RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Pelosi: GOP tax proposal 'the worst bill in the history' of Co - RightNation.US

Pelosi: GOP tax proposal 'the worst bill in the history' of Co Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:36 PM

Pelosi: GOP tax proposal 'the worst bill in the history' of Congress
The Hill - Cristina Marcos - link

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) declared unequivocally on Monday that the GOP tax overhaul is the worst legislation ever considered by Congress.

"I have said that this was stiff competition by some of the other things they have put forth, is the worst bill in the history of the United States Congress," Pelosi said during House floor debate on the tax proposal.

Pelosi cited the rushed process and impact on the deficit to justify her assertion.
*snip*

:coolshades:

#2 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:40 PM

Geez. Liberals really get nasty when they don't get their way. I love it.

Now they know how the Republicans felt when Pelosi said they have to "pass the bill before they can see what's in it".

This post has been edited by intotheblackhole: 04 December 2017 - 10:41 PM

#3 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:54 PM

Well, they came to the right place. Who's worse than Nancy Pelosi?

#4 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:07 PM

Says the woman who uttered the famous "you have to pass the bill to see what's in it" comment.

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:26 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 04 December 2017 - 10:36 PM, said:

The Hill - Cristina Marcos - link

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) declared unequivocally on Monday that the GOP tax overhaul is the worst legislation ever considered by Congress.

"I have said that this was stiff competition by some of the other things they have put forth, is the worst bill in the history of the United States Congress," Pelosi said during House floor debate on the tax proposal.

Pelosi cited the rushed process and impact on the deficit to justify her assertion.
*snip*

:coolshades:

Yup, I can see why you highlighted that last part in red, LOL. As two posters before me have already pointed out (but it definitely bears repeating), that's hilariously ironic coming from "Pass it to see what's in it" Pelosi.

:lol:

#6 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:32 PM

Good news.

#7 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Got Wiener?
  • Group: Silver

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:04 AM

View Postzurg, on 04 December 2017 - 11:32 PM, said:

Good news.

Especially if she thinks so.

#8 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:36 AM

The angrier and more moronic they become, the happier I am. Trump's programs are driving libtards in the dimocrat party and the media completely out of their minds.
I am not tired of winning... :popcorn:

#9 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:01 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 04 December 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

Yup, I can see why you highlighted that last part in red, LOL. As two posters before me have already pointed out (but it definitely bears repeating), that's hilariously ironic coming from "Pass it to see what's in it" Pelosi.

:lol:

Ya can't make this stuff up! :D

"What a great country it is where a mentally retarded woman can become speaker of the house"

--Ann Coulter

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 05 December 2017 - 03:05 AM

#10 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:15 AM

This totally reminds me of this video.

#11 User is offline   Big Dave 

• ...and yes, I am compensating for something.
  • View gallery

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:35 AM

This from the one who oversaw what was truly the worst piece of trash to ever be signed into law.....

#12 User is offline   Bubbajoebob 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:29 AM

Letting people keep a bit more of money they earned is the worst. Much worse than, say, the Fugitive Slave Act, the Espionage Act and Sedition Act (which made it illegal, among other things, to insult the US government, its flag, or the military, or to defend those who do), the various Jim Crow laws, the Indian Removal Act (that led to the Trail of Tears), or Executive order 9066 and Public Act 503 that allowed the internment of Japanese Americans during WWII. Yep, a law reducing citizens' tax burdens is much worse than those.

#13 User is online   AntonToo 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:30 AM

I've been asking this question elsewhere without any coherent answer so lets see if any conservative can give a rational responce here:

Given sudden belief on the right that the economy is nothing short of booming under Trump and current deficit outlook that is growing out of control within a decade (see bellow), why is it a good idea to increase deficit by another TRILLION dollars (that is a JCT dynamic estimate, 1.7 trillion is CBO's static estimate) primarily to gift to corporations, wall street and investors, huge tax breaks?

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/2017/11/02/USATODAY/USATODAY/636452372725287683-11-03-17-Opposing-view-GOP-tax-plan-online-Online.png

This is not going to create any significant investment or improvement in employment (because corporations are ALREADY sitting on tons of cash and there is no shortage of investment). Don't believe me? Listen to this CEO All this is going to do is line the pockets of investors to whom corporations have fiduciary responsibility to.

Given the deficits these tax-cuts today will simply become tomorrow's tax-raises, plus interest, minus growth.

WHY IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO DO THIS?

