RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump to declare Jerusalem capital of Israel: White House officials - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump to declare Jerusalem capital of Israel: White House officials Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:25 AM

Trump to declare Jerusalem capital of Israel: White House officials
By JUSTIN FISHEL JORDYN PHELPS Dec 6, 2017, 6:31 AM ET

In a momentous shift of United States foreign policy in the Middle East, President Donald Trump is set to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel on Wednesday and initiate the process of relocating the U.S. embassy to the city from Tel Aviv, according to senior administration officials.

The president is expected to officially announce the policy changes in remarks at the White House at 1pm on Wednesday.

A U.S. official and a source close to the White House told ABC News that official recognition of Jerusalem as the capital is expected to be intentionally broad and not meant to preclude the possibility that the Palestinians could claim part of the historic city as a capital of a future Palestinian state. The president does not want to "prejudice" the outcome of any future peace negotiations for a two-state solution, one source familiar with the plan told ABC News.

<snip>

One official described the president’s move in recognizing Jerusalem as the official capital as a “recognition of reality,” with a second official making the case that the location of the embassy is a neutral factor in the United States ultimate ability to be an effective arbiter of a peace deal.

“For a long time, the United States position held that ambiguity or lack of acknowledgement would somehow advance the prospect of peace,” the senior official said. “It seems clear now that physical location of American embassy is not material to a peace deal. It’s not an impediment to peace fundamentally, and it’s not a facilitator of peace.”

LINK
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This post has been edited by ThePatriot: 06 December 2017 - 07:25 AM

#2 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:33 AM

Isn't it something . . . having a President that actually keeps his promises as best as he can where it's up to him?

I've always wanted this and dread the deaths of innocents that are going to take place and that they will be blamed on Trump and not the Palestinian terrorists that actually do the murdering.

I must admit, I thought it was all talk when he said this during the campaign but then every other President that has said this before him really didn't mean it.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens because you know there will be cries of Armageddon from the anti-Semite Democrat far-leftists.

#3 User is offline   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:18 AM

And, just so itís clear, Bill Clinton signed the law that made it manditory that the US government recognize Jeresalem as the capital of Israel.

#4 User is online   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:24 AM

View Postcorporal_little, on 06 December 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

And, just so itís clear, Bill Clinton signed the law that made it manditory that the US government recognize Jeresalem as the capital of Israel.

Something tells me the media will ignore that fact as they report Trump's decision will lead to WWIII

#5 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:00 AM

Good.

#6 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

Excellent.

#7 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:29 AM

View Postcorporal_little, on 06 December 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

And, just so it's clear, Bill Clinton signed the law that made it manditory that the US government recognize Jeresalem as the capital of Israel.

And immediately signed the first waiver stating he would not be the one doing it.

#8 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:47 AM

When I type in "Capital of Israel" on any search engine, what is the answer I get?

So what is all the bitching and moaning about?

I like what this guy had to say on the topic:

Education Minister Naftali Bennett, head of the nationalist Jewish Home party, praised what he called Trump's 'bold and yet natural' move.

'The sooner the Arab world recognizes Jerusalem as our capital, the sooner we will reach real peace. Real peace that is not predicated on an illusion that we are going to carve up Jerusalem and carve up Israel,' Bennett told The Associated Press on the sidelines of the Jerusalem Post Diplomatic Conference.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz50V7GUcks

They are never going to have real peace while believing something is going to happen that will never happen. They are not going to carve up Jerusalem, so stop thinking it will happen. If you want peace, work within the framework of facts. That said, we know that most of the Arab does not want peace....they want to kill Jews.

Good for President Trump. In the short term, hopefully we will see a lot of screaming and whining that peters out and the adults can deal with the reality after the fact. In the long term, the status quo wasn't "peace", it was the appearance of peace from thousands of miles away.

For all the talk of world war against the muslims, this will probably be the final nail in the stage for a peaceful transition into a two state solution. Why do I say that? I have no idea.......but everything Trump has done so far that I thought was going to cause him headaches has turned out well.

