RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: New Commercial: Teen suicide an epidemic - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Commercial: Teen suicide an epidemic Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:34 AM

I happened to see yet another interesting commercial here tonight where it was telling people that teen suicide is at epidemic proportions and that there is help and to call 1-800...

Can we take a minute to think about WHY that might be the case?

Why would teens in America be SO distraught, SO sad, SO depressed that they would consider suicide as THE answer to their problems?

Being a teen has never been easy, regardless of when you went through those charming, hormone riddled years where your body and emotions were running riot and in direct conflict with everyone around you.

Why is it that teen suicide is now at what this commercial states are epidemic numbers?

Could it be that the MORE permissive society has become, the more perverse and amoral the accepted norms become, that children are the first casualties in this 'new freedom' that the leftards are pushing?

I remember watching a program several years ago on the topic of suicide and they said that a study had been done among the survivors who jumped off one of the big bridges,(Golden Gate, Brooklyn, one of the bigguns) and they all said that as they were plummeting toward the water, the answer to the problem that plagued them to the point of jumping came to them with pinpoint clarity.

Just struck me as odd that the children, who are our future, are getting so screwed up that they are killing themselves in droves... Perhaps the people pushing to change America might want to think about that for a bit and consider the damage they have inflicted in their determination to fix what wasn't broken.

#2 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:08 AM

First of all we need to define epidemic. We also need to define Teen, and are they just threats or are the attempts. The problem here is the sloppy use of words. How many is an epidemic? Is it enough to actually warrant government interference? Why do we send our kids to a school that torments them and indoctrinates them in Karl Marx while forcing them to go to "work" there for 8 hours a day? European schools are generally no more than 6 hours / day.

Once we figure out the "root" causes for this nonsense and realize the numbers have been flat since the 60's we can go back to being adults, and training our kids for adulthood.

#3 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:43 AM

My guess is all this anti depressant medication the health care community is pushing down our throats.

#4 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:14 AM

It was never 'easy' being an adolescent, especially one that is bullied, but when we were all teens we didn't have social media and gadgets that kept us connected 24/7. Sure there were mean kids at school, but after school and weekends, we went back to our own neighborhoods where people like us. We could put all the negative away for a while, and not think of it again until Monday morning. Now it's always in their faces and every thing they do could potentially end up on camera and become viral.
Glad there were no smart phone cameras when I was teenager.

Horrible, sad story from just the other day.
http://nbc4i.com/201...eo-parents-say/

#5 User is offline   Big Dave 

• ...and yes, I am compensating for something.
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:33 AM

View Posterp, on 05 December 2017 - 05:43 AM, said:

My guess is all this anti depressant medication the health care community is pushing down our throats.

That and "social media" that requires you to be a star or you're worthless. Plus, true self-esteem requires actually accomplishing something, not esrning a participation trophy. Our inner nature knows what's what, and trying to fool it throught the spititual and mental masturbation that is the popular and accepted way of "growingnup" today doesn't satisfy the true need for maturity and responsibility. Too many adults who are no more than children of age does not make a healthy society. :coffeenpc:

#6 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:11 AM

In addition to all the above, I think "Parenting" is a factor too. Extremes in both directions: Either no parenting at all or at best single-parenting, OR 'Helicopter' parents that turn their kids into snowflakes.

#7 User is offline   Italian Biker 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:37 AM

I would agree that maybe jumping the gun on use of the word "epidemic" is hasty. But IMO, there has been too much coddling with children and teens as of late, and when they're actually in a conflict, they are too soft to face it and deal with it stand up for themselves.
For years kids have been told not fight, walk away, blah blah blah, but then in the same sentence, they're told to stand up to bullies. Come to the aid of those being bullied, but what ever you do, don't fight. This advice is paradoxical and confusing to most kids.

#8 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:31 PM

I can see several reasons.

Social media that can decide to attack a person for little to no reason is a massive amount of PEER pressure. The schools that are trying to protect kids from the real world with stuff like participation trophies and limiting what the kids can hear in class rooms. And lack of enforcement of school rules or arbitrary enforcement of school rules which makes kids confused.

The US is working hard to raise snowflakes and confused kids.

#9 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:49 PM

No mystery. They are being taught that their country is an unjust dead end. They read and hear about their older friends who are under huge debts for a worthless college education. They have been denied a strong moral compass. Virtue is accepting and honoring destructive behavior because it's a sin to be judgmental. Citizenship is viewed as a curse because it's at the expense of masses around the world.

The corrupt establishment has created and shaped the modern world and every generation to follow will be the ones who are destroyed.

Insanity.

#10 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:10 PM

These suicides are done by teens and pre-teens. They don't care about money and politics and adult stuff like that.

I think it's mostly because of peer pressure and lack of family/parental support to escape back to when the need arises. I think it's still much better to be an involved parent than essentially absent. A helicopter parent is better than one that's never there, should one have to choose between extremes.

How to fix it? Lead a normal life, don't stress about their friends and school too much, give them reasonable freedom, but do things as a family e.g. on weekends. Common sense stuff. Same as it ever was.

#11 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:11 PM

View PostCoach, on 05 December 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

No mystery. They are being taught that their country is an unjust dead end. They read and hear about their older friends who are under huge debts for a worthless college education. They have been denied a strong moral compass. Virtue is accepting and honoring destructive behavior because it's a sin to be judgmental. Citizenship is viewed as a curse because it's at the expense of masses around the world.

The corrupt establishment has created and shaped the modern world and every generation to follow will be the ones who are destroyed.

Insanity.

I donít think itís that complicated, especially not for the younger ones, like with the ten year old I posted. Itís the same old pressures, to be liked, loved, accepted, fit in, not be hurt physically or emotionally. To be beautiful, like their idols, and have the world know it. Junior high (at least mine) was like Lord of the Flies. You add social media and drugs into the mix, itís peer pressure on steroids.

#12 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:48 PM

View PostLadybird, on 05 December 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

I donít think itís that complicated, especially not for the younger ones, like with the ten year old I posted. Itís the same old pressures, to be liked, loved, accepted, fit in, not be hurt physically or emotionally. To be beautiful, like their idols, and have the world know it. Junior high (at least mine) was like Lord of the Flies. You add social media and drugs into the mix, itís peer pressure on steroids.

Maybe two strong parents and family could help ? I never went to bed worrying about all the dangers my ancestors faced. What makes modern stress so special ?

The missing essential need is a stable family, community and nation. Hell we can't even enforce out border and we are becoming over run by aliens who even refuse to learn our language or embrace our values.

Bleak future, no wonder they are stressed and depressed.

#13 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:14 PM

No God, no strong family, no ethics, no morals, no nos, everything goes, nothing matters, everything matters, everything goes, no genders, do anything and everything, nothing is your fault, and so on and so on.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users