RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Conyers ‘Retiring Today,’ Endorses Son To Replace Him - RightNation.US

Conyers ‘Retiring Today,’ Endorses Son To Replace Him Update: There's Just One Small Problem Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:31 PM

What is the definition of N E P O T I S M ?

#22 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

View Postintotheblackhole, on 05 December 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

What is the definition of N E P O T I S M ?

Trump

#23 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

View PostLadybird, on 05 December 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

Trump

How about Kennedy's. They set the standard. Tump is a rank amateur.

#24 User is online   Censport 

• @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:03 PM

View Postintotheblackhole, on 05 December 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

How about Kennedy's. They set the standard. Tump is a rank amateur.

Maybe it's a generational thing, but that's always who I think of when the subject of nepotism comes up. Jack as president, his own brother as AG who ran for president later, and Teddy as a senator-for-life. No telling what might have happened had old man Joe gotten his way and started off with Joe Jr. as president.

#25 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:37 PM

View PostCensport, on 05 December 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

Maybe it's a generational thing, but that's always who I think of when the subject of nepotism comes up. Jack as president, his own brother as AG who ran for president later, and Teddy as a senator-for-life. No telling what might have happened had old man Joe gotten his way and started off with Joe Jr. as president.

The Kennedys had ways of making folks who got in their way disappear. Mary Jo was one of those people. Martha Moxley was also a victim of the Kennedy's. I am sure that Joe Sr had a lot of folks go away when he was bootlegging, which has been denied by the leftists apologists. The Kennedy's were even brutal of their own as when Joe Sr had is daughter lobotomized and then hid away because she was an embarrassment to the family.

#26 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:10 PM

View Postzurg, on 05 December 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

So she's 35 years younger than he. So she was 26 when The Third was born. He was 61. How long did they date. Did he have sexual relations with that teenager when he was in his early fifties? Hmmm. Plot thickens. Or lengthens. Or both.

Careful with words, my friend. You start using words like 'plot' in a topic about Conyers, and I start thinking that one about 6' deep would be appropriate.

#27 User is online   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:21 PM

View PostLadybird, on 05 December 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

Trump

Well, we all know that nepotism is part of big city politics and always has been. Conyers may be a federal official, but at his core he is big city political machine.

#28 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

View PostHieronymous, on 06 December 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

Well, we all know that nepotism is part of big city politics and always has been. Conyers may be a federal official, but at his core he is big city political machine.

The cousin and the son may be running for the same seat.
https://www.freep.co...test/922910001/
What a wacky bunch. My bet is on the cousin.

#29 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

So is he gone now?

Whew! Female reporters can get on elevators now.

#30 User is offline   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:18 PM

View Posterp, on 06 December 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

So is he gone now?

Whew! Female reporters can get on elevators now.

And it's safe to sit in the front pew again.

#31 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:06 AM

Rep. Conyers Tapped His Son To Succeed Him. There's Just One Small Problem

The Daily Wire
By Amanda Prestigiacomo
December 6, 2017

Excerpt:

When embattled Democrat Congressmen John Conyers "retired" on Tuesday, he tapped his son, John Conyers III, to succeed him in the House.

But aside from the glaring nepotism and ethical questions surrounding the rep's endorsement of his 27-year-old son, there's one small problem: Conyers III was arrested for allegedly stabbing his girlfriend in February of this year.

As (under)stated by The New York Times: "As issues of sexual harassment and abuse roil Washington, any violent altercation against a woman could doom his effort to take the seat that his father held since 1965."

The former aspiring rapper, with a whole host of inspirational lyrics, was arguing with his girlfriend on Valentine's Day, around 3 a.m., when a physical altercation broke out and Conyers III was arrested.

"She says I stabbed her, which makes no sense," said Conyers III. "I didn’t do this. She and I had a verbal altercation and that escalated. She pulled the knife on me. She was chasing me. I tried to take it from her. There was a struggle. I pinned her to the wall. She kept swinging and she cut herself."

Though the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office eventually dropped the charges, the alleged victim received a restraining order on Conyers III, which remains active until March of 2018, notes the Times.

*snip*

The Rest

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users