This post has been edited by Dutch13: 06 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

#9 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:24 PM

If the muslims are so upset, then they shouldn't have attacked Israel in the first place. The territory that is considered "occupied" was won, by Israel, through victory in war. How many times have the victors given up territory that they acquired through war? Why should Israel give up said territory? because the losers want it back? No, it's not the losers that want it back, it's the parasites that want it back. For those that are ignorant; The Gaza strip used to be part of Egypt, not Palestinian territory. The West Bank was part of Jordan, not palestine. The Golan Heights was part of Syria. Now, all that territory belongs to Israel (and has for 50 years). Deal with it.

This post has been edited by Tea Party Hooligan: 06 December 2017 - 12:24 PM

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:01 PM

It's about time. Long overdue.

I had to laugh every time last night somebody on TV wailed about this "upsetting" the "peace process" in the middle east, LOL.

What "peace process"? It's really very simple: If the Palestinians wanted peace, there would be peace. And if Israel wanted war, there would be no Palestinians.

:rolleyes:

#11 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:12 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 06 December 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

It's about time. Long overdue.

I had to laugh every time last night somebody on TV wailed about this "upsetting" the "peace process" in the middle east, LOL.

What "peace process"? It's really very simple: If the Palestinians wanted peace, there would be peace. And if Israel wanted war, there would be no Palestinians.

:rolleyes:

Whosoever Blesses Them
The intifada and its defenders.
11:00 PM, APR 21, 2002
By LARRY MILLER

(snip)

A brief overview of the situation is always valuable, so as a service to all Americans who still don't get it, I now offer you the story of the Middle East in just a few paragraphs, which is all you really need. Don't thank me. I'm a giver. Here we go:

The Palestinians want their own country. There's just one thing about that: There are no Palestinians. It's a made up word. Israel was called Palestine for two thousand years. Like "Wiccan," "Palestinian" sounds ancient but is really a modern invention. Before the Israelis won the land in war, Gaza was owned by Egypt, and there were no "Palestinians" then, and the West Bank was owned by Jordan, and there were no "Palestinians" then. As soon as the Jews took over and started growing oranges as big as basketballs, what do you know, say hello to the "Palestinians," weeping for their deep bond with their lost "land" and "nation." So for the sake of honesty, let's not use the word "Palestinian" any more to describe these delightful folks, who dance for joy at our deaths until someone points out they're being taped. Instead, let's call them what they are: "Other Arabs From The Same General Area Who Are In Deep Denial About Never Being Able To Accomplish Anything In Life And Would Rather Wrap Themselves In The Seductive Melodrama Of Eternal Struggle And Death." I know that's a bit unwieldy to expect to see on CNN. How about this, then: "Adjacent Jew-Haters."

Okay, so the Adjacent Jew-Haters want their own country. Oops, just one more thing. No, they don't. They could've had their own country any time in the last thirty years, especially two years ago at Camp David. But if you have your own country, you have to have traffic lights and garbage trucks and Chambers of Commerce, and, worse, you actually have to figure out some way to make a living. That's no fun. No, they want what all the other Jew-Haters in the region want: Israel. They also want a big pile of dead Jews, of course--that's where the real fun is--but mostly they want Israel. Why? For one thing, trying to destroy Israel--or "The Zionist Entity" as their textbooks call it--for the last fifty years has allowed the rulers of Arab countries to divert the attention of their own people away from the fact that they're the blue-ribbon most illiterate, poorest, and tribally backward on God's Earth, and if you've ever been around God's Earth, you know that's really saying something. It makes me roll my eyes every time one of our pundits waxes poetic about the great history and culture of the Muslim Mideast. Unless I'm missing something, the Arabs haven't given anything to the world since Algebra, and, by the way, thanks a hell of a lot for that one.

Chew this around and spit it out: Five hundred million Arabs; five million Jews. Think of all the Arab countries as a football field, and Israel as a pack of matches sitting in the middle of it. And now these same folks swear that if Israel gives them half of that pack of matches, everyone will be pals. Really? Wow, what neat news. Hey, but what about the string of wars to obliterate the tiny country and the constant din of rabid blood oaths to drive every Jew into the sea? Oh, that? We were just kidding.

