RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: But Gorsuch ... And Other Excellent Judicial Picks ... And A Tax Cut . - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

But Gorsuch ... And Other Excellent Judicial Picks ... And A Tax Cut . nd Major Deregulatory Actions ... And Immigration Enforcement ... And Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:55 PM

But Gorsuch ... And Other Excellent Judicial Picks ... And A Tax Cut ... And Major Deregulatory Actions ... And Immigration Enforcement ... And The End Of The Individual Mandate ... And A Roll Back Of The HHS Mandate ...

NRO
By Rich Lowry
December 3, 2017

Excerpt:

. . . and the reversal of the insane Title IX policy on campus . . . and an exit from the Paris Accords . . . and the avoidance of whatever Hillary would have wrought.

There is a meme used by anti-Trump conservatives on Twitter. Whenever Trump steps in it, they tweet the words “But Gorsuch.” It is meant to mock Trump loyalists who hold out Gorsuch’s nomination as a Trump accomplishment that overshadows any of his failings. The meme can be quite amusing — one version has a road sign emblazoned with the words “But Gorsuch” close to disappearing in a flood.

But I’ve never quite understood why anti-Trump conservatives would be so slighting about Gorsuch. He will presumably be a bulwark of the Constitution long after Trump has departed the White House three or seven years from now and is tweeting as a private citizen again. Bushies used to count George W. Bush’s two Supreme Court nominees as a central part of his domestic legacy, understandably (and Bush completely blew one of his nominations before getting it right). Trump is half-way there, with lots of time on the clock.

Also, it’s simply not true that all we have to show from the Trump administration is Gorsuch. The legislative agenda has been limited by the fact that Republicans have only 52 votes in the Senate. This is what pushed the GOP toward doing two big health and tax bills through reconciliation. When the health-care bill failed (Trump contributed to this failure, but there were lots of other factors, too), it seemed they could get nothing this year. Now, it appears very likely that they will get the tax bill, which includes a rifle-shot elimination of the individual mandate. And the administration has been steadily reversing the executive aggrandizements of the Obama administration.

Trump has governed so far as more of a Republican and conservative than I expected. Outside a brief flirtation with Chuck and Nancy and some unserious talks with Democrats over the tax bill, he’s had no interest in working with Democrats (in fact, has spent time insulting them).

*snip*

Full Commentary

#2 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:38 PM

"More conservative than I expected". Sure, because you're stuck on stupid.

It's very likely that Trump is governing with a more conservative determination than Cruz or anyone else in the GOP field.

There were signs that this was going to happen, and will continue to happen.

#3 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:11 AM

View Postzurg, on 03 December 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

"More conservative than I expected". Sure, because you're stuck on stupid.

It's very likely that Trump is governing with a more conservative determination than Cruz or anyone else in the GOP field.

There were signs that this was going to happen, and will continue to happen.

Agreed-I have little faith any of the marquee "conservatives" would actually govern the way they talk about. I also feel that they wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in he!! of rousing enough enthusiasm to overcome the standard democrat vote fraud. Trump could. His failures have primarily been due to the rinos in Congress. He's done an excellent job of communicating with the people. The GOPe still hasn't noticed the people are on his side!

#4 User is offline   Big Dave 

• ...and yes, I am compensating for something.
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:40 AM

View PostBookdoc, on 04 December 2017 - 01:11 AM, said:

Agreed-I have little faith any of the marquee "conservatives" would actually govern the way they talk about. I also feel that they wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in he!! of rousing enough enthusiasm to overcome the standard democrat vote fraud. Trump could. His failures have primarily been due to the rinos in Congress. He's done an excellent job of communicating with the people. The GOPe still hasn't noticed the people are on his side!

Exactly right. None would have had the thick skin and testicular fortitude to ignore and even provoke the press. That's been the fun part quite aside from what he has accomplished. He has been able to communicate over their heads and their shrill whiny voices and doesn't care whether they like him or not. Our side has always been too worried about that and it is what gets Republicans in trouble--the desire to be liked and approved by the press. MAGA!

#5 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:20 AM

Wow, I was going to say that this was a very good article.......but I almost feel compelled to defend Ted Cruz instead of praising Donald Trump.

Can someone please remind me which guy has ALWAYS defended conservative principles and ALWAYS stood up against left-leaning republicans? Which candidate was labeled a whacko-bird by the RINO's because he refused to bend to the democrats? After that, can you remind me which guy used to praise democrats and trash republicans in nationally televised interviews? Which guy was making contributions to the left and helping them get elected?

I am trying to figure out why some people think that President Trump would govern MORE conservatively than the guy that has never waivered in the face of democrats or his own party. I seem to recall the President attacking the most conservative members of his party because they dared.........gasp........demand that they follow through on their promise of actually repealing ACA, rather than simply making it Trumpcare.

Again, this is a good article praising the President for what he has accomplished, while also barely mentioning some of the faux pas that he caused along the way.

#6 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:36 AM

Lots and lots of winning.

#7 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:47 PM

View Poststick, on 04 December 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

Lots and lots of winning.

Yet all of the #nevertrumprs are all whining, pissing and moaning louder than they ever did under the Obamunist?

#8 User is offline   tonguezilla 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

View PostDutch13, on 04 December 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

Wow, I was going to say that this was a very good article.......but I almost feel compelled to defend Ted Cruz instead of praising Donald Trump.

Can someone please remind me which guy has ALWAYS defended conservative principles and ALWAYS stood up against left-leaning republicans? Which candidate was labeled a whacko-bird by the RINO's because he refused to bend to the democrats? After that, can you remind me which guy used to praise democrats and trash republicans in nationally televised interviews? Which guy was making contributions to the left and helping them get elected?

I am trying to figure out why some people think that President Trump would govern MORE conservatively than the guy that has never waivered in the face of democrats or his own party. I seem to recall the President attacking the most conservative members of his party because they dared.........gasp........demand that they follow through on their promise of actually repealing ACA, rather than simply making it Trumpcare.

Again, this is a good article praising the President for what he has accomplished, while also barely mentioning some of the faux pas that he caused along the way.

You wanted a politician, OK, I get it. Now you are disappointed that you got a non politician AMERICAN. I get that too, now, get over it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users