This post has been edited by AntonToo: 05 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

#14 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:20 AM

View PostAntonToo, on 05 December 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

I've been asking this question elsewhere without any coherent answer so lets see if any conservative can give a rational responce here:

Given sudden belief on the right that the economy is nothing short of booming under Trump and current deficit outlook that is growing out of control within a decade (see bellow), why is it a good idea to increase deficit by another TRILLION dollars (that is a JCT dynamic estimate, 1.7 trillion is CBO's static estimate) primarily to gift to corporations, wall street and investors, huge tax breaks?

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/2017/11/02/USATODAY/USATODAY/636452372725287683-11-03-17-Opposing-view-GOP-tax-plan-online-Online.png

This is not going to create any significant investment or improvement in employment (because corporations are ALREADY sitting on tons of cash and there is no shortage of investment). Don't believe me? Listen to this CEO All this is going to do is line the pockets of investors to whom corporations have fiduciary responsibility to.

Given the deficits these tax-cuts today will simply become tomorrow's tax-raises, plus interest, minus growth.

Typical liberal. Totally incapable of seeing the big picture. You focus on the negatives while ignoring the fact that they are outweighed by the positives. I'm not going to hold your hand and walk you out of your cloud of ignorance. That would take too long. But I will point out a couple things to get you started in the right direction.

- The JCT estimate shows that starting in 2021 a downward trend begins in the deficit effects of the tax cuts, resulting in deficit reductions six years later in 2027. The initial deficit increase is an investment in growth that eventually pays for itself.

https://s7.postimg.org/reakh3ga3/Screenshot_-_12_5_2017_9_58_27_AM.png

(JCT source - PDF download link)

- You need to add in the effects of other Trump policies to get an accurate bottom-line revenue number. Trump's plans to reduce illegal immigration and implement merit-based legal immigration will have a huge effect on entitlement costs. Those entitlement savings offset some of the tax cuts and is not included in JCT or CBO estimates.

There's more, but I know you'll have trouble absorbing the couple examples I already gave you so I'll stop now.

#15 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Got Wiener?
  • Group: Silver

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

None of this bothered you when Barry the Poof was in charge. Why now the change of heart?

#16 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:47 AM

Finally a house fell on this witch.

The White House, that is.

#17 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:08 PM

When federal spending is unsustainable, it's a good idea to reduce it. The best way to allow this to happen is to remove the numbers dependent on the federal government. The best way to do this is to incentivize businesses and individuals to stop asking for handouts and instead find opportunities to provide for themselves. The best way to do this is to cut taxes and regulations and allow a free market to take care of it. The best way to do that is to keep democrats out of decision making power. The best way to do that right now is to let Trump execute his pro-growth agenda. The best way to do that is for people like you to step aside and let those who actually can make stuff happen, improve the nation's economy.

The end.

#18 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:10 PM

My, it's going to be a long SEVEN more years for you, Trigglypuff.

Suck it up, buttercup.

#19 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostRedSoloCup, on 05 December 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

My, it's going to be a long SEVEN more years for you, Trigglypuff.

Suck it up, buttercup.

Careful, you are dealing with someone who has difficulty understanding up vs down and greater vs smaller.

Oki

#20 User is online   AntonToo 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 05 December 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

Typical liberal. Totally incapable of seeing the big picture. You focus on the negatives while ignoring the fact that they are outweighed by the positives. I'm not going to hold your hand and walk you out of your cloud of ignorance. That would take too long. But I will point out a couple things to get you started in the right direction.

- The JCT estimate shows that starting in 2021 a downward trend begins in the deficit effects of the tax cuts, resulting in deficit reductions six years later in 2027. The initial deficit increase is an investment in growth that eventually pays for itself.

https://s7.postimg.org/reakh3ga3/Screenshot_-_12_5_2017_9_58_27_AM.png

(JCT source - PDF download link)

Pure fantasy with a side of dis-information.

JTC DOES NOT claim that ANY of the tax-cut types contained in the bill EVER self-finance. You shamelessly made up that claim.

Reason 2027 shows positive revenue VS baseline is because TAXES GO UP AFTER 2025, when all of the individual tax changes in the bill EXPIRE, dynamic effects from tax-cuts from prior years are still making their way through economy and finally Obamacare subsidies spending is down because more people are now without healthcare insurance.

View PostNatural Selection, on 05 December 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

- You need to add in the effects of other Trump policies to get an accurate bottom-line revenue number. Trump's plans to reduce illegal immigration and implement merit-based legal immigration will have a huge effect on entitlement costs. Those entitlement savings offset some of the tax cuts and is not included in JCT or CBO estimates.

There's more, but I know you'll have trouble absorbing the couple examples I already gave you so I'll stop now.

umm no you don't. Our deficit towards the end on 2020's is expected to hit staggering 1.5 trillion ALREADY, without any tax-cuts. Your completely un-quantified wishey-hopey immigrant claims certainly would not resolve that giant baseline deficit.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users