My friend Kevin Rooney made a gorgeous point the other day: Just reverse the numbers. Imagine five hundred million Jews and five million Arabs. I was stunned at the simple brilliance of it. Can anyone picture the Jews strapping belts of razor blades and dynamite to themselves? Of course not. Or marshalling every fiber and force at their disposal for generations to drive a tiny Arab state into the sea? Nonsense. Or dancing for joy at the murder of innocents? Impossible. Or spreading and believing horrible lies about the Arabs baking their bread with the blood of children? Disgusting. No, as you know, left to themselves in a world of peace, the worst Jews would ever do to people is debate them to death.

Mr. Bush, God bless him, is walking a tightrope. I understand that with vital operations coming up against Iraq and others, it's in our interest, as Americans, to try to stabilize our Arab allies as much as possible, and, after all, that can't be much harder than stabilizing a roomful of supermodels who've just had their drugs taken away. However, in any big-picture strategy, there's always a danger of losing moral weight. We've already lost some. After September 11 our president told us and the world he was going to root out all terrorists and the countries that supported them. Beautiful. Then the Israelis, after months and months of having the equivalent of an Oklahoma City every week (and then every day) start to do the same thing we did, and we tell them to show restraint. If America were being attacked with an Oklahoma City every day, we would all very shortly be screaming for the administration to just be done with it and kill everything south of the Mediterranean and east of the Jordan. (Hey, wait a minute, that's actually not such a bad id . . . uh, that is, what a horrible thought, yeah, horrible.)

(snip)

#12 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:21 PM

^ Didn't you post that before Reggie? It's as good as it ever was. Great read.

#13 User is online   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

Trump just announced it on television.

#14 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:28 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 06 December 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

Whosoever Blesses Them
The intifada and its defenders.
11:00 PM, APR 21, 2002
By LARRY MILLER

(snip)

A brief overview of the situation is always valuable, so as a service to all Americans who still don't get it, I now offer you the story of the Middle East in just a few paragraphs, which is all you really need. Don't thank me. I'm a giver. Here we go:

The Palestinians want their own country. There's just one thing about that: There are no Palestinians. It's a made up word. Israel was called Palestine for two thousand years. Like "Wiccan," "Palestinian" sounds ancient but is really a modern invention. Before the Israelis won the land in war, Gaza was owned by Egypt, and there were no "Palestinians" then, and the West Bank was owned by Jordan, and there were no "Palestinians" then. As soon as the Jews took over and started growing oranges as big as basketballs, what do you know, say hello to the "Palestinians," weeping for their deep bond with their lost "land" and "nation." So for the sake of honesty, let's not use the word "Palestinian" any more to describe these delightful folks, who dance for joy at our deaths until someone points out they're being taped. Instead, let's call them what they are: "Other Arabs From The Same General Area Who Are In Deep Denial About Never Being Able To Accomplish Anything In Life And Would Rather Wrap Themselves In The Seductive Melodrama Of Eternal Struggle And Death." I know that's a bit unwieldy to expect to see on CNN. How about this, then: "Adjacent Jew-Haters."

Okay, so the Adjacent Jew-Haters want their own country. Oops, just one more thing. No, they don't. They could've had their own country any time in the last thirty years, especially two years ago at Camp David. But if you have your own country, you have to have traffic lights and garbage trucks and Chambers of Commerce, and, worse, you actually have to figure out some way to make a living. That's no fun. No, they want what all the other Jew-Haters in the region want: Israel. They also want a big pile of dead Jews, of course--that's where the real fun is--but mostly they want Israel. Why? For one thing, trying to destroy Israel--or "The Zionist Entity" as their textbooks call it--for the last fifty years has allowed the rulers of Arab countries to divert the attention of their own people away from the fact that they're the blue-ribbon most illiterate, poorest, and tribally backward on God's Earth, and if you've ever been around God's Earth, you know that's really saying something. It makes me roll my eyes every time one of our pundits waxes poetic about the great history and culture of the Muslim Mideast. Unless I'm missing something, the Arabs haven't given anything to the world since Algebra, and, by the way, thanks a hell of a lot for that one.

