have a problem with a minority opinion section conceptually though.
Since the submissions are anonymous, I don’t see how it would be enforced anyway.

#20 User is offline   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:47 AM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

You might not know this, but most of my friends are black. The first time I saw the POC thing was a couple months ago. I asked several of of my friends what they thought about white people calling them colored again. Maybe its a function of us all being older than 40, but most weren't happy with the term, the others just rolled their eyes.

Its not right or good for anyone to use any forum to segregate themselves. It was wrong when whites did it, its wrong when anyone else does as well. This should be a no brainer. I'm not understanding why the left is so hell bent on destroying the progress we've made on race. Baffles me.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users