Chew this around and spit it out: Five hundred million Arabs; five million Jews. Think of all the Arab countries as a football field, and Israel as a pack of matches sitting in the middle of it. And now these same folks swear that if Israel gives them half of that pack of matches, everyone will be pals. Really? Wow, what neat news. Hey, but what about the string of wars to obliterate the tiny country and the constant din of rabid blood oaths to drive every Jew into the sea? Oh, that? We were just kidding.

My friend Kevin Rooney made a gorgeous point the other day: Just reverse the numbers. Imagine five hundred million Jews and five million Arabs. I was stunned at the simple brilliance of it. Can anyone picture the Jews strapping belts of razor blades and dynamite to themselves? Of course not. Or marshalling every fiber and force at their disposal for generations to drive a tiny Arab state into the sea? Nonsense. Or dancing for joy at the murder of innocents? Impossible. Or spreading and believing horrible lies about the Arabs baking their bread with the blood of children? Disgusting. No, as you know, left to themselves in a world of peace, the worst Jews would ever do to people is debate them to death.

Mr. Bush, God bless him, is walking a tightrope. I understand that with vital operations coming up against Iraq and others, it's in our interest, as Americans, to try to stabilize our Arab allies as much as possible, and, after all, that can't be much harder than stabilizing a roomful of supermodels who've just had their drugs taken away. However, in any big-picture strategy, there's always a danger of losing moral weight. We've already lost some. After September 11 our president told us and the world he was going to root out all terrorists and the countries that supported them. Beautiful. Then the Israelis, after months and months of having the equivalent of an Oklahoma City every week (and then every day) start to do the same thing we did, and we tell them to show restraint. If America were being attacked with an Oklahoma City every day, we would all very shortly be screaming for the administration to just be done with it and kill everything south of the Mediterranean and east of the Jordan. (Hey, wait a minute, that's actually not such a bad id . . . uh, that is, what a horrible thought, yeah, horrible.)

(snip)

Great summing-up. Thanks for posting it.

And it's a perfect illustration of how nothing ever changes much in that part of the world. The article is 15 years old, but still perfectly applicable today. With the exception of a name or number here or there ("Bush" for example), it could've been written yesterday.

B)

#15 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

View PostThePatriot, on 06 December 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

Trump just announced it on television.

:woohoo:

#16 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

View Postzurg, on 06 December 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

^ Didn't you post that before Reggie? It's as good as it ever was. Great read.

I post it every time it's needed.

#17 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:42 PM

For all the crazy muslim nutjobs in the world, before you start blowing sh# up, please pay attention to the fact that President Trump did the EXACT same thing that President Clinton, President Bush, and President Obama did.........he signed another 6 month waiver too leave the embassy in Tel Aviv.

#18 User is offline   Bubbajoebob 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:21 PM

View PostThePatriot, on 06 December 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

<snip>

One official described the presidentís move in recognizing Jerusalem as the official capital as a ďrecognition of reality,Ē with a second official making the case that the location of the embassy is a neutral factor in the United States ultimate ability to be an effective arbiter of a peace deal.

It's bothersome that politics makes people want to deny reality so often. Israel, our ally, gets to choose its own capital, not anyone else. They declare that it's in Jerusalem. But to avoid having countries that want Israel eliminated (and would be happy if the US was too) unhappy with us, we pretend that the capital is somewhere else.

I find the situation similar to Taiwan / China. Taiwan is independent of China. China has no political power there and hasn't for decades. But to keep China happy, everyone has to pretend that Taiwan is part of China.

#19 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:23 PM

A good move as it actually is their capitol. This has been a long time coming.

#20 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

Moderator T said:

1512588230[/url]' post='685468002']
A good move as it actually is their capitol. This has been a long time coming.

As somewhat less than President Trump's biggest fan, I can't deny he is making every effort to follow through on his campaign promises. Maybe the major players in the Middle East will realize that he isn't just a politician, but a man to make a deal with.........assuming anyone actually does want peace with Israel.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users